Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

boxerbhai

I know you already had your interview and you must have plenty of experience. Here is the detail of my required docs:

You must bring originals and copies of the following documents:

Medical examination form I-693 in a sealed envelope
Affidavit of support form I-864 (with your tax returns for the last 3 years, w-2’s and current job letter)
certified court dispositions (for all arrests, no matter how long ago the arrest occurred)
2 color ADIT-Style photographs
Photo identification for yourself and your petitioner
Your employment authorization card
English translations of any foreign documents (use certified translators only)
Proof of legal entry into the united states, passport and /or proof of payment of I-485 supplement A.
Birth certificates for beneficiary, petitioner and all children
Marriage certificates(if married previously, proof of termination of all previous marriages)

My concern is:

1. the medical examination: I remember that I submitted it at the time when I applied for 485. Should I do it for the second time?

2. Both my husband and I have never been arrested, then we have no need to concern about 3—certified court dispositions, right?

3. I am the petitioner for this case, right?

4. about 7, what are these foreign documents?

5. what is proof of payment of I-485 supplement A?

Could you please answer me these questions if you have the experience? Thanks alot.

Ok, sorry for posting so many questions :) actually, I just got all the answers from my attorney.

The only thing I am concerning is that if I need an attorney to go with me in the interview. My original attoney is in Philly, so it is not convenient for him to come. My case is not straightforward because I have changed my job and my salary was decreased because of fudding cuts. So do you think it would be better for me to hire an attorney in Chicago? Who do you think it is better and how much for it? Thanks

I am in a very ridiculous situation. My husband's case was lost in the mail (or so it seems) after a transfer from VSC to Chicago. We've already been through two infopass appointments but the answer is always the same - we don't have your case, talk to VSC. VSC says that we don't have your case either as it was transferred out of here last year. The TD is 11/04 - I have the transfer notice from VSC, but nothing from Chicago. My lawyer doesn't know where to file EAD, AP.
What can be done in this situation?

ZeusChicago said:
Our attorney said there is no need to get the medical again. We already sent it with our 485 application..so we are not going to take it with us.
ZeusChicago

When did you do your medical exam? I did it in Sept. 2002, which is more than 1.5 years old. My attorney told me that I had no need to redo it since it was submitted when I applyied for 485 in 2002. But just now I read someone's post that if medical was more than 1.5 years old, then I may need to redo it. I am just wondering if yours is also more than 1.5 years old. If it is, then two attorneys said so and I will assume it is correct that I have no need to retake it.

I appreciate your sharing. Thanks.

windseeker said:
Ok, sorry for posting so many questions :) actually, I just got all the answers from my attorney.

The only thing I am concerning is that if I need an attorney to go with me in the interview. My original attoney is in Philly, so it is not convenient for him to come. My case is not straightforward because I have changed my job and my salary was decreased because of fudding cuts. So do you think it would be better for me to hire an attorney in Chicago? Who do you think it is better and how much for it? Thanks

----------------------------------------

My 2 cents - I always liked the idea of going for the interview with an attorney. Especially if there are any complications. Also with my personal experience I felt with the attorney you are not too much under mental pressure and stress. Its kind of a morale support. The attorney did help us a great deal. Again - thats my personal opinion. If you want details about my attorney, I can send you a personal message or email you. Let me know

Thanks,

windseeker said:
ZeusChicago

When did you do your medical exam? I did it in Sept. 2002, which is more than 1.5 years old. My attorney told me that I had no need to redo it since it was submitted when I applyied for 485 in 2002. But just now I read someone's post that if medical was more than 1.5 years old, then I may need to redo it. I am just wondering if yours is also more than 1.5 years old. If it is, then two attorneys said so and I will assume it is correct that I have no need to retake it.

I appreciate your sharing. Thanks.

We did our medical in september 2002. You DONT need to re-do the medical. For more info..http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/memmedibcis.pdf

Thanks! My case examiner is 8. Will I be interviewed by the same officer? Did anybody have experience on him/she? Thanks for your sharing.

anyone still left behind? I did not get anything from chicago office. I contacted the senator and my lawyer. What else could I do.

thanks,
zhwqiu :mad:

why dont you take an appointment and go see an officer..we recieved our interview letters few days after we went to the chicago office and talked to somebody...though that guy was no help at that time (see my previous post).

I think senator should help. I know dick durban's office is quick and very helpful. we had contacted him before the transfer - our cases were transferred the day dick durnban's office sent an inquiry (which was not what we hoped for)..dont know if contacting senator had anything to do with it..But we didnt not talk to the senators office after the transfer..I thought I would wait for 6 months and then contact him. I was surprised by the promptness of senator's office - they sent an inquiry within 2-3 days after we contacted them. They were nice and helpful

zhwqiu said:
anyone still left behind? I did not get anything from chicago office. I contacted the senator and my lawyer. What else could I do.

thanks,
zhwqiu :mad:

When was your case transferred?

I haven't gotten my interview letter yet. I've been twice to the local office and made an inquiery - nothing specific. I also contacted Durbin, and was told that my case was on the queue for an interview (this was back in January). So how long??? No one knows. Se my details below.

We had our interview today

we had our interview today...we were asked general questions mostly what was already in the form...And the officer verified all the copies of the documents with original documents and told us they'll let us know about the decission in 2 weeks!!!! So we just have to wait till then!!

ZeusChicago said:
we had our interview today...we were asked general questions mostly what was already in the form...And the officer verified all the copies of the documents with original documents and told us they'll let us know about the decission in 2 weeks!!!! So we just have to wait till then!!

I am due for my interview at chicago office next week. Just wondering what all to expect. I have got all the documents in a folder.
Gurus any advice at this stage?

Still no reponse

RD: 01/01/2004
TD: 10/06/2004

Filed for an inquiry to figure out why interview notice still not arrived.

Anyone also in the same boat?

cheka said:
I am due for my interview at chicago office next week. Just wondering what all to expect. I have got all the documents in a folder.
Gurus any advice at this stage?

I think somebody had posted the list, I just followed that..my attorney didnt ask us to take even half the documents I took. Take originals of all the documents you submitted, if married proof of joint joint residency, insurance card, bank statements (all showing both your name), house or apartment papers (if own the house) - this is for joint residency. Wedding album (she looked at the entire wedding album!!

Ofcourse all the documents they mentioned on the list excepting for medical if already submitted.

If you have any children, take copies of thier birth certificate.

Another thing she asked was for second copy of our tax returns to file in my file (she put the copy we took in my husbands file)..we had not taken another copy.

zhwqiu said:
My RD 9-13-2002
TD is 9-2004
did you move after the transfer??
We moved after the transfer and changed the address. When we went to the chicago office to inquire the status, we asked the officer to verify our address..they had our new address...yet when they sent the interview letters, they sent it to the old address..fortunately they got forwarded. Check with your lawyer, if they got any interview letters for you.