Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

ZeusChicago said:
we had our interview today...we were asked general questions mostly what was already in the form...And the officer verified all the copies of the documents with original documents and told us they'll let us know about the decission in 2 weeks!!!! So we just have to wait till then!!

ZeusChicago

Do you know why you are not approved on that day? Thanks

cheka said:
I am due for my interview at chicago office next week. Just wondering what all to expect. I have got all the documents in a folder.
Gurus any advice at this stage?

Please post your experience at the consulate, I have my interview on May 26th. Good luck

windseeker said:
ZeusChicago

Do you know why you are not approved on that day? Thanks

my attorney thinks the officer could be new and has to check with the supervisor before approving. We are hoping thats all it is..she only said she has to verify all the documents before making a decission..so i dont know what that means

PuneetM123,

Can you give us more info on your case? When did it get transferred, and when did you receive your interview letter.

still waiting

I am still waiting for my interview letter.. i have gone to the ins office twice..and they told me ur file (name check, fingerprint are all good)
and is ready for interview from Jan 22/2005 ..and i just have to wait..

rd jan 9/2003
td Dec 22/2004

--sum97

ZeusChicago said:
I think somebody had posted the list, I just followed that..my attorney didnt ask us to take even half the documents I took. Take originals of all the documents you submitted, if married proof of joint joint residency, insurance card, bank statements (all showing both your name), house or apartment papers (if own the house) - this is for joint residency. Wedding album (she looked at the entire wedding album!!

Ofcourse all the documents they mentioned on the list excepting for medical if already submitted.

If you have any children, take copies of thier birth certificate.

Another thing she asked was for second copy of our tax returns to file in my file (she put the copy we took in my husbands file)..we had not taken another copy.

ZeusChicago

How did you get the bank statements to show both your name? It is like a letter from your bank? Your case is based on employment? because I saw you even brought the wedding album, I was confuesed. Thanks.

windseeker said:
ZeusChicago

How did you get the bank statements to show both your name? It is like a letter from your bank? Your case is based on employment? because I saw you even brought the wedding album, I was confuesed. Thanks.

ours is employment based. We took the wedding album as backup..just incase..they did look at it.

Ours is a joint account, so our statement shows both our names. you can take your apartment/house papers that shows both your names or any document that shows both your names.

ZeusChicago said:
ours is employment based. We took the wedding album as backup..just incase..they did look at it.

Ours is a joint account, so our statement shows both our names. you can take your apartment/house papers that shows both your names or any document that shows both your names.

Does this bank statement show the balance of your account? Thanks

windseeker said:
Does this bank statement show the balance of your account? Thanks

it is a monthly bank statement...it shows all transaction and the balance..but the officer is NOT interested in the balance. They are only interested in seeing both your names to ensure that you are married and living together. Again that is Not required. You can take your lease papers (showing both your names) or your insurance card.

Jay

Just received an interview letter. Anybody has any experience about interview in chicago for Employment based petition. Please share your experience

Rashed

My Case has been transferred to Chicago on 03/01/2004, and USCIS has received the 2nd FP on October 23, 2004. In april 2005 received an interview letter,which is scheduled in may 2005. Anybody has any experience.

got our approval letter

we got our approval letters today by mail. Interview date was 5/3, approval date was 5/5. Finally it is over. Both our approvals were sent in one envelope and our attorney recieved a copy too.

Good luck to everybody waiting!!!!

For those who changed jobs...

My husband changed his job after our cases were transferred. His current employer refused to give an employment letter in the format our lawyer had requested (the company attorney said "no"- but said they would reconsider ONLY if the immigration officer doesnt accept the computer generated letter). He got a letter that was computer generated.showed joined date salary etc. No job description. It showed some code for "position". My husband requested the HR to give letter which shows his position...they wouldnt!!! instead they told him to take a printout of general description for that post and it didnt even say he was working in IT. It was a general job descrption for that level of employment. We were concerned that it would be an issue..but the officer didnt even bother to read anything on the employment letter.

ZeusChicago said:
For those who changed jobs...

My husband changed his job after our cases were transferred. His current employer refused to give an employment letter in the format our lawyer had requested (the company attorney said "no"- but said they would reconsider ONLY if the immigration officer doesnt accept the computer generated letter). He got a letter that was computer generated.showed joined date salary etc. No job description. It showed some code for "position". My husband requested the HR to give letter which shows his position...they wouldnt!!! instead they told him to take a printout of general description for that post and it didnt even say he was working in IT. It was a general job descrption for that level of employment. We were concerned that it would be an issue..but the officer didnt even bother to read anything on the employment letter.

ZeusChicago

Congratulations!

You are required to take two pictures to the interview, is the picture normal passport picture? Thanks

Yes they are normal passport pictures but they have to int he adit format. We took it from sears...if you tell them it is for immigration they know

ZeusChicago said:
we got our approval letters today by mail. Interview date was 5/3, approval date was 5/5. Finally it is over. Both our approvals were sent in one envelope and our attorney recieved a copy too.

Good luck to everybody waiting!!!!

Congratulations ZeusChicago!

Finally your ordeal is over.

I am expecting my letter, with God's wish these days. I see it took you little over 6 months, so it's about now that it is 6 months since my case got transferred.

My case is complicated, I think. My I-140 was kind of lost at Nebraska, and I believe that was the reason they transferred it + the 245(i). Then once I made an inquiry, and silly me gave them my PO box address when they asked me for a mailing address, besides the PR. Go figure, they put the PO box address as the permanent residence. I received the transfer letter there + the inquiry response. But then later I got my AD at the PR... a mess. I've had it this case, and not once I've asked myself - what's the point? This time it is for sure - I will most likely abandon it if I don't hear from them by this fall. It is just not worth it. You put your whole life on hold, for a piece of plastic that you burry in your wallet, or worse in your file cabinet.

Enjoy!

npnjan02

I know what you are going through.. Our case got transferred (according to the lawyer) because of my fingerprint. I went for my first FP in Jan 2003, rejected by FBI for poor rquality..did it again in Feb 2003, accepted by FBI...then it expired..got another FP in july 2004. Rejected by FBI..they transferred our cases in september 2004 and in october chicago sends me a letter saying I have to get police clearance letter from all the places I lived in the last 5 years that was 5 diiferent cities including india...I had to go personally to the police station (excepting for chicago and india) to get the letter!!. Getting a police clearance letter from India was the worst I had to go tot he consulate 3-4 times for that (some screwed-up process they have!!). Anyway we got our interview for may..our attorney was worried that they would say police clearance letter is too old and I'll have to get another (all taken in october 2004, soon after I recieved the letter)...fortunately that officer didnt bother to read anything on the letters!!! (dont know if she did later..but lawyer thought they dont..they are supposed to get everything cleared during interview...it is unlikely that they go over those papers again). My poor husband was so frustrated waiting for this GC..he decided to change his job after it was transferred....he was holding on to this job where he didnt recieve any increment since the day he joined (even after getting one promotion) for this stupid GC!!. He finally decides it is not worth it and changed the job...we were waiting for the gc to buy a house while we watched house prices in chicago area go up every month. In october 2004 after my husband changed his job and we bought a house, we decided we are not going to think of this GC because we are not going to put anything on hold for this. It did bother us bit not as much as before...Only regret we have is that we should have done this earlier......So dont think of getting a green card as some milestone that all other things are dependent on...your life wiill be a lot more simpler.

Contacting senator

Congratulations Zeus Chicago:

Can you please let me know how you contacted Dick Durbin's Office and what did you tell them. How should I introduce myself and present my case.
My case was transferred to Chicago on 12/20/2004.

Thanks in advance for your help

anujsingla said:
Congratulations Zeus Chicago:

Can you please let me know how you contacted Dick Durbin's Office and what did you tell them. How should I introduce myself and present my case.
My case was transferred to Chicago on 12/20/2004.

Thanks in advance for your help

My husband called thier chicago office and told them that our case is taking too long and I had to go for fingerprinting too many times..they asked him to fax the details. After he faxed the details they sent a letter saying that they have intiiated an inquiryy and tthey sent another letter after they heard from USCIS and asked us to get in touch with them if we dont hear anything from USCIS in 90 days

Got it finally

Hi Guys,
Finally after a waiting period of over 3 yrs got it stamped at chicago office. the officer was very nice and just asked my new employment letter. Interview lasted only 5 min.
Thank you all who helped me prepare for this moment.
TD 07/04
RD 09/02
Approval 5/12/05