Anyonw waiting for 485 approval in Atlanta

A little hope

Hello everyone,
I just found this post, and wanted to let everyone know that you guys are giving little hope now. My case was filled in TSC as Employment Base and was transferred to Atlanta on June 23, 04. A friend have told that it will take around a month for the transfer. Is that true? I hope my interview will be scheduled very soon. Here's my stats:

RD: 04/29/02
ND: 04/30/02
FD: 04/16/03
RFE: 06/28/04
RFE ACK: 07/14/04
TD: 06/23/04

Thanks for all of you that are contributing to this board.

Hello Stillwaiting02,

This thread is mainly family based one. I think i am the only one employment based here. My attorney sent my application to local office in Atlanta instead of sending it to service center. I think mine will be processed along with family based applications. There is good thread for who got transfered to Atlanta, that thread will be more helpful to you. Here is the thread
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=78950
Once you get the interview letter please post it here also. All the best to you and hope you will get the approval soon.

Hello everybody,

I saw this post on other thread. Some what good news.

Atlanta Processing Dec 2001 cases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just came bcak fromot ATL office. Got my IEAD ( Valid for 1 yr) and got to see the processing times (Says Dec 2001) also confirmed with the clerk.

I filed a family based AOS case at ATL office in 2/02. I am getting my FP today and have my AOS interview on 8/17. They did not send me anything until last month when both notices came about 3-4 days apart. Hope this helps.

SAme here, I had my AOS today, but, I went in last friday and got it done, I have my interview on 17th AUG as well with officer D at 10:30. I also got the notices 3-4 days apart. What time is your interview?

waitingto said:
waitingAOS, You have another supprise for us!!! Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you and also hope that we will get some news soon and share your happyness!!!

May I ask a question how long have you been married? I just want to see if this relate to the interview checklist. Do they interview every one who applied on the marrige base? Thank you very much!

WAITINGTo: Sorry, I had not seen this earlier, we got married in 2001. Mostly all are interviewed, but, I have heard lately that Kentucky Office is waiving it off in very few cases.

Thank you very much for your infor, waitingAOS. Hope to hear your good news soon, waitingAOS!

Also thanks for Duke's infor about processing date.

Just saw BCIS site. They have updated the dates, they are processing December 5, 2001 cases. So now it is official. Hope they will keep same momentum.

Any New Interview updates

Any new interview date updates for ATL office.

------------------------------------------------------------
EB
PD 10/2000
RD 08/2002
TD 01/2004
ID God Knows :confused:

I am not sure Chintu, we are April, 2002 filers, still waiting. Some of Feb, Mar
2002 people got interview letters. I think tomorrow "WaitingforAOS11" and "Wiily Marker" has interview. I wish both of you Good look for the interview.

Dukhi485filer said:
I am not sure Chintu, we are April, 2002 filers, still waiting. Some of Feb, Mar
2002 people got interview letters. I think tomorrow "WaitingforAOS11" and "Wiily Marker" has interview. I wish both of you Good look for the interview.

Thanks for the wishes DUKHI. I will keep you guys updated.

Atlanta Processing Dates update

I made an address change at the ATL office last week and I received a confirmation letter today .
The letter also says that ATL office is currently processing JAN 02 cases.

-----------------------------------------------------------
RD 08/02
TD 01/04
ID ??

I got my stamp today, just came back.....

Dukhi, Lucy and all, thanks to all of you, here is what happened.

I had my AOS interview today at the Atlanta office, receipt date Mar 13 '02.

It was a breeze, interview was scheduled at 10:30 am, we reached at 9:00 am.

Had to wait till 11:20 am or so, I thought they must be finding my file or something. Finally, we were called by ELANOR F. (IIO).

It lasted for only 10-15 mins, she called us in saying I am going to be interviewing you for your AOS.

Asked for my Passport and EAD card. Then she asked for my Birth Cert. My wifey also gave her originals, but, she kept only my copies.

Then she asked for last 3 years Tax returns, we had a new 864 as initially we had a joint sponsor as wifey was not working then. We mentioned the same, she did not even look at them, just punched her paper work and put them in her folder.

No further questions asked, she just arranged all her paperwork, asked where was my lawyer. We mentioned that he had told us that his presence was not needed, she just made me sign a waiver.

Then, she stamped my passport and told me congatulations, now you are a PR, took my I94 and EAD and sais now you can use this stamp to work and exit. This is good for a year, your actual card will arrive in 8 months max, if not, please follow-up.

She did not need to see our marriage cert, pics, joint lease, joint home-owner, accounts, nothing. We had taken a big bunch of three folders, but, she did not ask for anything.

Atlanta office was really really cool, the officer was not real friendly, but, not rude either. In fact, she was really polite and nice.

Thanks to this forum, a big thanks to all of you here. All you ATLANTA folks, have patience and wait. Keep on following up and if you get your FP notice, be prepared to get the Interview letter within a week. And yes, though, my letter was sent to my new address, on my file folder with her, the lady had my old address as she asked me are you still in Dunwoody? I made sure that she has my updated address and remind them to take your pictures for your card for you.

DUKHI: PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR UPDATES.

LUCY: I WILL BE POSTING MY EXPERIENCE ON KAMYA.COM AS WELL.

Thanks to all you guys. :) :)

Heartly Congratulations!! Very happy to see your approval. Thank you so much for quick and prompt update.Please keep visiting whenever you find free time.

Thanks Chintu for sharing the information about procesing time.

Bonnieman,
Willy Marker has posted his experience on the other thread. Thread is
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=139693

Here it goes:

Willy Marker
AOS interview experience at Atlanta office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my AOS interview at Atlanta local office on 8/17/04. I thought I could share my experience with anyone awaiting interview. My appointment was at 9:30 AM and I arrived around 8:30 AM and sat in the waiting room. I was called for interview for about 10 minutes earlier than my scheduled interview. The interviewer did not ask too many questions. She only asked my how long was I married. There was a lot of emphasis on documents, especially the affidavit of support. She wanted my tax returns, W-2 from last three years. She also asked for the same documents from my sponsor. She also asked us for documents supporting a bonafide marriage (other than the marriage certificate). We showed her our appartment lease, joint bank account statements, health insurance cards and car insurance cards. She arranged all these documents in my file and stamped my passport. She told me that I'll get my plastic card in 8-12 months.

Hope this helps.

Question: Does anyone have any idea how long it really takes to get the plastic card from the date of interview. Most people have told me that it takes less than what I have been told. Any exeperiences?

Applied (spouse sponsored) at ATL office 2/02
Got EAD 3/02
Receipt Notice 5/02
FP notice 7/04
AOS interview notice 7/04
AOS interview 8/17/04.

Hi All,

I got my FP notification and I am scheduled to Sep 2. I am very happy about it. Thanks God!!! It finally came! BTW, my application recipte dated Apr 5, 02.

Hope you guys get notified soon!

waitingto