anyone waiting for Oath letter over 2 years? or even 3 years??

amasamas

Registered Users (C)
I am starting this thread to gauge the accuracy of the latest news about people suck in name check/ background checks.
According to the USCIS website, they should be starting to expedite the process for those stuck in background check waiting for long times. Also according to the website, those waiting for longer than 3 years should be done by May 2008
So please share your experience, to give others an idea what to expect?!

Here is mine:
July 05: Filed N-400
July 05: Priority Date
August 05: Fingerprinted
Oct 05: Interviewed (Pittsburgh DO, PA)

Applied N400 in August 2005. Called CS four days ago and was told to wait for oath letter after verification by 2nd IO although that I got "final approval".

Just remember that the USCIS/FBI plan calls on clearing the name check backlog, but doesn't say anything about the cases themselves being adjudicated. From example, a case whose name check has been cleared must still be scheduled for interview and oath, something can add several more months of waiting.

His 2nd FP was initiated on Dec 2007 itself... let's see if more people responds who has been cleared after long wait.

Applied N400 in August 2005. Called CS four days ago and was told to wait for oath letter after verification by 2nd IO although that I got "final approval".

Please pardon my ignorance and a non-relevant post but doesnt getting interviewed mean that the background check was already cleared ? I have my interview and oath taking scheduled for June 25th, 2008 - how do I know if my background check was cleared or not ?

Thanks...

Please pardon my ignorance and a non-relevant post but doesnt getting interviewed mean that the background check was already cleared ? I have my interview and oath taking scheduled for June 25th, 2008 - how do I know if my background check was cleared or not ?

Thanks...

Earlier they used to do interview first and then background checks, but now they do background checks and then interview... so in your case, seems like your background check is done...

I just had infopass an hour ago, they told me that my case is now waiting for supervisotr review, (used to say waiting for background check).
I asked what s the predicted time to get a correspondance now, they said "SHORTLY". when asked what shortly exactly means?, was told:not a specific date, but should be shortly now:confused::confused::confused::confused:

dude its just BS, cases who applied in feb 08 are getting oath letters, they just put old cases on back burner

I just had infopass an hour ago, they told me that my case is now waiting for supervisotr review, (used to say waiting for background check).
I asked what s the predicted time to get a correspondance now, they said "SHORTLY". when asked what shortly exactly means?, was told:not a specific date, but should be shortly now:confused::confused::confused::confused:

What the fckkk is supervisor review now?

basically, I was told that since my case has been almost in for 3 years(since last review in the interview). so she said someone from the USCIS need to review the file again before they can send me either an OL or a denial letter!!!!!!!!!????????