Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Balto said:
Hi, sfaizullah,

I have yet to file the return of service -- of the 6 summons and complaints I mailed out on 5/17/06, I just received 2 return receipts as of 5/24/06.

I believe you file the original, but I am not sure, I will take copies as well as the original to the court when I file. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Balto.
P.S. Are you in Maryland as well?

I saw MohamedX2's answer to your Q as well, he maybe right since he has done it already.

BAlto I'm in Maryland as well.

I think I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm new to this forum and I've just filed my a lawsuit by mail with the US district court in Baltimore. My justification was the 1447(b).
I had my interview 2 years ago, and no oath letter.

Since you're ahead of me hopefully you don't mind me asking you a couple of questions here and there.

Regards

query11 said:
please go through this link....
also check the faq's thread(sticky) as i have the same link that way it remains a sticky...

this will answer every question...everything u wanna know as to how a io decides your case...
techenically every one in the country is reqred to refister for sss, even if they are here illagal

sakun said:
Hello Friends,

I just wanted to give some update on my meetings with different lawyers in Houston.

My timeline
Citizenship Application - Dec 2004
Fingerprinting - Feb 2005
Interview - Mar 2005
Name check still pending.

I just feel more comfortable going through a lawyer, just because my schedule is a killer and don't want to miss anything or make a mistake.

Over the last six weeks I have met over 5 lawyers and almost all of them had very discouraging words.
'Don't do it', 'Just wait it out', 'It might ruin your chances', 'INS doesnt like pople filing lawsuits'
It seemed some of them were just scared to file a case against the govt.

Yesterday I met a lawyer who had actually filed a case in Houston last year. His was approved before it even went to the court. As per him if you have applied for US CITIZENSHIP AND WAITING FOR NAME CHECK APPROVAL, THEN THE LAW IS 100% ON YOUR SIDE.

Also, federal courts are very different from state or district courts. THE JUDGE WONT LET THE GOVT. LAWYERS DELAY THE CASE. You just need to make sure all your paperwork is in order. Also the cases in federal court move at a fast pace so you or your lawyer will have to be on top of it all the time.

Anyways, I am scheduled to meet the another lawyer next week who has done a multiple cases like this. Hopefuly he will take my case and I will be able to file soon.

Will keep you posted.

Good Luck!

Hi Sakun,
I am also from Houston, be very careful with some of the lawyers here. I would advise you to check the pacer website for the Houston court and see if the lawyer really won these cases. I had a friend used a very prominent attorney Bruce Coane & Associates, Bruce Coane promised everything, he even said he won recent cases, charged $3500.00 to start, then billed hourly for every call or email to him, case is still pending going to trial and $9000.00 expense. He checked on pacer and the attorney only won one case for WOM.
Just be careful buddy, they say anything to get you to sign that agreement, then you are doomed. I should complete my WOM this week and filing next week.

USCIS Headquarter Address

Hello all,

anyone know what is the office mailing address for Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director of USCIS?

whom to serve, addresses

these document contain the address any one need to serve, excluding the local address.
we probably should make a list of most fruently asked documents, and keep some where easily accessed by everyone.

i am a houstonian too...only lawyer in houston i found worthwhile is
http://www.quanlaw.com/

you might find them expensive...but your case is in safe hands...they work for goodwill...
i have never heard a bad thing about them...
other good one is tht desi female lawyer..she is good too...
kenny485 said:
Hi Sakun,
I am also from Houston, be very careful with some of the lawyers here. I would advise you to check the pacer website for the Houston court and see if the lawyer really won these cases. I had a friend used a very prominent attorney Bruce Coane & Associates, Bruce Coane promised everything, he even said he won recent cases, charged $3500.00 to start, then billed hourly for every call or email to him, case is still pending going to trial and $9000.00 expense. He checked on pacer and the attorney only won one case for WOM.
Just be careful buddy, they say anything to get you to sign that agreement, then you are doomed. I should complete my WOM this week and filing next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
chck the link

http://www.sss.gov/MUST.HTM

WHO MUST REGISTER? - CHART
Does every young man have to register when he turns 18? Just about!

Almost all male U.S. citizens regardless of where they live, and male immigrant aliens residing in the U.S., are required to be registered with Selective Service if they are at least 18 years old but are not yet 26 years old. Men who are 26 years old and older are too old to register. Some requirements are shown below:

mohamedmohamed said:
techenically every one in the country is reqred to refister for sss, even if they are here illagal

gzmbk1, glad to share info

gzmbk1 said:
BAlto I'm in Maryland as well.

I think I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm new to this forum and I've just filed my a lawsuit by mail with the US district court in Baltimore. My justification was the 1447(b).
I had my interview 2 years ago, and no oath letter.

Since you're ahead of me hopefully you don't mind me asking you a couple of questions here and there.

Regards
Feel free to drop me a line, I am also in the learning process, so let's help each other. This is what this forum is all about. Not many people from MD here, or at least not many are talking :D

There is only one known successful case in MD, his user name is marylander, filed around 12/27/05, oath 4/14/06. Let's keep each other posted for the progress so we will have some idea about how things going in MD. My time line is in my signature, I recommend that you add yours to the signature as well :)

Good luck to all of us in this dreadful journey.

Balto.

The message before this was that they reponsed to my inquiry in February 2006. My case has been pending since march 2003. I filed WOM in early April this year, and the US attorny is supposed to file an answer by mid June. So I guess they are working on my case? I hope this is real.

Eastbayer said:
The language is similar to mine, which has not changed for 2 years. Mine is an N-400 case, and it is almost 2x360 days old.

Don't worry too much about it. Nevertheless, it is USCIS. It does everything in its UNIQUE way.

sfaizullah: Original documents are needed

When I called the Court, they specifically mentioned that they need the original documents for certificate of service.

Balto said:
Hi, sfaizullah,

I have yet to file the return of service -- of the 6 summons and complaints I mailed out on 5/17/06, I just received 2 return receipts as of 5/24/06.

I believe you file the original, but I am not sure, I will take copies as well as the original to the court when I file. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Balto.
P.S. Are you in Maryland as well?

I saw MohamedX2's answer to your Q as well, he maybe right since he has done it already.

filing certificate of receipt in NJ

i have lwayers do it in NJ too, the attached document, on page 11/38 you can see a certificate of service being filed by this attorney, unles sif they dont accept that from the pro se filer, thatw ould be another issue

Where did you file? Did they ask you to do new FP?

pharmboy said:
The message before this was that they reponsed to my inquiry in February 2006. My case has been pending since march 2003. I filed WOM in early April this year, and the US attorny is supposed to file an answer by mid June. So I guess they are working on my case? I hope this is real.

They should be working on your case. And this seems to be the only way to get them to work.

Good luck

I did 2nd FP last April. If USCIS can approve my case before mid July, I don't think i need do another FP.

Eastbayer said:
They should be working on your case. And this seems to be the only way to get them to work.

Good luck

Have you contacted the US Att. office yet?

pharmboy said:
I did 2nd FP last April. If USCIS can approve my case before mid July, I don't think i need do another FP.

Since you filed in early April, I think by now they should be able to tell you something about your case, ig if they had contacted FBI/USCIS etc, and which step they are at.

The paralegal who handles my case is pretty nice. She told me my nc is still pending, but she has been following up. She hopes we will not have to go very far, and promised to work with me in preparing documents for initial case management conference, as instructed by the judge. So I believe the US Att. and his people do not want to go to court either, and they are really doing their job to help out.