Anyonw waiting for 485 approval in Atlanta

Received Interview/FP notices!!

Hi All,
I received interview notice and fingerprint notice for me and my wife. Interview is on Sep 14th. Finger print for me is on august 28th and for my wife October 28th(funny). Anyway tomorrow we will get the FP done for both. Congratulations to "Waitingto" and "Bonnieman" for getting FP notices. I think you will get your interview notices soon. Any experience with Officer "C", in my interview notice they mentioned Officer C will interview.
Looks like they are working on April 2002 filers.
I would like to thank "WaitingforAOS11" for his encouraging words, it really boosted everybody's hopes in this thread.

Congratulations Duke!!! You got both of FP and interview notice!!! Wow!

Thanks for your good wish! I am so happy to see lots of us are getting FP notices now.

Your FP date is Aug 28, you said you are going to Tomorrow(26?) not 28th? Is it Ok for me to go this weekend instead of next Thursday? Please advise! Thanks!

Dukhi, sooo very happy for you, that is great news. You will be getting your FP done soon, that is great. I had officer "D", do not know about "C", but, like mentioned, ATLANTA center is very cool. Good luck again and everything will be great.

Waitingto: YOU can get FP done early, you will just have to go and might have to wait, though thy guy, might say "no guarentee", but, if you wait, they will call you.

Dukhi: You should celebrate this weekend :) Good luck...

Thank you very much waitingforAOS11 for your quick response. I am glad to know that so I can go this weekend to have FP done. Thank you very much for your encoragement and prompt posts. Thank you very for your kind help! I really appreciate it!

Dukhi, you can celebrate now :)

Waiting to : I did finish my FP today. They did not ask anything, just saw notice and passport. Most of the time they are cool, they allow you to do before the actual date. I think during week days if you go in the afternoon it will be empty.

Thanks "Waitingfor AOS11" and "LucyMO". It is always big tension till you finish everything. I have started arranging documents for the interview. I have one full cabinet filled with immigration papers. I will post my interview experience.

Dukhi ,

How many days apart did you receive the FP and Interview notice? I recvd FP notice a week ago. But, no Interview letter so far.

Bonnieman,

Actually both came same day. I think you might receive your interview notice anytime. I am not sure "Waitingto" has received interview notice or not. He is also April, 2002 filer.

Bonnie, my FP notice and AOS interview request came close to 10 days, as far as I see and read somewhere also that ATLANTA office sends both these letters when they are very close, you should get something soon.

Interview Notice

I filed for AOS in APril 2002 and have interview in Atlanta on September 14th. Did finger prints last week. Does anybody know if I am supposed to have medical again? I did medical in April 2002 when I applied. Thanks.

LordhaveMercy: You don't have to do medical again unless BCIS ask you to redo specifically. Medical does not expire like FP. (FP is valid for 15 months)
Good luck with your interview, i also have interview same day, Sept 14th.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTE: I am one of you, have a limited immigration knowledge. I am not a lawyer. So act accordingly.

Dukhi485filer said:
LordhaveMercy: You don't have to do medical again unless BCIS ask you to redo specifically. Medical does not expire like FP. (FP is valid for 15 months)

Are you sure? I thought the medical is only valid for ONE year.

I got fingerprinted yesterday. Went quite smoothly, the woman was very nice.

If your passport or ID still has your maiden name on it, but the applications were filed under your married name, bring MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE with you. THey checked my passport and marriage certificate 3 times, at each stage of the process.

Thanks

Thanks Dukhi and WaitingFor. Any advice on what are all the documents I need to bring for the interview will be greatly appreciated. Anyone interviewed by officer G? Thanks.

Lord: Do not know officer G, but, I had "D", was very very cool. I think most of the folks got approved.

Make sure you have your passports, your and your spouse's employment verification letter and paystubs, bith certificates, last three years W2's and tax returns and two pictures. Rest my officer did not ask for anything, but take all the proof you have. make sure you have and updated 864 notarized (you have to let the IIO know if you have an updated one). Other documents include you medical vaccination copy if you have one, not the one from the sealed envelope (but the one with shots) and after you have done the medical, they gave a print out receipt, if you have one. Keep copies of everything as the officer went to make copies of my birth cert. we had one (she was very impressed). She kept on asking and we gave her copies. If you have all organized paperwork, it will be only 12-15 mins. Take all proff you have, to be ready and on the safe side.

Good luck. BTW, there was one desi IIO as well, not sure if he was doing cases for AOS or renewal on green cards. Initially, i thought, he might be hispanic, but, when i saw his tag, was a desi. I think he was mostly for the GC renewals as there will be 3 doors from where they call your name and he was coming from the middle door, which was mostly for GC renewals.

Finally, I received my AOS Interview notice. FingerPrint notice and Interview notice came two weeks apart. I filed in June 2002. Interview is in first week of October. I have Officer A.

Congratulations Bonieman. Looks like Atlanta is processing now June 2002 cases. This is very encouraging news for all Atlanta filers, they really picked up the speed. All the best for your interview Bonieman.

Great news Bonnie, good luck :)

Guess, very soon we all will have to start a thread as to who have received their green cards after the interview with the time-line.

Hi All,

I finally got notified from my attoney that they got interview notice last week so I asked him faxed me the letter. But what I found is the INS also cc this letter to my previous address which we had moved out for almost two years ago and we had mailed them to have address changed and seems everything coming to my current address except this one. So I am guessing I would never get my interview notice if I didn't have a lawyer. What should I do to correct this address? Please give me any advise, thanks!

I saw somewhere waitingforAOS mentioned about three letters from neighbours, friends to prove the marrige is geniue, I didn't see anything about this on the interview notice. Is this just extra document you prepared or this is required by INS? Thank you very much for your help in advince!