Anyone got oath letter lately?

emc: I will ask the question when i go there.

i will check my mail friday and head there next tuesday.

did anyone else in dallas get news on oath ceremony?

itoo

emc1234,

I had my oath letter lost in the mail and I was told by the California Service Center the same thing. They told me to just go without the letter but I was still concerned. The oath letter is actually more than a letter. At the back of the letter there is a form with a number of questions you need to answer and sign. It's also an official document that they collect at the ceremony.

So, I bit the bullet and paid a visit to my local INS office at San Jose. The immigration officer there told me that I indeed need the letter/document in order to attend the ceremony. He printed out a copy for me right away. I killed 4 hours in a sunny Tuesday but I am glad that I did it. My ceremony is next Thursday and now I can go without any worry.

So, if you do not receive the letter till, say, one week before your oath date, I'd suggest that you go to your local office and get a replacement letter. You don't want to find out any news at the gate on ceremony day.

Wuby

Originally posted by emc1234
hi, BCIS is getting better. i just got a call from BCIS and told me my oath date is mid-april and location and time. so i will just go ahead even if without oath letter. there is another round of checkup. so she asked me pay off traffic ticket if there is one.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks. wuby. i will bite the bullet one week before oath.

one question to gurus.
i will file I485 for my wife and she could leave the job as soon as we receive the receipt. how to speed this up? do you think hand-delivering I-485 to local INS could speed this up? of course, it means waiting in the line for 3 hours. do you think INS will check the completeness of application and accept it and issue a receipt on the spot?

Re: I-130 and original doc

Originally posted by emc1234
Desi_1, sv303, durgum and others,

You guys have experience of applying I-130. It seems that original GC card or naturalization certificate need to be submitted along with I-130. Is there anyway get around? since passport application need it also. If submitted to INS, how soon can it be returned? I post questions in "new citizen petitions GC for wife, questions?" thread. would you please kindly help me? Thanks.

sv303: could you use any certified version to apply passport? how about medical form? do you submit now for your parents application or later in the interview time?

Hi, EMC
sorry i have not been checking this forum lately... hope you've gotten the Oath letter by now.
Re: passport. You have to submit the original natz certificate, they will not take any kind of copies.
re: I-130. you can submit a simple Xerox copy of your natz certificate even thought the application says you must send in the original

I was scheduled for an oath by phone as well, 2 days before the ceremony. I went to the DO and told them i was there for the Oath, and they gave me the form with the questionnaire on the back right there, on the spot. although i must admit i would've felt much better if i already had the letter with me...

regarding the 485 package: we mailed ours (for my mom) to the local DO with express mail (and required a receipt), the package got there overnight. The checks were depositied in about a week. about two weeks after that we got an appt for EAD, and a week after that we got an appt for fingerprints. My attorney told me that local DO's don't issue receipt notices with the LIN ##'s, as we are accustomed to. they did assign an A# to my mom which showed up on the fingerprint notice. I was also told it takes about 1 year from start to finish in the Seattle DO (family based adjustments).

I doubt you can speed up the process by hand-delivering the package to the DO. a "friendly" INS officer will probably just tell you to go back home and mail the package to the correct address... But I don't know for sure.

Also, it took me 10 days to get the US passport via expeditied process. Don't you wish you could expedite your paperwork with the INS too :)

Hi Guys,

You sound like everyone already got Oath letter ?

I am still waiting for the Oath letter................

"Are you getting the oath letter normally or
You are taking help from Senator or COngressman? ??????

Regards

maria, as a matter of fact, i still have not received oath letter as of now. i have waited more than 3.5 months since interview. so hopefully yours is faster.

Havn't recieved any notice after the interview?

Interview:10-21-2002
the notice of Oath:waiting
I'm very worry,so if you have any message about it ,pease tell me.Thanks!

jenny

jenny. please bite the bullet :). it means that please goto your local BCIS and wait in the line for 3 hours. ask SPECIFICALLY if there is any problem and ask SPECIFICALLY if they have ever sent you any letter since interview.

In my case, officer told me nothing wrong. after i pushed him for more info, he remembered that he could log into another system to check if there is any letter sent out.

If oath letter is lost in the mail, they could reschedule one for you. If you do not respond within a year, your application might be cancelled.

Aout the oath

Thanks for your answer.I have ask the INS by telephone,she told me the notice havn't been sent and my lawyer also told me wait some days again,and it's normal.

Finger print will expire after 15 MONTHS

If the difference between "Finger printing date" & "Oath ceremony date" is over the 15 MONTHS ,then anyone has to take Finger print again . Any Finger print expires after 15 months.

And you have to wait again............it is like a LOOP.

And you have to Wait.........wait...........& just wait................

why no posts after march 29?

i posted my experiences at the DSC but it looks like it never got published in this thread.

testing it now...

dsc exp

looks like it is working

basically, ins told me to wait even though everything is fine with my applcn. "scheduled" for oath but must wait indefinitely!

2 others have been waiting for oath letter since june 02 despite a clean record. they both had to redo their fingerprints [12 months not 15 was what the officer indicated]

itoo < what was your Interview?

Hi itoo,
Would you please tell us your timeline?
Thank you

Hi all ,

I told you before that 2 of my neighbors got oath letter withon 12/13 days of interview & 1 neighbor got oath letter 189 days later.

Anyone has this kind of experience?? Share with us.

I am still waiting for Oath letter...............

West. Serv. Cent. with subdirectory Hawaii

I got my oath letter 1 month after the interview (Febr. 2003).
and had my oath two weeks later very recently.
It was incredible and I'm still feeling very very happy! :) :) :) :)

For all of you waiting for such long times, please remember that the CA district had a shredding "incident" (where two INS employees unauthorizedly shredded thousands of applications).

Good luck to you all and hopefully your wait will be over soon, too!

My neighbor got the Oath letter at 189 days delay & yesterday

He got another letter describing that his Oath date is rescheduled:

1st Oath ceremony date:
April 18, 2003 (got this date after 189 days of Interview date)

2nd new Oath ceremony date:

May 01, 2003

it is it the New York City area.

Any comment/ experience?????????????

SURPRISE & Documents????????

Interview, Documnets & Surprise ???? !!!!!!!!!
I was waiting for my Oath letter for 3 months

but today Congessman office left me a message describing

"They did communicate with BCIS"

BCIS told Congressman office that "BCIS asked me for some documents. Did I send those documents to BCIS yet. Only for these documents my Oath letter is Pending??"

I am very much SURPRISED that at Interview the BCIS officer did not ask me for any further documents. Officer told me just I have to wait for security checks.

Now what should I have to do???????????

Everyone welcome ....any suggetion?????????

CONTACT all the senators/congressmen in your area
as many times as it requires. Go to BCIS(INS) and earnestly request to pull up the file.I remember that you are planning to do I-130.I-129f/k3 for your spouse so that is a humane rerason for asking to speed up the oath as your oath has been delayed by MORE than two months. I feel that oath should not br delayed by no longer than a month in any case anyway. Just go for those senators/congressmen in your area .

GOOD LUCK

Hi takealook

Hi takealook,

Before filing my N-400 I got a traffic ticket for improper left turn & lost 2 ponts and paid the penalty fee.

On N-400, one question #16 (Part-10) is tha
" DId you EVER arrested, CITED or detained by any law enforcement officer?" I answered this question "NO".

Because I did not know that "CITED" means traffic ticket too.

WHAT DID YOU ANSWER for this question #16 while you got traffic ticket (if any) before filing N-400?

Thank you so much.