Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Eastbayer said:
I just called this number (FBI customer service), trying to find out the status of my FP last week. Was told they are NOT supposed to release information to me; and was advised to contact USCIS directly. The lady did say FP results go back to USCIS the same day as they are taken.

To guys/gals out there: What was your experience?
yeah, that what they told me too.
appearently they only can give you you backfround, not the ame check

AL11 said:
few months ago I called 304 625 5590 I gave her my A# and she told me that my FP were send back to USCIS after 12 minutes from when they were received. Try again and talk to a different person I am sure they will give you the info.
the tryth is ,(and this what they told me also) the name check is handled by a different office, in DC, not the west verginia which only for the criminal investigation service, unless if they mean you criminal background, not your name check , when you spoke to them, so i think it does make sense that they dont have any information about your name check.
from regulatory aspects also, am sure if there is dome prohibit them from telling you wether or not they have finished it, am sure they do tell the congressmen/senators offices, but those still considered a governement.

AL11 said:
that is a great effort, unless something is done this is going to be an ongoing issue for all poor "legal" immigrants
if we are really serious about getting everyone attention, there only one thing can be done, forget about class action, forget about collecting signitures, and all that.
if we, and the one who sympathize with us, amreicans, and immigrants, can take a day off work, and marsh across the pansylvania avenue from one end to another, i bet you that will get the story all over, and give the issue, what it deserve.it didnt took the illegals immigrany any efforts to do it, they planed it fast, and done it succefully, but am sure we wont.

emachineman said:
Do anyone know how long the oath ceremony takes?
in hours i mean...i know its gonna be an estimate.
thanks
emachineman

Usually less than 1 hour. Your time, in and out depends on how many people are naturalized at the time. Some ceremonies are for just a few people, others, like mine for example, was for...5,000 people and I was on my way home in less than 2.5 hours.

backues said:
I had same problem. The destination post office will scan it when they deliver the letter then you will be able to see the record from their website.

I'm still worried though - over 2 weeks already. When I did FOIPA it didn't appear for 9-10 days, so I was expecting something similar, but not this long.

Filing FEE is $350 for 1447b and can be waived

lt1GM said:
Mr LA,

Can you please do us all a HUGE favor? :) Please call your clerk again and ask WHY there is no fee. I am convinced that since we are all filing in FEDERAL courts, the same rules should apply to all of them.

Please let us know, thanks very much in advance!

lt1GM and all other filers

lt1GM,

The filing fee for 1447b civil case is $350 as of April 9, 2006. It seems to me that California is the one state that caters to all immigrants (especially the illegals :eek: ). However if your income is low, you can always file Pauperis Affidavit to get the fee waived with the judge's approval.

Hpe this helps

mohamedmohamed said:
if we are really serious about getting everyone attention, there only one thing can be done, forget about class action, forget about collecting signitures, and all that.
if we, and the one who sympathize with us, amreicans, and immigrants, can take a day off work, and marsh across the pansylvania avenue from one end to another, i bet you that will get the story all over, and give the issue, what it deserve.it didnt took the illegals immigrany any efforts to do it, they planed it fast, and done it succefully, but am sure we wont.

I think this is a great idea ! I would like to participate and I probably will. I can offer some logistic support. PM me if you could, so I can give you more details

The DA has utill June 21st.

mohamedmohamed said:

Good idea mohammedx2, we can call it "A day without a LEGAL immigrant" :D

By the way guys, The judge granted the assistant DA 30 days extension for my case. The DA answer is due on July 21st so help me God.

Last edited by a moderator:
mechano said:
I think this is a great idea ! I would like to participate and I probably will. I can offer some logistic support. PM me if you could, so I can give you more details

Lou Dobbs can make our voice heard... do you guys consider contacting him?

Screaming_Eagle said:
Lou Dobbs can make our voice heard... do you guys consider contacting him?
the fact is lou doub, and everyone else int he m,edia, are only after things that make echo, and attarct the public.
a concern like ours, have to amke a powerful introduction to get that kind of start, and then may be some one in the media will consider giving it some air time, like 20/20 60/60/ or any othe rnational shouws

i mean there is about 140,000 permenet readers for this thread, if you find few thousands of them to fo with you, you will make an impact.

one more thing i should add, some like this need only an approval for the authority, and it is completly legal then, it is not like we have smuggle some on through the borders.

How did you find out there are 140,000 permanent readers? All threads or just this on

mohamedmohamed said:
i mean there is about 140,000 permenet readers for this thread, if you find few thousands of them to fo with you, you will make an impact.

it is the number of people who read the posts, if you track the post by some one name, any one , you, me , or any one you can see how many people have read tese post, this numbers are always moe than, 135,000

I-485 Approved same day lawsuit Filed

Hello everyone,
I am still not believing this.....I filed my complaint and mailed the defendants a copy and the exhibits around 3.00 am this morning in pittsburgh....Came back to my work-desk and strangely received a USCIS mail stating my case has been approved...i'm having mixed emotions since then.....not so much due to money spent on lawsuit filing or expense of i-131 travel document filed last week....but its been such an effort, i really dont feel as excited as i once was....thanks everyone so much for all the help....keep the good work Haddy, Mohamed, Publicus, etc....i need to file a motion to discharge my case later sometime....Yes, Haddy ur right....USCIS have lieing so much lately....hard to believe so suddenly case got approved....tomm new status response might pop in my email stating its a mistake..one week i will wait till passport stamping mail arrives before i file motion to discharge my case...

thanks
Shon

Last edited by a moderator:
falcyon said:
Hello everyone,
I am still not believing this.....I filed my complaint and mailed the defendants a copy and the exhibits around 3.00 am this morning in pittsburgh....Came back to my work-desk and strangely received a USCIS mail stating my case has been approved...i'm having mixed emotions since then.....not so much due to money spent on lawsuit filing or expense of i-131 travel document filed last week....but its been such an effort, i really dont feel as excited as i once was....thanks everyone so much for all the help....keep the good work Haddy, Mohamed, Publicus, etc....i need to file a motion to discharge my case later sometime....Yes, Haddy ur right....USCIS have lieing so much lately....hard to believe so suddenly case got approved....tomm new status response might pop in my email stating its a mistake..one week i will wait till passport stamping mail arrives before i file motion to discharge my case...

thanks
Shon
good luck

Mr LA said:
I will do that, BUT did u file under 1447b, and who did u sue ?

thanks

Thanks Mr LA! I filed under 1447(b), and I sued M. Chertoff (DHS), Robert Mueller (FBI), Director and District Director of USCIS. Hope this helps!

Screaming_Eagle said:
lt1GM,

The filing fee for 1447b civil case is $350 as of April 9, 2006. It seems to me that California is the one state that caters to all immigrants (especially the illegals :eek: ). However if your income is low, you can always file Pauperis Affidavit to get the fee waived with the judge's approval.

Hpe this helps

Screaming_Eagle, I know about In Forma Pauperis - and I filed on April 6 to save $100! I'm just curious since Mr LA's postings did not mention In Forma Pauperis but it seems there is no fee for some other reason, which is why I asked him to investigate further.

I figure since we're all filing in Federal District Courts, the rules should be the same no matter what state you're in. Who knows, maybe we'll find out we can all file for free or get our money back if we've already filed! Here's hoping... ;)

S2611 getting success in Senate

Below is the news I got from www.immigration-law.com

05/23/2006: Rising Hope of S. 2611 Passage in the Senate Thursday 05/25/2006

As opponents in the Senate admitted their defeat, the hope is rising that the bill may pass as early as day after tomorrow in the Senate. Please stay tuned.

So when should we expect is to happen ? If seems that every option for legal citizenship seeker is getting blocked.

My 121 st day happens on 8/15 (N400 Boston background check stuck)