Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Syt,

I don't know the exact cost yet, but of all the lawyers I talked to the impression I am getting is $4000-$6000.

Sakun

query11,

I have also heard good things about quanlaw. A friend of mine had his green card application handled by Perez himself, when the law firm was much smaller.

After Quan became a councilman it seems the firm has really exploded in size.

I was also told unless Bryan Bates and not any other junior lawyer handles your lawsuit, its better to avoid them.

The one with the most experience and who everyone has good things to say about is Peter Williamson - 713-751-0222.

sakun

buggin, said904, and sakun

I just called Justin X. Wang (415) 576-9923. He charges US$ 3,500 + filing fee US$400. However, he said that it is too early for me to start with lawsuit. He asked me to call him after 120 days after interview. That is 08/11/2006. The chance to win this case of 1447(b) petition is 100%. I just can't wait to sue USCIS. Thansk a lot for providing me this information.

said904 said:
hello everybody

iam done writing the claimand iam ready to file, i called the clerck yesterday to ask about summons and he suggest i sign a waiver to give defendants 60 days to reply.

any one know anything about that, please advice

thanks
said904,

What district did you file in? The advice you got is very confusing. :confused:
I am in Northern CA and I just read the Pro Se handbook. It says that you can get the defendants to sign a "waiver of service." So that you won't have to serve them by hand but by mail. Since the U.S. government agencies can be served by mail already, this doesn't really apply to us.
I don't think you should sign anything that will give the defendants the right not to answer to your complaint within 60 days.
You might want to check your court's local rules as well Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.

Good luck.
------------------------
4/16/05 - N-400 receipt date
8/4/05 - Fingerprinting date
10/5/05 - Interview date (passed; pending the FBI background check)
3/1/06 - 1st Status letter from USCIS: pending FBI background check
4/20/06 - Contacted Congresswoman's office (response: "You misunderstood the 120-day rule. FBI can take as much time as they want to do the background investigation.")
5/8/06 - 2nd Status letter from USCIS: pending FBI background check
5/22/06 - Sent an FOIPA case status request to the FBI
Present - Preparing my 1447(b) Petition

syt said:
buggin, said904, and sakun

I just called Justin X. Wang (415) 576-9923. He charges US$ 3,500 + filing fee US$400. However, he said that it is too early for me to start with lawsuit. He asked me to call him after 120 days after interview. That is 08/11/2006. The chance to win this case of 1447(b) petition is 100%. I just can't wait to sue USCIS. Thansk a lot for providing me this information.
syt,

The fee seems to be the lowest I've heard of so far.
The lawyer is also right about the timing. You can file only after 120 days from the date of your interview. I've been waiting almost 8 months and am ready to file my lawsuit. My goal is to file on June 5, 2006.

Let us know how it will go.
------------------------
4/20/06 - Contacted Congresswoman's office (response: "You misunderstood the 120-day rule. FBI can take as much time as they want to do the background investigation.")

Balto and Gzmbk1,

I am also in Maryland and finally decided to file 1447(b). I will just start working on my petition. Could you share ane of your documents filed by email, that will help me to avoid mistakes. I asume you have done it prose. If you used lawyers in our area could you recomend?

Thank you

mohamedmohamed said:
these document contain the address any one need to serve, excluding the local address.
we probably should make a list of most fruently asked documents, and keep some where easily accessed by everyone.

I'm getting kinda tired of people who are too lazy to read through this thread. I'm sorry, I try to be helpful, but a few weeks ago I read through all 110 pages at that time - then I started asking a few questions. Is that really too much to ask?? :mad:

lt1GM said:
I'm getting kinda tired of people who are too lazy to read through this thread. I'm sorry, I try to be helpful, but a few weeks ago I read through all 110 pages at that time - then I started asking a few questions. Is that really too much to ask?? :mad:
wel, i can tell that about 95% of the questions being asked here are repetation of something that have been already asnwered, and the answer exisit here somewhere.
but the truth is that peopel are different in how time and effort they want to give to tis, and how valuable it is for them to to save themselves and others the unecessary reashearch, and reply.
personally i like everyone to fair to everyone else, and try to finndout whatever information they want, if ti is here before asking question, but the truth of the matter is thatw e all new to this, and we are excited, and scared and worried,dont where to start, and simply comfused and want to know what we want to the shortest and the easiest way possible, so often time, i feel like it is just easier to answer the question, isntead of refering some one to where the answer is.
it is a huge steps to understand that you can ginght the governement, and you ask for your rights by laws, and whats bigger is learning correctly how to do that, yes it is impossible, a lot have done it, we see them here everyday, and read their stories, and feel their sorrow, and share their joy, afetr they prevail.
wit all this im mind, i can see how some one would miss some thing, beside when i starte dhere , these thread was only 50 pages, now it is what 2, 3 times that.

mohamedmohamed said:
wel, i can tell that about 95% of the questions being asked here are repetation of something that have been already asnwered, and the answer exisit here somewhere.
but the truth is that peopel are different in how time and effort they want to give to tis, and how valuable it is for them to to save themselves and others the unecessary reashearch, and reply.
personally i like everyone to fair to everyone else, and try to finndout whatever information they want, if ti is here before asking question, but the truth of the matter is thatw e all new to this, and we are excited, and scared and worried,dont where to start, and simply comfused and want to know what we want to the shortest and the easiest way possible, so often time, i feel like it is just easier to answer the question, isntead of refering some one to where the answer is.
it is a huge steps to understand that you can ginght the governement, and you ask for your rights by laws, and whats bigger is learning correctly how to do that, yes it is notimpossible, a lot have done it, we see them here everyday, and read their stories, and feel their sorrow, and share their joy, afetr they prevail.
wit all this im mind, i can see how some one would miss some thing, beside when i starte dhere , these thread was only 50 pages, now it is what 2, 3 times that.
sorry for the mistake, it is corrected here in red

lt1GM said:
I absolutely agree.
I diligently read through this thread for a few weeks, downloading all the attachments, saving posts that I believed would help me to prepare for the lawsuit. I also read through the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Local Court Rules, and the Pro Se Handbook. Anybody can do this.
Now I feel that I have all the information I need.
Thank you everybody for this great thread.
------------------------

I am totally with you, man!

lt1GM said:
Every time I see something like that, angry is an understatement, but I managed to direct that anger towards those who deserve it, namely USCIS, and just ignore those who are just too lazy to do their own homework. Then one day, there was a cry that this forum is not helping the new members, I almost replied to that with "WTF are you talking about", but I did not. The truth is for all the website that I visit, I almost NEVER participate, just passively reading, this is the ONLY one that I jump in once in a while and try to help whenever I can, for I have learned so much by reading this thread and I feel obligated to give back to this community. So people, stop irratating others, do your homework first, if you can't read all the 160 pages, at least read the FIRST post by Publicus and his attachments, that should answer 95% of your questions. If that is still too much to ask, you don't deserve to be here! Sorry about my bluntness.

Regards,

Balto

mohamedmohamed said:
personally i like everyone to fair to everyone else, and try to finndout whatever information they want,
I agree with you on this. That is why, I am willing to answer questions to the best of my ability and provide my support and encouragement.
Yes, this thread is getting very long and it is not as easy to navigate through it. My recommendation is to read it all the way from page 1 and save everything that may be related to your case. That is what I did..
------------------------

To FedoraCore about Interested Parties

FedoraCore said:
does anyone know what a Certificate of interested parties means??
Thx

Certificate of interested parties is a form you have to fill out when submitting your complaint to the court. In it, you name all the defendants and plaintiffs. It is basically for the judge to know who is involved in this case. It was a part of the Pro Se package in my District (LA, CA).

Whoa, my WoM for i-485 went to the clerk today! Said to wait for the judge answer next week. Hardly can wait. Whoa, suing FBI and USCIS!!! :D

Thanks, guys!

Good job and good luck!

ls691035 said:
Whoa, my WoM for i-485 went to the clerk today! Said to wait for the judge answer next week. Hardly can wait. Whoa, suing FBI and USCIS!!! :D

Thanks, guys!
Congratulations on going ahead with your WOM.
Please keep us updated on the progress of your case so that we all can learn from your experience.
------------------------

Petition

The Sweilem case that is cited in many of the responses (against DA's motion to dismiss on jurisdiction related issues) under 8 USC 1444(b) is interestingly a petition involving multiple individuals. I do not have the opinion of the court - the Pacer simply has too many documents. Does any one know how to look for simply the court opinion? What might that be called in Pacer?

buggin said:
Congratulations on going ahead with your WOM.
Please keep us updated on the progress of your case so that we all can learn from your experience.

Thanks and sure, bud! So far the timeline is

i-485 - feb. 2005
since jan. 2006 - inquiry, inquiry, infopass, inquiry, ombudsman, infopass,
*namecheck pending since feb. 2005, nothing can be done*
may 15 - decided on WOM
may 17 - came to this tread, read, read, print, print
may 24 - write WOM
may 25 - stamped in the court

Лучше быть в шоке от услышанного, чем в жопе от происходящего. :D

- it's... better be shocked by what you'll hear, than be stuck in an ass by what's going on

Hi,

This is a wonderful place for all of name check pending waiters. I have kept reading this thread since the first day I got my n400 name check pending. I think everyone has the same feeling on his/her pending case. Let's help each other instead of complain others. No question is stupid. Ask question and get answer immediately. That is what we need in this thread. Getting an answer from 162 page is not easy. May God bless all of us to win this battle from USCIS. We are deserved to win our US citizenship with honor. Be kind.

:)

ls691035 said:

Thanks, guys!

Congrats!!.Please keep us posted.I might do the same thing in another month.