Anyone got oath letter lately?

OATH letter got within 2 weeks of Interview

My 2 friends got oath letters within 2 weeks of Interview.
Here is the fact:

1st friend:

(Interview- Feb 05, 2003

(Oath letter got- Feb . 14, 2003

(Oath Date- Feb. 28 , 2003

After interview this friend got this Interview Results:
* You passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government.

* INS will send you a written decision about your application.

District Office :
Immigration and Naturalization Service
Garden City Naturalization Office
New York.
--------------------------
2nd Friend:

Interview- Feb 12, 2003

(Oath letter got- Feb . 20, 2003

(Oath Date- Feb. 28 , 2003

After interview this friend got this Interview Results:

-*You passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government.

* INS will send you a written decision about your application.

District Office :
New York.
Here is my case;

(Interview- Feb 03 , 2003

(Oath letter got- NOT Yet

(Oath Date- Not Yet

After interview I got this Interview Results:
* You passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government.

* "A DECISION cannot yet be made about your application"

District Office :
New York.

*** SO I am in very much tensed about that.

Anyone has any experience???????????

Finally

Hi all,

I had an oath ceremony last Friday on 21 of Feb.
It was quick and simple but emotional.
It took only an hour and after that I applied for an American passport.

So, all process took approximately 5 and half months to get a certificate of naturalization.

I wish you all good luck!

Jennie:)

I have not heard from them yet. Looks like the water is not going to boil if I stand near the pot. It is frustrating as I can not make any plans to go anywhere. They don't seems to know anything about the Oath date. Call them and faxed them an inquery and was told its up to the District office to send the letter of Oath. Still Waiting ....:eek:

went to congressman's office today. the guy asked me to wait for 2 more weeks since he was afraid to push INS. ok, that is it. i decide to push them once every 2 weeks. INS officially does not exist now. it is merged into homeland dept. the mission of the new dept is not for immigration. so the process might slow down further.

I can tell you guys one thing what I guess ..........

I think it will take more than 6 months .........

Just being stuck & you have nothing to do..........

TO MARIAHONEYY DESI 1 ,EMC1234 AND OTHERS

I GOT MY INTERVIEW DONE TODAY ,MY UNDERSTANDING IN YOUR CASE IS THAT THE OFFICER WHO INTERVIEWED YOU HAS SOME DOUBT IN YOUR N-400 APPLICATION ,OR NEED SOME MORE MATERIAL ,OR TIME TO VERIFY SOME INFORMATION .
JUST CONTACT THAT OFFICER TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION , INSTEAD OF DIGGING SOMEWHERE ELSE ,
I AM JUST TRYING TO BE HELPFUL,GOOD LUCK

i hope you understand that its not in my intention to offense anybody but just trying to be helpful as you are .

hi > > Menael,

WOuld you please tell us that after passed the interview which sentence you got on your Interview receipt??

1) "INS will send you a written decision about your application".

2) "A DECISION cannot yet be made about your application"

#1 or # 2 which one you got & which state are you in?

Regards

Maria

Hi, EMC
Try another congressman or a senator. what does it mean "they are afraid to push the INS?" If they don't want to push the INS, nobody else can. Your file is sitting somewhere on the shelf of your local INS office gathering dust. I had gone to two Congressmen and two Senators in my state. All of them contacted the INS, and only one took great responsibility for my matter and actually was able to achieve the desired result. Don't worry is somebody says: "they don't like it if you are contacting several represenatatives at once". What have you got to loose?

Good luck
God "bless" the INS. Even though my Oath is finally behind me I still get a heartburn when i think about my ordeal.
SV

thx sv303. however, i am really tired of all this process to the point that i do not even want to think about it. i will just sit idle since i know there are bunch of people in Texas having same problem. i am not alone. i have not heard anyone has ever got oath letter in Texas since Dec. Speak up, if you are exception so I could get nervous:)

One question, my wife will stop working in a couple of months for various reasons. In another word, my wife's legal status will expire in a couple of months. And she and I will definately leave country for a visit this summer. so the question is

1) if I file AP for her before her visa expiration, and she receive AP after her visa expiration, could she leave the country and reenter?
2) if AP filing and receiving all happen after her visa expiration, could she leave the country and reenter?
3) what is the 3/10 year rule? if she leaves US after her visa expiration, but within 6 months, could she come back immdiately with B2 or barred from reentry for certain time?

any recommendations? how about we leave US for the visit and she reenter with B2 and then I apply her 130+485?

thx.

Fact is ,

One of my neighbors got oath letter last week .

He got this letter after 5 weeks of interview date.

NY city area.

(Admin, Sorry to post it twice but I think this is the original and most popular thread)

Hi,

I am in the same situation as emc. Actually I got the oath letter for Dec 2002 from Dallas office but I was sent back from the ceremony due to the "Unknown reasons" or so called "Freeze".

I faxed INS a letter concerning this and got a phone called from INS stating they can not do anything as it’s up to the district office. Also got a letter stating "Your case is pending further background research regarding your fingerprints."

Case Status online doe not have any info and so does the phone system.

I don't know if it is the Dallas District or throughout the nation.

I know that I do not have any violations or civil/criminal charges but this is unfair as to hold people (maybe based upon your origin, race or religion due to the recent history)

I did call the senators office but no sufficient reply other than “Let INS do what they need to do and wait.”

I plan to do the same as emc but also like to get my A file (Form G-639) and talk to lawyer as why there has been no progress. If you are reading this and a lawyer, please shed some technical light on this.

Thanks for reading my frustration and please post your experiences in regards to the same situation in this thread.

==============================================
Here are some helpfull info.....

Case Status Online (No info available for me) : https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp;jsessionid=ayUWRkgxc7ke

Dallas District Office
8101 N Stemmons Freeway (I-35)
Dallas, TX 75247

Phone : (214) 381-1423 (Good Luck)
Fax : (214) 489-4049 (Did get a reply call)

Please read this before contacting your Senator/Congressman : http://www.immigration.com/communicationtips.html

Cornyn, John - (R - TX)
Class II
UNITED STATES SENATE WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-2934

Hutchison, Kay - (R - TX)
Class I
284 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-5922
Web Form: hutchison.senate.gov/e-mail.htm

:confused: :confused:

Also check out this.

U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison

Dallas
LB 606
10440 N. Central Expressway
Suite 1160
Dallas, Texas 75231
214-361-3500
214-361-3502 (FAX)

if your problem requires that Senator Hutchison contact a government agency on your behalf.

http://hutchison.senate.gov/casework.htm

desi_1, finally, end is in sight. i went to INS today and waiting for 3 hours. i was told that all pending oath (including mine) were processed this week and oath letter would be mailed out next week for sure. See? INS was busy on TPC case till 3/7 and starting on this week, they pull up the speed.

I guess you will get it by Friday next week. Good luck.

It has something to do with Nicaraga (misspelled?). Congress mandated that all cases related to Nicaraga should be finished by 3/7/03. Dallas DO was in bad shape on this so they stopped all other work to meet this deadline. This is what I heard. This is only Dallas DO problem. I guess there maybe lots of Nicaragas in Texas. All other Do seems OK with this.

Again what is 'Nicaraga'Does it have to do with a second security check? I'am waiting for the oath ceremony for almost 14 months now in New Orleans Louisiana.