anyone waiting for Oath letter over 2 years? or even 3 years??

There is no average remaining time... all we can predict is the time range... and that is:

day 1 to day when you will get the Oath Letter.

that s what i mean...
if he got the file for review, how many more days/months/years to wait before hearing from them

not sure man... but seems like it should be done quick as your background check is done... all they need is review from the seniors. Let's see if Triple_Citizen has any answer for this one...

Since we are talking about time frame here

My waiting time is closing to 3 years now. Well, 1 month before 3 years.

Also, my case was on supervisor's desk since Jan 14th, 2008. On my last visit to local office, I was told to wait indefinitely. (Take whatever we take, that was the exact line from IO).

But, I think my case might be the extreme one. Because I saw a lot of people got their oath letter before me, even if we had very similar time frame at the same area.

So, only God knows what will happen next.

NC since June 2006

I have been stuck in NC since June 2006.

PD June 7th, 2006
Ist FP June 30th, 2006
2nd FP ????
Interview ????

My waiting time is closing to 3 years now. Well, 1 month before 3 years.

Also, my case was on supervisor's desk since Jan 14th, 2008. On my last visit to local office, I was told to wait indefinitely. (Take whatever we take, that was the exact line from IO).

But, I think my case might be the extreme one. Because I saw a lot of people got their oath letter before me, even if we had very similar time frame at the same area.

So, only God knows what will happen next.

Hope it gets done soon.... they have no idea of what we go through and how many important decisions are dependent on this.

Hello All,

After 2 year and 1 month stuck in name check mess I finally received letter from USCIS asking to confirm some information (Home Address, telephone number marital status etc) and also asking to do finger print again,

Later head line
"RECORD OF SWORN STATEMENT IN AFFIDAVIT FORM" N400
Return information within 20days

From Officer: Name check

My Question: Is this meaning my name check has been cleared?
Any comment highly appreciated

Thanks
Dee

Seems like they are working on their promises.

good news, waiting to be real good news.

Let's just hope that this is actually the end of it.
This is a good HOPE for a good Reason.

I have been waiting for the oath for 133 days now since my interview due to "Pending name check" (was told at the end of my interview 12/17/07). On 3/28/08, IO said that "name check was completed", the final process should take about three weeks.... Well, three weeks coming and gone, no Oath Letter yet.

Waiting continues.......

My timeline so far:

11/2006 N400
12/2006 FP
12/2007 Interviewed

Wating for name check from Nov 2005 (2.5 years)

Hi
I am waiting for about 2.5 years wating for name check from Nov 2005.
My FP was done Nov 2005, so it is expired now?
Does anyone know how I get another FP.

Waiting close to 3 years

N400 priority date 5/09/05
interview date: 9/14/05

Just spoke to National Customer Service Center (again for don't know what time) -- was asked for patience as there are cases pending for 5 yrs or more...

So,

if you have the interview and get the paper with "Recommended for approval" one can be fairly sure it will be a short wait? My IO scheduled me for the 28th for oath, but as we all know, unless you have the invitation, it's all not worth much.

So, how sure can I be that this is going to happen? Any hints? Gut feelings?

Guys,

If you had your N-400 interview and 120 days paseed since then, you are eligible for 1447B (Petition on Hearing in District Court); it really doesn't matter whether you had cleared the namecheck or not. USCIS have to adjudicate your case or have the Judge to get you an Oath, Period! Don't put attention on the USCIS deadlines and memos; it's all BS....

Gotcha Ok-Boy,

would just be nice to get it done w/o a court getting involved - wouldn't it?
Also, I travel to Europe on Sunday, thus planning is vital.

Finally, oath letter came yesterday

26 months after interview, I received oath letter scheduling me to take oath on Friday, May 23 at 8AM. That would make almost 3 years after initial filing. I called the 1-800 number about 2 weeks ago and was told my case was approved on April 18, pending 2nd IO verification. Finally, I am approaching the end.

26 months after interview, I received oath letter scheduling me to take oath on Friday, May 23 at 8AM. That would make almost 3 years after initial filing. I called the 1-800 number about 2 weeks ago and was told my case was approved on April 18, pending 2nd IO verification. Finally, I am approaching the end.

-- Seems like they are keeping up with this promise else they have to deal with more lawsuits... wonder how much they care/worry about those lawsuits?:confused: Bumping this ticket so more people who clears the NC can enlighten our hopes.

May 2008 Process all name checks pending more than three years
July 2008 Process all name checks pending more than two years
Nov. 2008 Process all name checks pending more than one year
Feb. 2009 Process all name checks pending more than 180 days
June 2009 Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days.

N400 priority date 5/09/05
interview date: 9/14/05

Just spoke to National Customer Service Center (again for don't know what time) -- was asked for patience as there are cases pending for 5 yrs or more...

I have been waiting for 26 months since my original application for naturalization.

I sent my N-400 form back in March 2006, got my FP done within three weeks, and went for an interview in early May, 2006, which I passed except that my name check was not completed. Then nothing from USCIS for nearly two years. I called the Service Center many times, went for an Infopas at least 5 times, wrote to the senators, first lady, etc - the response was always the same (when I got any response) "name check is not completed." Then in response to my recent status update request, USCIS sent me a letter that "my name check has been cleared" as of 4/11/2008 and that I should be now expecting my interview letter (although I already had my interview in 2006). Within a week or so of that letter, I got second FP appointment on 5/3/2008 since my original FP done in March 2006 were experied. When I went yet for another Infopas just before my second FP, I was told that if I already had the interview, I would not be needing another. But then who knows?

My time line:

N-400 sent 03/02/2006
first FP late March 2006
interview 05/03/2006
NC cleared 04/11/2008
second FP 05/03/2008
possible second interview ????
oath ?????

I have been waiting for 26 months since my original application for naturalization.

I sent my N-400 form back in March 2006, got my FP done within three weeks, and went for an interview in early May, 2006, which I passed except that my name check was not completed. Then nothing from USCIS for nearly two years. I called the Service Center many times, went for an Infopas at least 5 times, wrote to the senators, first lady, etc - the response was always the same (when I got any response) "name check is not completed." Then in response to my recent status update request, USCIS sent me a letter that "my name check has been cleared" as of 4/11/2008 and that I should be now expecting my interview letter (although I already had my interview in 2006). Within a week or so of that letter, I got second FP appointment on 5/3/2008 since my original FP done in March 2006 were experied. When I went yet for another Infopas just before my second FP, I was told that if I already had the interview, I would not be needing another. But then who knows?
QUOTE]

You are almost done... it will be just matter of days now. I can feel your pain what you have gone through. Good luck!

Hi
I am waiting for about 2.5 years wating for name check from Nov 2005.
My FP was done Nov 2005, so it is expired now?
Does anyone know how I get another FP.

You have to wati for them to send you the notification once your name check is cleared.... yours should be done soon now. Good luck.