Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Greenlife1,
Any update on your interview?!

NIW-WOM, Jefkorn, LazyCIS, Saral, Helphelp1, and other friends:
Can you believe it that 15 days after filing WOM, I got I-485 approval. Today, my wife and I went to local office. IO welcomed us at the gate of the building. Because he invited us by phone instead of sending letter, we did not have a appointment letter. So he helped us for entering building. The IO was extremely friendly and the interview went very smoothly. At the beginning, I saw my complaint of WOM in front of him. He said that "Did you take law classes? Your complaint is very well written. (Friends.. here, I shoul thank you all, because you encouraged me and helped me writing complaint.) It is understood that WOM worked.
After oath, he asked questions which were written at the I-485. IO was very gentle and polite. He made us comfortable by his conversation. He just asked EVL and some papers as evidence of marriage and living together such as bank account, tax return, utility bill. He also made an excuse for delay. Finally, he congratulate us and said that "you will receive your cards in ten days." He also stamped our passport with 551 (proof of GC).

Dear friend, I do not know how I should thank you for helping and encouraging me. I wish all who wait result of WOM or approval of case will get it soon.

Thank you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
NIW-WOM, Jefkorn, LazyCIS, Saral and other friends:
Can you believe it that 15 days after filing WOM, I got I-485 approval. Today, my wife and I went to local office. IO welcomed us at the gate of the building. Because he invited us by phone instead of sending letter, we did not have a appointment letter. So he helped us for entering building. The IO was extremely friendly and the interview went very smoothly. At the beginning, I saw my complaint of WOM in front of him. He said that "Did you take law classes? Your complaint is very well written. (Friends.. here, I shoul thank you all, because you encouraged me and helped me writing complaint.) It is understood that WOM worked.
After oath, he asked questions which were written at the I-485. IO was very gentle and polite. He made us comfortable by his conversation. He just asked EVL and some papers as evidence of marriage and living together such as bank account, tax return, utility bill. He also made an excuse for delay. Finally, he congratulate us and said that "you will receive your cards in ten days." He also stamped our passport with 551 (proof of GC).

Dear friend, I do not know how I should thank you for helping and encouraging me. I wish all who wait result of WOM or approval of case will get it soon.

Thank you again.

congrat green life

Dear Friends:
I received this e-mail this morning:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.
On August 6, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Congrats Greenlife1

Congrats Greenlife 1, your ordeal is over :).

Dear Friends:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On August 6, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

greenlife1,
Wow!! wonderful news! Made my day, now just wait for the plastic card in the mail, you will probably receive it in a week. Congratulations on your approval and live a 'greener" life :)
Dear Friends:

NIW-WOM, Jefkorn, LazyCIS, Saral, Helphelp1, and other friends:

Thank you again.

Greenlife1,

This was the best news I could hear yesterday. I am very happy for you and your wife. Congrats.....

I will go for interview on the week of August 17-21. I will update you on my case...

Keep us in your prayers....

How long to wait before filing WOM

I filed n-400 8 months ago I called them back in Feb 09 they said I was in the Q for intreview but then they removed me saying they still waiting on background check, then in april 09 they said everything is done and my file was transfere to the local office and i shoud recieve an intreview notice soon. I went the the locl office and told me to wait two months, two months passed, I contcted congressman and they told me the USCIS local office is waiting for further security/background check. I contacted USCIS and told me to wait SIX MONTHS!!!. I gave up in contacting them. I am wondering if I can file WOM now or when is a good time for it. any advice is appreciated. Thank you

Jamal, my case is just like yours. the USCUS even sent the FBI to my house to interview me, which is un usual. I had my inteview in March 9, tomorrow I am going for my last infopass and speak to them clearly, if no answer I will head to New Orleans Court to sue them. hope you do the same. let me know.

You can proceed with Wom without further delay.

Thank you lazycis for your input. shall I proceed even though the processing date in the field office is Sept 2008 and I field Dec 2008? I also heared it is a good idea to wait at least a year and a half before filing WOM

Thank you lazycis for your input. shall I proceed even though the processing date in the field office is Sept 2008 and I field Dec 2008? I also heared it is a good idea to wait at least a year and a half before filing WOM

When was the processing date posted? I bet it's 5/31/2009.
Also, it will take some time to prepare a complaint and to work out the logistics associated with Wom. Judging by the USCIS responses in your case, I am afraid Wom is the only way to avoid a prolonged delay. In general, 1 year wait is good enough for Wom, but there is no rule that can be applied to all cases. The longer you wait - the better your chance to win in court, but that's not your main goal, is it?

When was the processing date posted? I bet it's 5/31/2009.
Also, it will take some time to prepare a complaint and to work out the logistics associated with Wom. Judging by the USCIS responses in your case, I am afraid Wom is the only way to avoid a prolonged delay. In general, 1 year wait is good enough for Wom, but there is no rule that can be applied to all cases. The longer you wait - the better your chance to win in court, but that's not your main goal, is it?

The processing date was poste July 15th but it said that is based on May 31 2009. My goal is to get them moving, but I am also worried that USCIS would say " This case is still withing normal processing time" or the judge will say give them more time

Dear Friend,
Today, I received "Welcome Letter". Now, I am waiting the card and hoping that it will arrive in few days.
My questşon is that:
What should I do about my WOM now? Is there anything to do about the civil case? I mean that I want to learn whether my WOM is over because I recevied the approval of my status or I have to write a letter to the court showing that I want to quit the case. My Green card process is almost done, what should be the next course of action? Thank you so much.

hello guys i received the approval letter from the uscis chicago office but it says i will received the card in few months does not make sense to me few months or few weeks may be my n400 is pending post interview with no decision . but i have to say one thing WOM works thank god we have choice of mandamus to whip bureaucratic people to do theier job . god forbid if we did not had the choice of mandamus then everyone here would :confused::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:

Well guys,
I've made up my mind. I am going forward with the WOM. I am still gathering information associatied with the WOM. I will be meeting up with a lawyer next week just for advise because I will be filing Pro Se.
I will also be needing help from this forum as well. I will keep you updated on my progress.
Thanks again for everyone's time and Congrats greenlife1

Well guys,
I've made up my mind. I am going forward with the WOM. I am still gathering information associatied with the WOM. I will be meeting up with a lawyer next week just for advise because I will be filing Pro Se.
I will also be needing help from this forum as well. I will keep you updated on my progress.
Thanks again for everyone's time and Congrats greenlife1

Thank you Soul01. I wish and hope you will also received you approval soon.

Need your suggestion.

Gurus,

One my friend is waiting for his citizenship for more than 5 years.. Yes 5+ years I am not kidding:eek::eek:

He tried all sources that you guys suggested but no use and planning to go for WOM.

Do you guys suggest any good & experienced attorney???

Thanks in advance.