Anyone with a name check pengind for 1.5 year?

and what then?

case can sit with adjudicator for years. I got a letter on May 12, 2004 saying 'your case is with adjudicator, you may not hear about your case for another 45 - 60 days"

it is 167 days today and still nothing

Dima,

It is very unusual. Keep calling CSC emergency line- you have every right to do this in your situation (in my experience I got more help from female staffers there than from a male speaking with Indian/Paki accent). Contact Senator's offices- just write a polite and clear letter expalining why you are in a unique situation (i.e. why do you need help).
If you and members of your family have name check clearance then probably the only reason could be that the CSC is very uneffective in scheduling second FP in situations like yours. Keep bugging them.

uscis told my lawyer that i am in security check stage.
is this the same as name check?
i spoke to my lawyer after reading this thread. she said
that there are finger print checks done by fbi, and the
security check done by other agencies one of which is
the cia.. and that there is no way to get any more
info or to contact the cia in this case...
i would appreciate it if anyone could share their experiences
here...
thanks, and best of luck vitaly...

blade_runner said:
uscis told my lawyer that i am in security check stage.
is this the same as name check?
i spoke to my lawyer after reading this thread. she said
that there are finger print checks done by fbi, and the
security check done by other agencies one of which is
the cia.. and that there is no way to get any more
info or to contact the cia in this case...
i would appreciate it if anyone could share their experiences
here...
thanks, and best of luck vitaly...

I also heard about CIA, etc, but of all cases that i know from this forum that were stuck because of the security check the hurdle was the FBI name check (i.e. once the FBi name check was cleared these cases moved forward)> I would worry about CIA etc, IF your FBI name check is completed according to the FBI AND one month later CIS still telling you about security clearance...

name check pending > 1.5 years

Wac 02-241. Learned from CSC that my name check has been
pending since March 2003.

How many of people are on the same boat? Can we group
together and file a law suit againt FBI.

now it is my turn to learn that my case is sitting at FBI. My lawyer got a response that "the case is undergoing detailed review"

I sent fax to FBI and email.

Vitaliy, the email address you mentioned doesn't look working. I got a message that mail is not delivered.

Vitaliy, can you share with us in detail how do you get Congressman/senator's help in clearing up the name check?
If you prefer, I can contact you through email.

WAC02-241, FBI name check pending since March 16, 2003. Receive letter
from USCIS that my case " is currently pending compleitoin of necessary
system checls related to the adjustication of this case". It futher
stated that "the checks could contiune in excess of at least 120 day",
and asked me to shut up for at least another 120 day.

Dima, in my case both Boxer's and Feinstein's offices tried to help. May be you can contact them. You can read my story in August 2004 posts (just make a search on my posts). Rahul Kumar's posting is very useful too.

Good luck. everything (probably) will be fine. If there is nothing wrong with you, the possible reason for the delay is that you share a name with some former soviet spy or something of this sort (I am pretty sure that FBI has a huge databse since the cold war days).The problem is that such cases have a very low priority... So far I have not seen examples when people got denied green cards because of the FBI, but I am aware of many cases when people waited up to 2 years for the clearance.

Thanks, fine&jadwin,

I already contacted Feinstein's office. I can't ask for much help from them until I get any response from FBI. The response from CSC was that the case in undergoing detailed review. So, until FBI confirms that the case is pending name check, senator has no reason to contact FBI.

I remember all your posts in last several months. Many of them are quite helpful.

I still don't know if my e-mail reached FBI or not. I got a "mail delivery subsystem message" that it was not delivered after waiting 4 hours. It says that it will try to deliver until the mail is 5 days old, but I have no idea if it is going to notify me about the final stutus - delivered or not?

Its my turn to say that Im also stuck in name check .
I did fax inquiry to fbi but no response yet.

---------------------------------------
wac 02080 XXXXX
ND jan 2002

TensedAlways said:
Its my turn to say that Im also stuck in name check .
I did fax inquiry to fbi but no response yet.

---------------------------------------
wac 02080 XXXXX
ND jan 2002

How do you know that you are stuck in Name check?

Gurus - Any Emergency Line for NSC..?

CSC have Emergency line to check about Name check (?)...if there is any Emergency Line for NSC to check the Name check?

Hi ,
I am also stuck in name check as per call to emergecy line. This is so stupid!
Now you have to bug FBI with fax and email...They seems to be playing ping-pong!
Can someone provide me the FAX number and format of letter to ask FBI for the name check?

Thanks,
desi145
485 RD - 12/2003 - EB2

The format as requested by u . Its going to take 6 weeks for them to respond. With all the holidays around u can make an educated guess.

email id :fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

SUB:Name check status/expedite request

Sir/Madam,

My wife (derivative applicant) and self (primary applicant) have applied for our adjustment of status on the 20th dec 2002 . I understand that a name check is being carried out as part of the process by your office. I would appreciate if you can let me know if you have completed the checks for us .In case our name check is pending i would be grateful if you could expedite the same. I would like to thank your for your understanding in this regards. Our details are as follows

Self

Name: xxxxxxxxxxx

Alien #: xxxxxxx

DOB :xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email Id :

Spouse

Name : xxxxxxxxxxxx

Alien #:xxxxxxxxxx

DOB : xxxxxxxxxxxx

Email Id : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks once again for all your help

Warm regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Desi145,

Its 202-324-3367. I hear that they dont entertain faxes anymore and in u do fax it goes staright down to the trash bin/shredder. I however have also heard many people getting response to faxes a lot quicker than emails. 4weeks for faxes as against 6 weeks for email. Lets know how yours goes

Cheers

Tanjar

Thanks a lot tanjar,
I have already sent email yesterday and will send fax right now. will update the forum, if and when I hear something.

Regards,
desi145