Anyone with a name check pengind for 1.5 year?

Candie,
I agree with your observation. Same thing happened in my case. My wife's name check is completed long time ago. Looks like we fit some "suspicious pattern"...
they may have some criteria..like asian, male, age 20-40..check thoroughly.

wouldn't it be reasonable to exclude from this pattern those who already live in the USA for more than 10 years?
i'm here since 1995

candie said:
My name check has also pending since September 2003 (16 months so far), it is still pending. However, my wife's case was completed in about 4 months. I will see a few other cases that stuck in husband's case while wife's case done.

Besides, I am also from China, I think FBI is very confusing about some names from asia contries.

Here is the reply I got from FBI some times back.

Dear xxx:

This is in reference to your facsimile received on June 6, 2004, concerning the immigration status of you and your wife, XXX. We received a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you in September 2003, and it is still currently pending. I am sorry we are unable to be of more assistance at this time. However, the FBI completed a record check for XXX on January 28, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS.

Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy

candie,
when did you send the fax? I think they have stopped responding to fax or are they? they ask to send only emails, which I have sent so many without any response.
So your wife got her 485 approved, or she is waiting because yours is not approved?

Does case get assigned if it is stuck in name check

Does the case get assigned to an officer if it is stuck in some sort of name/security check.

Reason I asked this is, my case was assigned to an officer some 1 month ago and I haven't heard anything.

desi145 said:
Candie,
I agree with your observation. Same thing happened in my case. My wife's name check is completed long time ago. Looks like we fit some "suspicious pattern"...
they may have some criteria..like asian, male, age 20-40..check thoroughly.

I am female. My name check is stucked too.

california_gc said:
Does the case get assigned to an officer if it is stuck in some sort of name/security check.

Reason I asked this is, my case was assigned to an officer some 1 month ago and I haven't heard anything.

Even if it is assigned to an Officer it does not matter.they will not approve it untill the name check is cleared.
Im also stuck in this stupid name check...........................

stuck at name check too

I was stuck at name check too. My I485 was received 2.5 years ago! I am only awaiting awaiting. There is not a positive reply from USCIS.

It is too sad for me during my applications for GC. Because of afraid of any trouble to leave and enter US without GC, I even don't visit my parent in the past four years!

I140 AD: July, 2002
I485 RD: Aug. 2002
1st FP: Sept. 2002
2nd FP: Aug. 2004
........???

my 485 was filed in March 2001 and got transfered from NSC to St. Louis office. Had 2nd fingerprint done on November 16, 2004, interviewed on January 07, 2005 and not approved since name check pending. Emailed FBI but not sure when will they respond.

I also got the "love letter" from FBI office in response to my FOIPA request, which says "NO RECORDS" found as expected.
Any suggestions whether I should be talking to congressman or talk to CSC via attorney?

I didn't want to disappoint you. But No Records doesn't mean anything. They do more checks than that. I was in the same situation. I contacted congressman, senator. Nobody could really help me. Fortunately my name got cleared six months later. My 485 got approved two weeks after USCIS received the results from FBI.

desi145 said:
I also got the "love letter" from FBI office in response to my FOIPA request, which says "NO RECORDS" found as expected.
Any suggestions whether I should be talking to congressman or talk to CSC via attorney?

anyone have any idea as howlong the FBI takes to respond to emails. It won't make nay difference but receiving something will be soothing :)

Johar Ali,
I called FBI last week, and they said that they were working on oct 14th cases. so 2 months backlog in responding your email.

Iamconfused,
thanks for ur response. unfortunately,I will also have to follow "wait & watch" game.

the date u mentioned refers to...?

desi145 said:
Johar Ali,
I called FBI last week, and they said that they were working on oct 14th cases. so 2 months backlog in responding your email.

Iamconfused,
thanks for ur response. unfortunately,I will also have to follow "wait & watch" game.

Hi desi145,
what number did u use to call FBI? Does the "oct 14th cases" refer to I485 cases with RD oct. 14 th? or it is the initiating date for the name check? Please give us some details and ur help will be highly appreciated. Thanks again.

desi145 -

how did you count that you got 2 months delay?
it is 3 months and 3 days between october 14 and january 17!

How would you know about name check

All

MAy be a very basic question, but do we need to initiate anything related to name check. My RD for 140+485 is Apr 23, 2004 in EB2 category. I don't have info regarding name check yet. My FP was done in June, 2004.

Please let me know.

Thanks

I feel something must be done about this name check delay issue.

My take on this is that we should be clever in how we bring this issue to the senators/comgressmens attention. If we simply say our cases are getting delayed due to this, they may not put it as a high priority item. But if we also tell them that this could be a security risk issue for the US, because if name check is not done immidiatly, the wrong persons can claim immigration benefits like EAD/AP and can continue to stay in the US, thus compromising security, they will listen. We can add, It is imperitive that these people be weeded out right at the start and therefore it is important that name check be coordinated much closely and it must be ensured that it is done as quickly as possible.

After all, which politician doesnot like being viewed as being geniunly worried, and taking action in the interest of national security ? We can make this issue into something they will like to treat as highest priority !!

This will ensure that the correct people don't have to wait forever, while the ones that are 'not so correct' are weeded out right at the beginning.

sertra2002: You are absolutely correct. I have a post on this issue in another forum and have pointed out problems wiht delayed name check not for th eapplicant but for the FBI and benefits for the bad guys. Delaying the name check does not only give the immigration benefits but provide enought time to plan and excute and also have enough time to leave the country.

Johar Ali said:
sertra2002: You are absolutely correct. I have a post on this issue in another forum and have pointed out problems wiht delayed name check not for th eapplicant but for the FBI and benefits for the bad guys. Delaying the name check does not only give the immigration benefits but provide enought time to plan and excute and also have enough time to leave the country.

And you are also correct. Its also time people whose name checks are pending started using the security threat risk angle to make this come to the top of the priority list of politicians.

Bottomline is to make the poiliticians aware that this is an issue and something must be done about it. Its ridiculus how ppl have to wait months, even years for name check to clear. There have also been cases where USCIS is waiting for the result, whereas the FBI says they never received the request. The applicants in such situation are left high and dry and there is not much they can do.

serta2002: I fully understand your concern regarding a lost request or missplaced request. One can hang in there for years.