Anyone got oath letter lately?

late !!!!!!

I am still waiting for my oath letter more than 4 months........

Anyone is in my situation?

Please share any experience.

I am in NY City area........interviewed at Garden CIty INS office, NY

Late!!!!

I had my interview on Dec. 4th, 2002 and haven't received the oath letter yet! It has been more than 5 months!!!!!

I live in St. Louis, MO.

Anybody with similar experience?

PD: 5/30/2002
FP: 9/19/2002
Interview: 12/04/2002
Oath: still waiting.............

BCIS, district office and Nebraska misleading

Hi Sam P. Thank you for your reply. Did you mean, should I call to BCIS to that 800 number or Chicago office or Nebraska? Because Nebraska told me that my file was there. I need to call to Chicago office if I want to expedite the matter. Chicago office said the file is with Nebraska, so they will send whenever it comes. BCIS said that the processing time is 8 months. Do you know, does that make any difference if we go to chicago district office and fill out an inquiry form? Or is that as good as writing them? I wrote them, they replied me with pretyped letter that my fingureprinting has been processed by FBI, so wait. No congressman or senator is trying to help it seems. Please reply me with your experience.
Also, I have 2 months old child in India. Is there any way to process the file earlier or call my family here early any how?

Thanks,
ketpin

Unfortunately, having a 2 month old child abroad does not give you any right to expedite your application. However, you can explain that to your congressmen and senators and hopefully, they'll be able to help.

For the BCIS district office in Chicago, it is currently taking about 183-365 days between waiting time and swearing in.

answer from BCIS

Now the BCIS 1800-375-5283 can access the Service Center Status information.
I called this number & asked for what's going on my case.

They asked my ZIP code & told that my case should be done within 12 months, but it is already 16 months over...still waiting for oath letter.......They suggest me to INQUIRY to the District Office immediately where I was Interviewed.

Hello Maria,

Thank you very much for your reply. Also, any idea about how the process works? I applied at Nebraska for my N-400. FBI processed my fingerprinting. They told me that my file is still not in the queue. What does that mean? Once the file goes into the queue, it reaches to chicago district office. So, they told me to contact district office. District office told me to contact nebraska. It is not going anywhere. The most hopeless department in whole U.S. Oh well !!!! It's my un-fortune.

Thanks,

Thank you Gabby

Thanks Gabby.
I also tried to contact many congressman and senator's office. None of them are willing to provide proper help. One congressman's secretory even lied to me that INS put my file in queue on 10th april. When I asked at Nebraska service center, they said that's not true :(

Thanks,

Did you call them or write to them? I seem to recall one poster saying that he had to write to them 3 times before one of them took action. I hope that you'll get your interview soon.

Good luck :)

timeline

hi russ. mike,

would you please tell us your timeline?

i'm still waiting for more than 4 months for oath letter.................

I 'm in NY city area

Re: timeline

Originally posted by mariahoneyy
hi russ. mike,

would you please tell us your timeline?
I filed my N-400 in March of 2002
Fingerprints ---- April 2002
Interview ---- Feb. 04, 2003
Oath ---- Still waiting :(

Hi mariahoneyy,

Yes I did. The answer was 2-3 months. Besides, my father and I went to that interview together. He's got the oath letter in less than 2 months and already has the passport. I even went to that office and told them that I'm worried that my letter was lost in the mail. They gave me the form to fill out and told me that they will notify me by mail. That was more than a month ago. I have not received anything yet. The worst part is, that my fiancee is in Russia now and of course I can not file anything befor I'll get the passport.
By the way, anybody knows if I can leave USA for couple of weeks while I'm waiting for my oath? The link with that information would be nice to have.
Thanks.

Hi Russian Mike,

Leaving the US for a couple of weeks while waiting for your oath letter should not be a problem. However, you might want to have someone check your mail for you while you're gone just in case the oath letter comes during your trip.

This is something that I asked an immigration attorney a few months ago. However, I am sure that you can find this information on the web as well. Also, you can call an immigration to ask them this question. The huge majority of them would answer a simple question like this without charging you a fee.

Good luck :)

Hello Gabby,

Thanks for your reply. I came to know from Senator's office the following: He told me that he received a notification from Nebraska service center that my case has been put into the queue today to schedule an interview. Do you know how long does it take after being put into the queue to schedule for an interiview?
Thanks a lot.
Ketpin

Waiting period between being in the queue to be interviewed

Hello MaRIAhONEY,

Thanks for your reply. I came to know from Senator's office the following: He told me that he received a notification from Nebraska service center that my case has been put into the queue today to schedule an interview. Do you know how long does it take after being put into the queue to schedule for an interiview?
Thanks a lot.
Ketpin

Oath letter received:

PD: 9/27/02
FD: 11/12/02
Interview Date: 5/9/03
Oath Letter: 5/29/03
Oath Date: 6/24/03

Oakland, CA