Anyone waiting for interview from Chicago ?

Moving during pending

I moved to another state which belongs to another center now, my question is where will they transfer my case to? To Chicago office where I originally filed the application or the current state?

Thanks!

nas0321 said:
Cheka,

Did you get the interview notice ?

-nas0321
=========================
nas0321 rd Dec 12'02 td Aug 15'04 id ??

Still Waiting? Patiently for a long time...............

All,
My friend's case moved to Chicago on Jan10th.
They are processing Oct 1 2003. Some of you got in 4 to 5 months. What could be the correct date (range) of processing?
When he should expect something (interview and/or approval) ?
Why the case moved and why people are called for interviews?

Please reply. His original RD is Oct 11, 2002 from Vermont Service Center.
Thanks.

My case has transfered to chicago in Sep , 2004.
My RD is Sep 2002. The office posts the processing data is Oct 2003.

I called the custmer service and wrote a letter to them. Today I got the feedback saying "All efforts will be made to respond to your inquiry with 90 days of receipt. Depending on the complexity of your inquiry, additional time may be required to obtain the information requested"

I have no word to say.

zhwqiu , Cheka,

So, if they are processing oct 2003, does that mean that we have to wait until the processing times hit our transfer date ?

Isn't Oct 2003 more related to the RD ?

-nas0321

zhwqiu said:
No, the processing data is RD not the TD
zhwqiu,

You are right, the oct 2003 is the RD that they are processing. So, doesn't that mean we should have already received our interview notices ?

Thanks
nas0321

Hi,all

The discussion you guys are doing about RD ND and TD i had been done last yaer in diffrent website forum since i was memeber(not any more)
rupnet.com , murthy.com , ilw.com and ofcourse immigration.com

Based on that discussion with diffrent people and talking with attorney plus my own experience i believe for transfer cases that
xfer cases doesn't working as RD or ND.ones you are transfered forget about tracking ur case.I believe that that xfer case is good sign.u r close to approval. ones ur case transfer and if u don't hear anytyhing within six to nine month then u better check with ur FP fbi and see congressman or senator.
Usually after xed u must receieve something within six to ten or at the most tweleve month otherwise something is not right.
as far as xer case they worked by TD.My RD was 03/12/02 and ND 04/01/02
but i had rfe from nsc on 03/04 and i didn't reply until 06/04.Then they xer
my case on 07/04 to chicago office interview was 03/11/04 approved 12/23/04 stamped 01/11/05.
At the same time Boxerbhai from this forum Had RD AND ND sometimes in07/02
so he was 4 months behind to me but i had rfe and take time.
Anyway we both get transfer almost same time .Interview same time he approved 11/04 and my 12/04.
As per my attorney xer case worked by TD date who xer first he will receieve
first.Usally they assign only few officers for xer cases only.
This is my opinion and experience only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transferred to chicago..need to renew EAD

My case was transferred to chicago on September 22nd, 2004. I havent recieved any interview letter..but my EAD is expiring..how do I renew my EAD?? Can I do it online??

EAD renewal

ZeusChicago said:
My case was transferred to chicago on September 22nd, 2004. I havent recieved any interview letter..but my EAD is expiring..how do I renew my EAD?? Can I do it online??

I was there this morning and its a simple process. They will issue you a new EAD card there itself. Make sure you have a info pass for your family.
Also guys just checked with a officer on processing times. Chicago office has scheduled interviews till may for all applicants with Receipt date Oct 2002.

Hi, I don;t quite understand your post. You mean, before May, all the applicants will get interview with RD date of Oct. 2002? My RD is in Oct. 2002, but so far I didn;t get the interview letter. I am really curious about it. Thanks.

cheka said:
I was there this morning and its a simple process. They will issue you a new EAD card there itself. Make sure you have a info pass for your family.
Also guys just checked with a officer on processing times. Chicago office has scheduled interviews till may for all applicants with Receipt date Oct 2002.

All,
Finally my friend got an email from USCIS. His 485 has been approved today.
His RD was Oct 11, 2002 from VSC and the case was moved to Chicago on Jan 06, 2005. Before getting the new notice of transfer from Chicago office, he got the approval.
Hopefully, this email from USCIS is correct.

Good news for all. Things are moving forward.
Thanks for your valuable input on this portal. Good luck to all.

Interview Scheduling

The lady at INS told me that all the interviews have been scheduled Till May 04. you should expect a letter 2 weeks in advance before your interview.You can go to chicago office and fill out a form Case staus Inquiry .

kalse_2000 said:
All,
Finally my friend got an email from USCIS. His 485 has been approved today.
His RD was Oct 11, 2002 from VSC and the case was moved to Chicago on Jan 06, 2005. Before getting the new notice of transfer from Chicago office, he got the approval.
Hopefully, this email from USCIS is correct.

Good news for all. Things are moving forward.
Thanks for your valuable input on this portal. Good luck to all.

That's a first for me. Can you keep us posted about your friend?

Chicago Transfer 485

My case was transferred to Chicago on Oct 5, 2004. No reply from them yet. I did get my EAD from them on January 5th, 2005. They approved it for a year saying they still had my file locally but I don't know when I'll be called for an interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheka said:

Does that mean I just go to chicago office and apply for EAD in person??

EAD renewal

ZeusChicago said:
Does that mean I just go to chicago office and apply for EAD in person??

I had applied for EAD in aug and after that my case got transferred to chicago office. Since I didnt hear anything from INS I got a infopass which had the date and time . You need to apply beforehand for EAD and in case you don't hear from them get a info pass to talk to an officer.

Has anybody received an interview letter yet ? Please post a reply with your 485 RD and transfer date.
Thank you