Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Hi, lazycis.

While researching the past posts on this thread, I found you mentioned that one could file a motion to expedite the appeal as it's a long process. Would you please provide more information on this and a sample if you have one available? Also, if the appeal is still pending while my PD becomes current, can I file the same WOM suit again at the same district court or a different one?

Thanks again!

Thank you greenlife1,
I do have a few questions. My I-130 is also pending. So should I include my wife in the WOM since she is the petitioner?
Does anyone know of a similar type mandamus case with pending I-130 and I-485 due to something ohter than name check?
(i thought that I've read somewhere that USCIS couldn't approve your I-485 with a pending I-130, is this correct?)
Since I am not really sure if my case is pending due to name check, should include the FBI as defendant?
Thanks

Writ of mandamus for delayed fiancee visa

Hi jefkorn and all the other members in this great forum, i filed a fiancee visa last march 18 2008, it has been almost 1 year and 5 months, and we have not received our approval notice,i have contacted everybody, but our case remain in security check, my attorney filed a writ of mandamus here in the southern district of florida on august 7 2009,my question is: How soon can my attorney contact the ausa, or does he has to wait for the ausa to contact my attorney first? I am currently here in the philippines with my fiancee as she just gave birth to our newborn baby. My attorney sent copies of the birth certificate of the baby that indicate that i am the father, i would like my attorney to contact the ausa as soon as possible so that we can get my fiancee her papers and bring them home with me. Thanks everybody

i need help

jefkorn, lazycis

Writ of mandamus for delayed fiancee visa
Hi jefkorn and all the other members in this great forum, i filed a fiancee visa last march 18 2008, it has been almost 1 year and 5 months, and we have not received our approval notice,i have contacted everybody, but our case remain in security check, my attorney filed a writ of mandamus here in the southern district of florida on august 7 2009,my question is: How soon can my attorney contact the ausa, or does he has to wait for the ausa to contact my attorney first? I am currently here in the philippines with my fiancee as she just gave birth to our newborn baby. My attorney sent copies of the birth certificate of the baby that indicate that i am the father, i would like my attorney to contact the ausa as soon as possible so that we can get my fiancee her papers and bring them home with me. Thanks everybody

Finally, I received my card.

Dear Friends,
Today, I received my green card. Then, I sent voluntary dismissal letter to the court. Thank you for your help again. With regards and my best wishes for all.

hi greelife good to hear that but my green card has not arrived my file is approved on july 21 and recd the approval letter from the district office but no card has arrived yet does anyone has this kind of situation and the letter says you will receive your green card within few months yes months i dont know why

Our interview today

Guys,
My wife and I had an interview in local office today. The officer asked a lot of questions, however, we felt it went well. It took about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

At the end I asked the officer when she is going to decide on our cases. She said today or tomorrow. She also said you will definitely get something in the mail before September 15, your mandamus deadline.

What does this mean? Why she did not decide today?
Is this normal?!

lazycis and other gurus,
I was granted asylum in 1999. I submitted I-485 in 2000. Because of the backlog, I was interviewed in 2004. The IO told me that she approved my application and I should expect a green card in a few months (green card had to be produced in another facility). I asked her for proof of approval or green card number. She said she didn't have anything for me, and I have to to just wait for the real GC in a few months.
I waited and waited but no GC. In 2008, I was called again for another interview. This time she (another officer) approved my green card again. I asked her about 2004 and she told me that she doesn't know what happened in 2004. I was happy because I was approved again, so I did not ask further questions. I recieved my green card and it says resident since feb/2007 (asylee green cards are backdated by one year.)
My question is, can I do something to backdate my green card to 2004 because I was approved at that time, that way I can apply to citizenship now instead of waiting 2-3 more years. I recently submitted FOIA to get copy of my A-file but I understand that takes awhile. Is there anything I should be doing now? Thanks everyone in advance.

Thank you Vorpal for your advice on the Walk-in fingerprint. I did a walk-in on August 5th.
2nd interview was done on August 12th

I received a call from US CIS today to come to local office and have a Citizenship Oath next week.

For all of you who's waiting, good luck and be persistent...

Thank you Vorpal for your advice on the Walk-in fingerprint. I did a walk-in on August 5th.
2nd interview was done on August 12th

I received a call from US CIS today to come to local office and have a Citizenship Oath next week.

For all of you who's waiting, good luck and be persistent...

Congratulations and good luck!

USCIS never ceased to amaze me! Just earlier this week, I saw on another immigration forum that two I-485 cases were approved (same visa category as mine) with PDs that are NOT current. In my case with the district court, they provided sworn statement that my case can't be adjudicated because PD is not current and thus no visa can be assigned. This is the sole reason my case got dismissed at the district court. Now they are just doing the opposite to their sworn declaration.

Lazycis (and others), any ways I can use this against them in the appeal court?

Thanks!

Hi, lazycis.

While researching the past posts on this thread, I found you mentioned that one could file a motion to expedite the appeal as it's a long process. Would you please provide more information on this and a sample if you have one available? Also, if the appeal is still pending while my PD becomes current, can I file the same WOM suit again at the same district court or a different one?

Thanks again!

Need US citizenship quickly

Hi,

I got my oath letter in Aug 2008 but I left to India in July 2008 because my father died and I have to take care of funeral processing and my mother. I asked my friend to return the original letter with cover letter explaining situation and asking 6months hold on my case. They put my case on hold. I came to US on March 2009 and changed my address from Los Angeles CA to Cincy OH. They sent address change letter in April 2009. On April 28th 2009 they sent certified mail "montion to reopen my case" which was returned by USPS to USCIS without informing me. I was waiting and calling 1800 number and going local USCIS office in Cincy OH, they are asking to wait. In june 1st week I got certified mail saying my case was denied because I failed to repond. I went to Cincy OH office, the clerk went and talked to supervisor and requested my file transfer to Cincy OH office. I though it is easy to deal with local people rather than going to LA CA. After coming my file in June end they told you missed several times there is no hope to get your citizenship so either you have to reapply or re-open by paying $605.00. I dicied to re-open and next day Saturday filed by USPS. Monday morning she called me and they are going to process my application because of service error. Supervisor look at it and dicide to approve or deny. I though it is good situation. But they didnot even look at my file till Aug 18th. I went several times but they were giving different reasons. Finally on Aug 18th clerk was feel guilty of say different reason so Asked me to write a letter to expedite the process, so she can talk to supervisor and move my file faster. I did. She called me on 20th Aug and said she is approved my case to re-open but it is going to take two months(some time in October I might get oath). I have to move back to India due to family problems (it is mandatory) so I want to get it done in September. How and what can I say to USCIS so that they can conduct oath in Sept 2009? This is very very improtant to me. I would really appreciate your quick reponse.

How to push USCIS to get my oath letter quickly

I have to leave to India in Oct 2009 (family urgency - mandatory). When I asked they said they don't have slots so they can conduct in October. Can I write them saying I got a project in India so that I need to go to India in October. I want to get it done in sept before moving overseas. Is it a good reason to move my file faster? Otherwise what is the best reason so that I can get oath in Sept?

I really appreciate your reply.

Hi dear Lasycis and the others,
I got alot of info for my husband wom and he became citizen after that. Now I am in USA (k3 visa), I will have interview 24 Sep for Green card.we moved to another state, then my husband didnt have job for 4 months. He will start his job in Sep.4 , He has his tax payment for last 3 years. They asked to bring job payment for last 2 months for interview, I am so confused if it will be a problem for us or no. If someone has info about it I really apreciate it.

Hi, lazycis

Hi, lazycis. I sent you an email and a message here. Let me know if you got it. Thanks. :)

Hi, lazycis. Thanks for your reply last week. I sent you an email last weekend and a PM here today. Can you please check? Thanks! :)

After 2 years and 10 months of painful wait, my I-485 case got approved on the 56th day of USCIS 60 day deadline. USCIS asked my wife to submit certificate of good conduct, since her latest fingerprint was not readable. They have till 10/15/2009 to decide on my wife's case....

Guys, I only have four words of advice for you..."Don't wait, File WOM"....

USCIS tried to put pressure on us by inviting us for interview twice during this 60-day period, however, finally they approved my case on 9/11/2009. This WOM is a magic....

Again guys, I only have four words of advice for you..."Don't wait, File WOM"....

I wish you all the best.... Thanks a lot to each and everyone of you for your help and best wishes.... God bless you and god bless the Justice Department of this amazing country....

I finally received my OL on Sept 27. After three yaers of fight and fed law suit. Please read all my posts under my handle name and comment.