AOS 1 year we need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

realcool1

Registered Users (C)
Yes I really need advice and help from you guys, I have been waiting for my GC for 9months but now and I have not received any kind of update from the uscis and I am beginning to feel I am stuck in this immigration process as I have seen a lot of people over the years during the 90s the late 2007.
They have been a lot of changes from over the years in the immigration process, I found out that people wait 3 to 4 years some times to get interview date, but as for my case timeline as you will see in my timeline I was interview and my case was touched the day after the interview, after then we have not received any form of RFE, after our interview IO told us, we will get our card in mail in 30 to 45 days time and that was all, will hard some soft touch on the day after the interview that was all.
I have made a service request stating our case is out of processing time and we received a letter stating we will hear from them in 90days, from the forum I have realized that the 90days will pass and you will hear nothing from them so after 45days I contacted the congressmen and they also told us will sha hear from them in 4days,
So my question now to any person who have waited this long or can help, what can I do to get my GC, when can one sue the immigration or what can I do, do I keep making info pass? Do I keep calling 800 numbers? Should I keeping contacting congress? Should I contact a lawyer? Because we have nothing no use for a lawyer when we filled our case was straight forward. According to the uscis 800 number they sound as if a case in more than the processing time its abnormal and keep telling me to make an info pass to see what is going on, they are only guarded by what we see online also, so they keep reading the online status for you all over and over,I believe the 800 number are for those without computer at home. But the info pass office sound more like waiting a years is very normal when it is clearly stated on the site that 4months is the filed processing time. If some cases will take a year it should be stated in the case processing time line so everyone can know.
So I really need help from every one that can help because anybody that have been through immigration process knows you will never think straight at work if you have a pending case with the uscis, i really need to get help and get this AOS out of my life so I can think straighten out .I know they are lot of people visiting this forum and they are also in same condition, please share your stories please.
My simple question is what should I do????

Well you can sue USCIS anytime, its called a Writ of Mandamus, but usually judges depending on the circuit have different opinions about how long is too long for a Writ of Mandamus action to be ripe, most of them are of the view and consider 18 months to be too long and have sided with the plaintiffs in those cases, but I think once it's a year old a Mandamus action should bring some relief from this wait.

Have you contacted the Ombudsman?

Not that the Ombudsman would help you get a green card soon. But before filing WOM you are expected to have contacted various parties including the Ombudsman to show that you've made an honest effort to resolve the situation without the courts.

But right now, the court will consider it too early and would throw out your WOM lawsuit. I don't think I've ever read of a successful WOM case that was filed less than 15 months since the GC process was initiated.

Have you made an Infopass appointment to find out what is happening with your case?

Well you can sue USCIS anytime, its called a Writ of Mandamus, but usually judges depending on the circuit have different opinions about how long is too long for a Writ of Mandamus action to be ripe, most of them are of the view and consider 18 months to be too long and have sided with the plaintiffs in those cases, but I think once it's a year old a Mandamus action should bring some relief from this wait.

ok you mean i should wait for 6 more months to make the 18months,another long wait.i honestly pray i should get in before the 180 more days lol.

Have you contacted the Ombudsman?

Not that the Ombudsman would help you get a green card soon. But before filing WOM you are expected to have contacted various parties including the Ombudsman to show that you've made an honest effort to resolve the situation without the courts.

But right now, the court will consider it too early and would throw out your WOM lawsuit. I don't think I've ever read of a successful WOM case that was filed less than 15 months since the GC process was initiated.

Have you made an Infopass appointment to find out what is happening with your case?

what is Ombudsman? i have heard of it but i really do not who they are and how to contact them,
we have made info pass and they just look into the computer and say what i also can see online from my house and tell you your case is under review,
i honestly do not bug the office with info ontil like 2 months ago after like 3months after the interview,but i have mad info 3 time with no good result,called 800 number they told me to make info and see what is happen because from there end i they didnt complain about our interview and no RFE after interview so GC should be delivered as scheduled.so 800 number do not even no what is going on.can you share more light on the Ombudsman

thanks a lot, do you also think its is time to contact the Ombudsman or i should wait a little more from my time line or what do you guys think i should do,

In addition to Ombudsman for a successful WOM you also need to prove that you have exhausted all other remedies including getting assistance from your area legislators and now seek judicial intervention.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot, do you also think its is time to contact the Ombudsman or i should wait a little more from my time line or what do you guys think i should do,

Now is fine to contact the Ombudsman. But it's too soon for the court to get involved.

Keep a copy of what you send to the Ombudsman, along with whatever replies they send to you, as you'll need that (as well as correspondence to/from the Senator/Congressman) to send with your WOM filing.

i will let the congress man 30 to 45days laps and i will contact the Ombudsman,but seriously why will they put 4 month when they no all case wouldn't be done in the time frame.is the congress men different from senator office because i read some thread and people will use them differently

They don't claim that the 4 month processing time is an absolute truth for everybody. It is just an approximation to give you an idea of how long it generally takes.

What exactly did you file? What basis of greencard? What Office did you interview at? Did the case have any "issues"? Any prior immigration cases or dealings of any sort ever by either the petitioner or beneficiary?

So what you have done since September, and what were the results?

Contacted the Congressman and Senator they all have same response like waiting to be assigned to adjudicator.interview went very fine as in my previous post,presently renewing my EAD,we filed AOS, local DO is Atlanta.We didn't have any other issue they just keep saying backlogs, when ever i go for info pass.clean immigration records.

Contacted the Congressman and Senator they all have same response like waiting to be assigned to adjudicator.interview went very fine as in my previous post,presently renewing my EAD,we filed AOS, local DO is Atlanta.We didn't have any other issue they just keep saying backlogs, when ever i go for info pass.clean immigration records.

So, are you a USC petitioner for a spouse or what????

Then contact the Ombudsman's office.

Then contact the Ombudsman's office.

We did contacted the ombudsman last month. we haven't heard any information from they if they have received the form we sent to them or not. How long does it take the ombudsman office to reply and therealcanadian do u think we should make info pass.the people in the widow are always nice if we visit the office they always tell us its in line to be adjudicated and we should go and wait for 30days.that is the information we get all the time.