Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

Got Interview Date

Case Transferred to Chicago - 08/09/2005
Interview Notification - 09/30/2005
Interview Date - 12/14/2005

Good Luck pamit73....

I am 100% sure you will get Approved and stamped on the same day since you are in EB1 category.

But only thing sucks is duration of Interview Notice date and Iterview date.
Kept me stressed for long time. Even though you are ready , you will kepp on thinking/asking if something is missing.

Thanks for your best wishes Lakhsya

Thanks for your best wishes Lakhsya. However, I am from India and even EB1 for India is retrogressed effective October 1. I am just hoping that over the next 2 months EB1 visa number availability will move past my PD of May 2004. Wishful thinking maybe!

My FP was done July 2004. As I understand, FP is valid for 15 months. Hence, when I go for interview, my FP would have expired. Has anyone self-scheduled second FP? Or will I be scheduled by the system automatically after my FP expires in a couple of weeks? Any ideas?

Yesterday I got "Welcome Notice" Letter.
After my approval http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=143065&page=14&pp=15

It says
Receipt Date is June 1, 2005 and Notice Date is Sep 30,2005.
My case was approved on 22nd Sep'05 after Transfer.
Don't know What this Receipt Date is?
It has been given a different LIN # also.
and Case Type is I181.

It also says I will receive my cards in 3 weeks.
If so that is really great.

Any Input Gurus?

Received Plastic cards

On 10/14/2005 I received my plastic cards and also one more welcome letter same matter with diff date.
(USCIS is very polite and co-operative once you are approved :) )
It was pretty fast.
Also it means if transfer cases are approved and stamped, there is no need for Biometrics.

Anyway dear friends this journey is over.
Thanks a lot for all your help and Thanks to Mr. Rajiv to provide us a platform to share all worries.

Good Luck friends..

Last edited by a moderator:
Still Waiting....:(

Pamit
Good to see you receiving interview noitice soon, Did you contact senator's office after the transfer?
My case was tranferred in June and am still waiting :(

Interview Experience

The interview lasted around 15min. First I was asked to raise hand and take oath then I had to say yes or No for questions about prior arrests, etc..
The documents that I was asked to show Employment letter, tax returns, birth certificates, W2's, passport, I-94, driver license. Officer went through my file and asked originals for the documents I submitted when I filed I-485.

Here is interesting part:
After reviewing all the documents officer kept I-94 and told that he completed interview and I should receive an approved letter in next 30 days. My attorney questioned about keeping I-94 without giving any letter. The officer replied he is new officer and he has to review with supervisor before approving the case.

Does any one has similar experience? I saw other postings here about taking index finger print and ask them to wait for priority dates. In my case none of that happened? I was told I will receive letter in next 30 days.

Finger-printing for transferred case

Finger-Printing for cases in local office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My case was transferred to Chicago USCIS Office from Nebraska center in December 2004 and I also had interview for I-485 on June 27, 2005. Officer found the case approvable but the case was not approved due to unavailability of visas for applicants from India in EB3 category.

My question is regarding the finger-printing. The first finger-printing for me and my wife was done in May 2004 and June 2004 respectively. It’s more than one year since then, and we should be scheduled for finger-printing again. How do we deal with local center (Chicago). Do we need to call the Chicago center to schedule the appointment for finger-printing or Chicago center will itself call for finger-printing (It's been 21 months since last finger-printing).

Has anyone received the finger-printing notice from the local center.

Any input in this matter would be really appreciated.

My case details:
EB3-RIR-India (PD: March 2003)
I-140/1-485 filed in Oct 2003
Ist Finger-Printing: May 2004
I-140 approved: Dec 2004
I-485 transferred to Chicago: Dec 2004
Interview for I-485: June 2005 (no GC due to retrogression)

My case (EB3 CHN) was transferred to Chicago Sept. 2004 and I had interview in July 2005. I didnot get approval due the quota.

I moved to Detroit in late July 2005. Sent several letters to INS (Chicago office). In Dec 2005, I recved a finger print notice from Chicago office. I did the finger print in Detroit. In Jan, 2006, my case was approved by Chicago office.

So If you recv finger print notice, you are close to be approved.

485 Approved

485 Approved and passport stamped on 3/27/06. See signature for details.

Good Luck to those still waiting.

Approved both me and wife on Mar 13 2006. Received cards in the mail 03/16/06. Finally journey is over!
EB3 RIR, 245i, PD 04/28/01, i485 RD 5/28/02, TD to Chicago 04/02/04, ID 09/05...

what do we have to do once the PD becomes current??

congrats willget.!!

I have a question thou. Once your PD become current and your case is approved, they sent u the approval letter and then you have to go to the local office(Infopass) to get the passport stamped? I mean, how does this work once ur case is transferred to local office, interview done but cos of the visa unavialability you din't get the approval yet? May bulletin is posted and looks like my priority date should be current next month so i m curious to knw wht will I have to do once it becomes current..pls reply if u can( or neone ). tks.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Techie_ssp:
Yea, did interview and officer asked to wait for PD to become current - gave back ours last valid EAD's, and said I won't have to come back for any formalities - just wait for my current PD.
Well, my PD bacame current on March 1, on March 10th I received I-181 (or whatever it's called) saying that they "processing" my application (no word about approval). i checked online with i-181 receipt number and message was "after approving we ordered cards". I never had to go for stamping, because cards came in 3 days!. Cards issue date is March 1st. Interesting thing tho - cards and i-181 were mailed from nebraska, and my i-485 sits at chicago where I did interview (and online status for i-485 still the same - date when it was transferred to chicago.