Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Emilio Gonzales address

Mr LA said:
Hello all,
I have file today using 1447b, I have learn that there is NO filing fee if your are Using 1447b. My is make mondy order, an don't write anything on it, when you to court clerk, ask her about 1447 and if there is fee for it.

I wish the best to everyone here ....

Ps,
I need Emilio Gonzalez address ASAP,

This address is NOT correct according to the post office,

Director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Office of the General Counsel
Washington, DC 20528

How about adding "20 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Suite 4025, 4th Floor"

The zip code looks all right to me. I got the return receipt already.

They cashed my check long time ago!

Mr LA said:
Hello all,
I have file today using 1447b, I have learn that there is NO filing fee if your are Using 1447b. .....

Can I ask a refund?

Eastbayer said:

so the address will look like this :

Emilio Gonzalez,
20 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Suite 4025, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20528

i don't know

Eastbayer said:
Mr LA said:
Hello all,
I have file today using 1447b, I have learn that there is NO filing fee if your are Using 1447b. .....

Can I ask a refund?

see i ask them, and he said NO filin fee for 1447b, so i had to take my money order back to the post office. you may call them and ask.

I thank you for yur help

Breezyemily, have you served the defendants?

Breezyemily,

I got my summons and complaints back on 5/16/06 and I mailed them out 5/17/06. USPS tracking system indicates all but one (Alberto) were delievered as of today, but I have yet to get any of the "Return Receipt" back.

How about you? It seems not so many who pop up here are from MD, I remember shareef_aadmi filed about a month ago, and I have not seen anything new about him ever since.

Regards,

Balto
P.S. Thanks for that law suit summary tracking table :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. LA you lzay bone

You said you would file on 5/15/06, but you delayed your filing by a week! You are acting like USCIS now, get your act together, will you?:D :D

Good luck, and I sure will ask about that $350 when I file my proof of service to the court, but I feel it's just a CA thing :mad:

Regards,

Balto

That was what I used

Mr LA said:
so the address will look like this :

Emilio Gonzalez,
20 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Suite 4025, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20528

Maybe it is just a LA thing.

Balto said:
You said you would file on 5/15/06, but you delayed your filing by a week! You are acting like USCIS now, get your act together, will you?:D :D

Good luck, and I sure will ask about that $350 when I file my proof of service to the court, but I feel it's just a CA thing :mad:

Regards,

Balto

I asked people in Clerk's office. I was given a form, asking me to provide income information etc, to see if I am qualified for fee waiver. I glanced through it, and found I was not qualified---fortunately, still have a job.

But definitely ask when you file.

Eastbayer said:

the office of the general counsel should be it. or so i thought. :cool:

got my oath letter

:) :D :eek:

Thanks to everybody in this great forum i finally got my naturaliztion oath letter.
here are the details.

Interview 10/25/05.
filed 1447b 3/7/06
got summons back 3/21/06 after judge reviewed the case. ( they apparently do this in Gainesville, FL to avoid mistakes on ProSe cases)

was out of country so when i came back on the 4/11 sent these to the proper places. I had put the following on the case list.
1. Alberto gonz
2. Emilio gonz
3. Robert Mueller
4. Micheal Chertoff
5. Louise Germain ( local jacksonville dist officer.)
6. Local US attorney.

I filed return of service as soon as i would get the certified mail receipts back.

My deadline for all defendants to respond was set at 6/20/06.

Today 5/22/06 i got my oath letter for june 14th 06.
long journey came to a pleasant end.

kudos to those who have had the balls to do this.
i want to thank everyone on this forum, specially publicus who selflessly created this thread and helped everyone and Suzy , who contiues to contribute to the forum despite having being done with her case.

emachineman.

now do i call the district attorney up and my court up and say that i want to dismiss my case. or should i wait for them to make the next move.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
emachineman said:

Thanks to everybody in this great forum i finally got my naturaliztion oath letter.
here are the details.

Interview 10/25/05.
filed 1447b 3/7/06
got summons back 3/21/06 after judge reviewed the case. ( they apparently do this in Gainesville, FL to avoid mistakes on ProSe cases)

was out of country so when i came back on the 4/11 sent these to the proper places. I had put the following on the case list.
1. Alberto gonz
2. Emilio gonz
3. Robert Mueller
4. Micheal Chertoff
6. Local US attorney.

I filed return of service as soon as i would get the certified mail receipts back.

i want to thank everyone on this forum, specially publicus who selflessly created this thread and helped everyone and Suzy , who contiues to contribute to the forum despite having being done with her case.

emachineman.

now do i call the district attorney up and my court up and say that i want to dismiss my case. or should i wait for them to make the next move.
thanks

CONGRATULATION! Great job. :)

If they don't contact you, wait until after your oath.

Congratz, man! I am a bit jealous:)

emachineman said:

emachineman.
None of the fast movers I have seen is from Maryland, I am a bit jealous :D

Thanks for sharing, your victory sure will keep the moral high. Enjoy it!

Balto

Eastbayer said:
I sent the summon to FBI on 4/29 using certified mails. All the receipts are back except the FBI one. I went to the usps web site and found it was delivered long time ago. I printed out the tracking information and mailed it to the court (together with the original certified mail receipt). Be sure to make photocopies of everything. The return receipt of one of my previous inquiries to FBI came back 3 months later :confused: I guess everything going in and out of FBI may need special sterilization ???:D

USPS allows you to set up an automatic email notification when your certified mail is delivered. That would be a proof as well.

Good luck.

Well, what's strange is that the tracking number on the receipt returns no records found on usps.gov website. Certified mail being lost? I'll ask the Court Clerk tomorrow for new summons to send one more to FBI just in case.

emachineman said:

here are the details.

Interview 10/25/05.
filed 1447b 3/7/06

1. Alberto gonz
2. Emilio gonz
3. Robert Mueller
4. Micheal Chertoff
6. Local US attorney.

emachineman.

thanks
Congratulations!!! You deserve this success and Good Luck!!!

When did you send the mails out?

Mikey70 said:
Well, what's strange is that the tracking number on the receipt returns no records found on usps.gov website. Certified mail being lost? I'll ask the Court Clerk tomorrow for new summons to send one more to FBI just in case.

It usually takes two days to show up in the system and gets updated in the evening (my experience). If you sent it out last weekend, you may want to check again tomorrow. You can also go to the post office and ask them to check for you first. In my opinion, as long as the US Att. and local USCIS got your summon, you'd be fine. FBI never answers case status inquiries. Will it open the mail at all? Why waste the postage again?

If you are going to the court, ask them if you can file the certified mail receipts instead, as the proof. I remember Mohamedmohamed suggested similarly. Also check your local rules.