AOS interview 6 months ago

brunello

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone

This is my case. I had my AOS interview six moths ago and at the end I was told to wait for a decision in the mail. Its been 6 months and no decision so far. I havent made Infopass. This is so frustrating. Now to top it off my marriage is in the verge of divorce.What are my options.? What should I do.?

Thanks in advance.

You should be more worried about fixing your marriage at this point.

As far as the info pass, you can set one up online. In most cases, you really won't get any significant feed back from an info pass. That does not mean you don't try. At least it shows USCIS that you are concerned. As the saying goes, the squeaky wheels get the grease!

You should be more worried about fixing your marriage at this point.

As far as the info pass, you can set one up online. In most cases, you really won't get any significant feed back from an info pass. That does not mean you don't try. At least it shows USCIS that you are concerned. As the saying goes, the squeaky wheels get the grease!

I guess I have to make one before we file for divorce which is a matter of months. It just didnt work out. To make story short, I just married a lazy woman that wanted me to work and pay for everything.I am not doing that anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone

This is my case. I had my AOS interview six moths ago and at the end I was told to wait for a decision in the mail. Its been 6 months and no decision so far. I havent made Infopass. This is so frustrating. Now to top it off my marriage is in the verge of divorce.What are my options.? What should I do.?

How long have you been married? Is your case based on marriage to a US citizen? If not, you might have to wait years due to visa bulletin retrogression.

18 months? Then it may make sense to just sit back and do nothing until you've almost reach 2 years of marriage. If they approve your card when it's on or after your 2-year anniversary, you should get a 10-year card, enabling you to avoid the expense and hassle of the I-751 process a couple years later.

When it's very close to your 2-year anniversary, if you still haven't been approved you could start contacting the Ombudsman and Congressman and making Infopass appointments.

18 months? Then it may make sense to just sit back and do nothing until you've almost reach 2 years of marriage. If they approve your card when it's on or after your 2-year anniversary, you should get a 10-year card, enabling you to avoid the expense and hassle of the I-751 process a couple years later.

When it's very close to your 2-year anniversary, if you still haven't been approved you could start contacting the Ombudsman and Congressman and making Infopass appointments.

Thank you! like how close to the 2anniversary should I make the first infopass?

A divorce BEFORE obtaining LPR status will probably mean denial of the greencard.

True, but if a conditional card is granted and the divorce occurs shortly thereafter, that jeopardizes the ability to get the 10-year unconditional card a couple years later.

So brunello has a tough dilemma with no great options. Either try to keep the marriage and AOS process alive until the 2-year anniversary, which if successful would result in a 10-year card free and clear, but would result in disaster if the divorce happens before GC approval. Or take action to try to get the green card approved as fast as possible, then deal with the future difficulties of trying to obtain the 10-year card after a divorce that occurred shortly after approval of the conditional GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your replies.

I think the best thing to do is to sit and wait until I am close to the 2 year anniversary. My question is how close to that date should I contact them? after? a month before, 2 months?

Thanks a lot.

It's probably best if you wait until the anniversary itself. Otherwise there is the danger that they could act quickly and approve it before the anniversary.

And if you wait until on or after the anniversary, when contacting the various parties and going for Infopass you can emphasize that you've completed 2 years of marriage.

It's probably best if you wait until the anniversary itself. Otherwise there is the danger that they could act quickly and approve it before the anniversary.

And if you wait until on or after the anniversary, when contacting the various parties and going for Infopass you can emphasize that you've completed 2 years of marriage.

Thanks once again.

Just another question, what are common reasons USCIS takes that long after interview?

Thanks once again.

Just another question, what are common reasons USCIS takes that long after interview?

Sometimes it's because FBI background checks are delayed. But most other times, it's just random laziness where they put a case on hold and don't look it at it again for several months or years. In one of his annual reports, the Ombudsman noticed that they had a tendency to prefer working on the simpler cases as that allowed them to increase their count of cases processed per month, while ignoring the older and complex cases because those would require more time and effort which would lower their statistics.

Need advice please
I had my interview in atlanta. But before the interview i moved to another state. I was in removal, but the judge terminated the removal. So when i had my interviee the officier told me he would to approve right the way. But he didn't have my file. Cause the ice didn,t send it. So a month after my lawyer made infos pass for me. They told him that they have received the file. But can't figure out who has my file. So they told him to wait 2 weeks, and to try after if i dont receive anything. So i call my lawyer to go back but he told me atlanta is behind. To wait 5 to 6 months. That right now infos pass wont help. What you guys think?? Should i wait or make another infospass??

Need advice please
I had my interview in atlanta. But before the interview i moved to another state. I was in removal, but the judge terminated the removal. So when i had my interviee the officier told me he would to approve right the way. But he didn't have my file. Cause the ice didn,t send it. So a month after my lawyer made infos pass for me. They told him that they have received the file. But can't figure out who has my file. So they told him to wait 2 weeks, and to try after if i dont receive anything. So i call my lawyer to go back but he told me atlanta is behind. To wait 5 to 6 months. That right now infos pass wont help. What you guys think?? Should i wait or make another infospass??

Need advice please

Your case involves a very different set of circumstances. Please start your own thread.

Sometimes it's because FBI background checks are delayed. But most other times, it's just random laziness where they put a case on hold and don't look it at it again for several months or years. In one of his annual reports, the Ombudsman noticed that they had a tendency to prefer working on the simpler cases as that allowed them to increase their count of cases processed per month, while ignoring the older and complex cases because those would require more time and effort which would lower their statistics.

Thanks you have been very helpful.