Anyone got oath letter lately?

Thanks, folks. I cannot describe the feeling of releif I've been feeling since Monday :)

EMC
I'm in the process of filing adjustment for my mom who's currently in the US. What we did ahead of time was getting the photos done and getting her medical stuff taken care of. Medical cost us about $150 and took about an hour start to finish. You need regular immigration type photos for your wife alone (i.e. not two people in the picture). My attorney told me she needed 8 pix to apply for adjustment, EAD and a travel permit. INS filing fees for these stuff decreased recently, so that's good news for us. You may want to start working on the applications - there is a lot of stuff to file and a lot of questions to answer. I posted the links to the set of documents you need to prepare to petition and adjust your wife's status, look through my earlier posts on this thread (or some other threads back in Dec), or go directly to the INS website and get it from there.
Once we send my mom's papers in, I'll let you know where we filed. Good luck with your citizenship again
Let us know how it goes
SV

BTW, my attorney told me it takes about a year to adjust a parent (by the same token i infer a spouse also).
Sounds like a walk in the park, but with the INS you never know :)

thank you sv. I decide to start everything on 485 once i get oath letter. i do not concern too much on 485 timeline since as long as we get AP, it is not a big deal. one thing you need to know that your mom (assuming on B2) might be denied reentry even though she has AP if her AP is applied after her B2 expiration date. I do not know if POS compares two dates between AP application date with B2 expiration date OR AP approval date with B2 expiration date. If your lawyer knows, please let me know also though I do not think my parents want to live here. just in case.

Congratulations. I will sure see you around at 485 forum someday and follow your step. Thanks.

Hi, EMC
you are correct, my attorney advised me that my mom shouldn't travel past 6 mo after her I-94 expires, even with AP. She's not going anywhere anyways, so that's not a problem.

Good luck to you again
SV

hi, sv303, could you tell me in detail on what your lawyer says on travel? Can she travel if her AP application date is within 6 months after I-94 expiration? If the AP application date is before I-94 expiration date, but AP approval date is after I-94 date, can she travel? I have couple of friends in similar situation. I could alert them if you know details. thx.

Hello all,

I have been going through the same situation. I applied for N400 at Dalllas office. I got done with the interview around in Nov 2002 and was scheduled to take the oathin Dec 2002 but got pulled out last minute and told to wait till next date. Since then i am waiting for the letter and they don't know anything about the delay or where I am standing as far as oath is concern. Relly don't know the whole lot but after reading your posts, realize they took a dive and went to sleep again.

Please share your experinces and steps you took to find out the current status on your Oath. Especially in dallas.

Thanks.

Desi_1: i am with Dallas DO as well. Congressman's office told me that we will get letter between 2/15 and 2/28. So the hope is just around the corner.:) I forgot to ask him when he got this information. maybe you could try to ask this question again with them.

Desi_1/Emc1234

I recently applied my N400 at the dallas office. I feel sorry that it is taking a long time for another round of security check for you guys. Hopefully you will be scheduled for your oath shortly.

Could you guys do me a favor and post your timelines. My timelines are

processing date: 01/02/03

Fingerprinting date: 02/04/03

Interview notice date letter:

Interview date:

oath date:

dal123

Oath Letter from BOSTON??

Hi, Wanted to see if anyone has experence in the BOSTON DO regarding getting an Oath Ceremony Notice for N400 recently. My timeline is

PD:May29,2002
FP:Aug09,2002
Interview: Dec18,2002, Passed the test and interview
(No decision can be made check box)
Oath Letter: Not seen yet

Anybody in a similar situation in BOSTON? Or has anyone heard recently regarding their oath ceremony?

Thanks!
:confused:

N-400 Timeline (Dallas District)

Priority Date - 06/14/2002
Fingerprints Date - 07/25/2002
Interview Date - 11/04/2002
Oath Date - 12/14/2002
Oath Reschduled for - N/A

Thanks

Timeline (do not have paperwork with me, could not remember exact date)

PD: approx 8/10/02
FP: approx 9/20/02
Interview: approx. 12/10/02

I think there is only one congressman in Dallas. I went to Ms. Johnson. She has two offices here, one at Dallas, one at Irivng. If you ask his staff, I bet they will tell you same thing. But ask them when they knew it would be out by 2/28. If it is recent, it is a good sign.

As to the reason of second checkup. Following article by PRABAHA2000 is very good.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comme...alkin111402.asp

Based on this, I guess it does not surprise me if we would wait for more time. My A file is not in Dallas.

Thanks EMC1234 for the timelines also. Really appreciate it. I am in the same boat also like you. My wife is here and i need to apply for her I130 after I get my citizenship. I am hoping it will be soon that I can apply for her

Dal123

oath letter

emc: i am based in dallas and applied for n-400 close to ur date with my interview on the 10th of dec. so far no luck in getting the oath letter.

one of my friends waited in the early morning queue at the ins do to do his immigration enquiry and he asked about the time to get the oath letter after the interview [on my behalf]. The answer he got is zapping- 6 to 9 months from interview date! He did make it clear to the officer that he was not asking end to end but from interview to oath and got the same answer.

hope the congressman's reply holds true....

else, do u intend to do a field trip to the DO?

itoo

ok, itoo. now i feel not alone. at least you, me and desi_1 are on the same boat. i do not believe 6-9 months. actually, this is the answer i got when i did my interview because I was horrified to see officer marked "no decision" on the letter.

I suggest you and desi_1 goto congressman's office and confirm what I heard. and tell us what is the result. There is no waiting line there and staff is really nice.

As to INS, i do not want to go since, you know, it costs half day in the line and not much new.

Could you please tell me on your interview letter, did you get "congratulation" or "no decision at this time"? Thanks.

interview to oath

emc: looks like we are all in the same boat. i did get "no decision" ticked off on my interview form.

what is the address and name of the congresswoman? Will try my luck there to get help from that officer.

thanks

I have got a second oath notification. The first was scheduled for Dec 18, 2002 and was canelled by INS by phone notification on Dec 16th. This was followed up by a written notification.

Anyway the oath ceremony is for March 24 th, 2003 at Lansing, MI.

Date of Application: 2/12/02
Finger Prints : 4/29/02
Interview at Detroit : 11/29/02
First Oath Ceremony Date:12/18/02
Cancelled on : 12/16/02
Rescheduled : 3/24/03.

Hope it is not again cancelled or rescheduled - never know what to expect...

Good Luck to all others waiting for their dates...:rolleyes:

DIstrict office: New York City Federal Plaza INS office.
Vermont Service center

Interviewed : Last week of January, 2003

Did not get any oath letter yet ?

How long it will take to get a oath letter?