Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

My case was transferred but he was saying it wasnt..I had a letter from chicago office soon after my case was transferred to get police clearance (they couldnt finger print me). Officer kept telling me that "i dont see anything here"..after I showed him the letter and told him "how is it possible chicago sends me a letter if my case was not transferred", he started digging for information and realized my case was transferred..dont go by what they say..they dont know what they are talking about. Before I showed him that letter he was arguing with me that "it doesnt matter what online system says...your file isnt here!!!!".

udacha6 said:
ZeusChicago,

Same here.
My husband went for another info appointment yesterday (I was able to get a 7:40AM the morning after after I scheduled it because someone must have cancelled it). He had a mind-boggling discussion with the officer about his case who said that after four and a half month the case still hadn't arrived in Chicago. He also stated that his computer says that the case is still in Vermont and didn't even begin the transition process. We called the National 800 number the same day and were told that "yeah, the case is strange and most likely the case was lost in the mail". We filed two inquiries - one in Chicago, one over the phone, but the previous two were replied so I don't hold my breath on this one.....
We never got anything from the FBI on my husband so I don't know whether his name check was cleared or not. I tried three or four times, but in vain.
Don't know what to do next.
I have a job offer in NYC but my lawyer says that I shouldn't leave Chicago because his case is already as complex as it ever gets so we shouldn't make it impossible. Very sad, it is a good research position....
Is that true you should get something from FBI? I didn't get anything from them either. Thanks :confused:

you dont get anything from FBI. There is a number you can call and ask if your name check is cleared or not (not sure if it is still valid..we called long time ago) they let you know either on the phone (if you call ) or by email (if you fax the request) when the name check was cleared

ZeusChicago

But how do you know that your name is being checked by FBI? When FBI starts to check your name? By request upon Chicago center? Thanks.

I really feel so frustrated that there is no info about interview since the cased was transfered last July(first to Philly, then from Philly to Chicago in Sep.). I don't know what I can do at the time being.

Chicago center seems to be dormant since we haven't seen any progree these several months. What are they doing?

probably your name check is already complete. if not chicago would have requested one. You'll know by calling fbi

ZeusChicago said:
probably your name check is already complete. if not chicago would have requested one. You'll know by calling fbi
Hi, would you please tell me the number of FBI to call about this issue? Thanks.

How long does it take to schedule an interview at Chicago

Does anyone have a guess? My spouse's case was transferred on Mar 11, 2005, the same day my case was approved at the VSC. When should I expect to hear from the Chicago office about the interview?

How long does it take to schedule an interview at Chicago

nov02-485 said:
Does anyone have a guess? My spouse's case was transferred on Mar 11, 2005, the same day my case was approved at the VSC. When should I expect to hear from the Chicago office about the interview?

Anyone!!

We got tour interview letters today. Scheduled for May. 485 RD - Nov 19, 2002. Transfer Date September 22, 2004.

I have a question for those who got interview letters.. we were asked to get our sealed medical envelopes. We have already sent it to vermont with our 485 application and we dont have them with us. Does that mean we have to re-do our medicals??

Analini

ZeusChicago

Congratulations to you! Finally I see some movement of Chicago. I will keep my finger crossed and wait for the letter for me.

Received Email from FBI regarding name check Enquiry

Just thought that this might help people ...

I had sent an email to FBI for name check enquiry (for myself and spouse in the same email) on Nov 5th, 2004. I got the reply back from the FBI yesterday (03/28/2005) via email.

But when I went through a Congressman, they got the reply in about 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
FBI Inquire by Email

Those who want to Inquire with FBI by email, send following information.

Email: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov
Name:
DOB:
A Number:
Your Email:

RD: 18 Aug 2002
TD: 05 Oct 2005 (Chicago Office)

boxerbhai said:
Just thought that this might help people ...

I had sent an email to FBI for name check enquiry (for myself and spouse in the same email) on Nov 5th, 2004. I got the reply back from the FBI yesterday (03/28/2005) via email.

But when I went through a Congressman, they got the reply in about 2 weeks.

Thanks,
boxerbhai

Do you know which congressman I can contact? How to contact them? Thank you very much!

ZeusChicago said:
We got tour interview letters today. Scheduled for May. 485 RD - Nov 19, 2002. Transfer Date September 22, 2004.

I have a question for those who got interview letters.. we were asked to get our sealed medical envelopes. We have already sent it to vermont with our 485 application and we dont have them with us. Does that mean we have to re-do our medicals??

Analini
I got the interview letter as well today. ZeusChicago, have you got the answer for this yet? I have the same requirement. Thanks

Transfer date

windseeker said:
I got the interview letter as well today. ZeusChicago, have you got the answer for this yet? I have the same requirement. Thanks

Windseeker:
What is your transfer date?

Our attorney said there is no need to get the medical again. We already sent it with our 485 application..so we are not going to take it with us.

Zeuschicago

Will you go with your attorney in the interview? Thanks. Because my attorney is in Philly, so it is not convenient to let him come. My case is not straightforward since I changed my job last August, so that is why my case was transfered to local office. I don't know under this situation if I should hire an attorney in Chicago local. Some one has the same experience? Thanks a lot.

I don;t know my exact date to Chicago, but I know Philly local transfered my case to Chicago on 9/22/04, so I guess my transfer date to Chicago should be at the end of Sept.