Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

here

AL11 said:
Thank you Mr LA,
I guess I was wrong as i did not see anywhere where it said that they can process a name check within 72 hours :confused:

AL11,
NO you are NOT wrong. Here we go, i hope this is help. :)

look at page 2

FYI: Mr Garrity now he is the FBI leader in Mississippi.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Bill

The difference between the house bill and senate bill. The house bill makes it retro-active. The senate bill doesn't, but the senate bill redefined the examination in which the USCIS will give you a notice when they think they finished your examination. so they let the USCIS dfines when the examination is done. So it is not good in either way. I am pretty amazed why legal immigrants who are highly educated, law abiding citizens get treated with no regard. You think there is a problem with name check now. Well wait till 25 million illegals and their families get on the wagon. but WOM is still an option, so nobody should worry about that.

boston_case said:
Here is the web site http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/legprocessflowchart.pdf

which tells how a Senate bill becomes a law. If we assume that Senate passes this bill on May 25th then there will be a process of appointing a Conference Committe. Then this should go in the House of Representatives and might go back and forth because of its emornous length and sensstivity. Then it goes to President for final signature.

I hope it takes enough time before all the people waiting to file a lawsuit could
do so.

What is your take Gurus...Suzy/BigK, Mohamed ? My belief is those who have
already filed should be all set.
like i said, the uscis have been trying to limit theextent of any judicial reviews of how they process the petions abd applications, i havent seen the details of the bill, but this much i know.
it should not effect the ones who have already filed, and it is probably gonna a while, may month, or months befor it is signed into a law, this bill is very controversial, and no one want to compramise on it

sfaizullah said:
Hi,
Do I send original or copies of certified mail receipts and also of the delivery confirmation card (return receipt) with Return of Service?

Best Regards
just copies, keep the orginals for your records

Not lazy, but careful

Balto said:
You said you would file on 5/15/06, but you delayed your filing by a week! You are acting like USCIS now, get your act together, will you?:D :D

Good luck, and I sure will ask about that $350 when I file my proof of service to the court, but I feel it's just a CA thing :mad:

Regards,

Balto

hello ....
Come on man, I had to ask lawyer to go through my paper, i want to do everything right.

I wish you the best and everyone here.....

Got a call from AUSA. She told me that she was holding a faxed copy of my oath letter. She said I should get it tomorrow or Friday. The oath is scheduled for next Friday, June 2nd.

She also asked me to dimiss the case after I get the letter. How pleasant has she become in the last 3 weeks. From "you know that they can deny your case too?" to "can you please dismiss your case?". It's a miracle! :)

What was the message before this?

pharmboy said:
I got two LUDs on the day before yesterday and yesterday. and the message changed to like "we received your I-485 application today and it usually takes 360-564 days to process kind of case, etc." Is it a good sign? I filed WOM on April 6 and then served summons to the defendants and local US attorney, the answer is due on June 13 from local US attorney.

The language is similar to mine, which has not changed for 2 years. Mine is an N-400 case, and it is almost 2x360 days old.

Don't worry too much about it. Nevertheless, it is USCIS. It does everything in its UNIQUE way.

Congratulations

RealSuperK said:
Got a call from AUSA. She told me that she was holding a faxed copy of my oath letter. She said I should get it tomorrow or Friday. The oath is scheduled for next Friday, June 2nd.

She also asked me to dimiss the case after I get the letter. How pleasant has she become in the last 3 weeks. From "you know that they can deny your case too?" to "can you please dismiss your case?". It's a miracle! :)

Congratulations man I’m happy for you :)

When you get your oath letter, please let me know how can I dismiss the case. I am flowing your steps.

oath dates:

http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/cacd/g...4e345f626837d38788256815005aa932?OpenDocument

cerificate of service( exemple)

please note in the last page of the attached document, how the attorney filed a certificate of rservice, and singed it, then he wont need to return any grean, or yellow ( or any other receipt of any color)receipt card to the court,it is what i strated to do, and i recommend it, and you can aleays keep your greed receipt in case some one tried to say they didnt get served

Mr LA said:
AL11,
NO you are NOT wrong. Here we go, i hope this is help. :)

look at page 2

FYI: Mr Garrity now he is the FBI leader in Mississippi.

Thanks a lot,
Unfortunately, this talks about name check for visa applicants, so I am not sure I can use this document in a WOM case for AOS :confused:

Just joint this thread. Is there anyone filing 1447b Pro Se in Oakland, CA. Please share your experience. Thanks a lot.

AL11 said:
Thanks a lot,
Unfortunately, this talks about name check for visa applicants, so I am not sure I can use this document in a WOM case for AOS :confused:
i think that is a good point, but at least both systems supposedly using the same principles and strategy, and probabply the same individuals too

talking to a lawyer in Houston

Hello Friends,

I just wanted to give some update on my meetings with different lawyers in Houston.

My timeline
Citizenship Application - Dec 2004
Fingerprinting - Feb 2005
Interview - Mar 2005
Name check still pending.

I just feel more comfortable going through a lawyer, just because my schedule is a killer and don't want to miss anything or make a mistake.

Over the last six weeks I have met over 5 lawyers and almost all of them had very discouraging words.
'Don't do it', 'Just wait it out', 'It might ruin your chances', 'INS doesnt like pople filing lawsuits'
It seemed some of them were just scared to file a case against the govt.

Yesterday I met a lawyer who had actually filed a case in Houston last year. His was approved before it even went to the court. As per him if you have applied for US CITIZENSHIP AND WAITING FOR NAME CHECK APPROVAL, THEN THE LAW IS 100% ON YOUR SIDE.

Also, federal courts are very different from state or district courts. THE JUDGE WONT LET THE GOVT. LAWYERS DELAY THE CASE. You just need to make sure all your paperwork is in order. Also the cases in federal court move at a fast pace so you or your lawyer will have to be on top of it all the time.

Anyways, I am scheduled to meet the another lawyer next week who has done a multiple cases like this. Hopefuly he will take my case and I will be able to file soon.

Will keep you posted.

Good Luck!

a must read!!!

please go through this link....
also check the faq's thread(sticky) as i have the same link that way it remains a sticky...

this will answer every question...everything u wanna know as to how a io decides your case...

Sakun,

I talked to couple lawyers in San Francisco Bay Area. But, no one would like to accept the case of 1447(b) complain. How much you need to pay to lawyer for this case?

New to this thread

Hi everyone,

I am a new forum member and have finally gotten to the last post of this great thread (took me about a month!). What a source of information! Wow! Everybody is doing such a great job researching and sharing valuable tips.

I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you and share my story.

4/16/05 - N-400 receipt date
8/4/05 - Fingerprinting date
10/5/05 - Interview date (passed; pending the FBI background check)
2/28/06 - Filed a status inquiry with USCIS
3/1/06 - Status letter from USCIS: pending FBI background check

Learned from my friend who filed his N-400 a couple of months after me that he already had his oath ceremony. Thank to him, I found this forum.

4/20/06 - Contacted Congresswoman's office (response: "You misunderstood the 120-day rule. FBI can take as much time as they want to do the background investigation.")
5/2/06 - Filed another inquiry with USCIS
5/8/06 - Status letter from USCIS: pending FBI background check
5/22/06 - Sent an FOIPA case status request to the FBI via certified mail
Present - Preparing my 1447(b) Petition and getting ready to file it with the District Court in San Francisco.

Thank you all for such an inspiration and encouragement. I will keep you all posted on the progress of my case.

hey rob:
I did pay for the $350 in Boston. She would not file it if I do not pay.
wang

rob waiter said:
wang,

did you pay $350 to the Boston court?
some people said 1447b is for free.

please advise
rob

sfaizullah, I replied your message and also post it here.

sfaizullah said:
Hi Balto,
Do I send original or copies of certified mail receipts and also of the delivery confirmation card (return receipt) with Return of Service?

Best Regards

Hi, sfaizullah,

I have yet to file the return of service -- of the 6 summons and complaints I mailed out on 5/17/06, I just received 2 return receipts as of 5/24/06.

I believe you file the original, but I am not sure, I will take copies as well as the original to the court when I file. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Balto.
P.S. Are you in Maryland as well?

I saw MohamedX2's answer to your Q as well, he maybe right since he has done it already.