Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

EB2 PD 05/2003.
I-485/765/131 applied for self and spouse on 08/03/2007, Texas Service Center.
I-140 applied 07/28/2007 at TSC.
Called USCIS customer service and found out our receipt numbers.

We read somewhere that CSC was receipting TSC applications, but looks like ours got receipted from Texas.

hi Sapota1,

which number you called and what was the navigation you went in to talk to representative?

thanks

Hi Navik_pathak,

We called 800-375-5283

Figure out the appropriate menu for the case status. At the first level Customer service they will want your receipt number to check your status. Tell them that you dont have your recpt number and then they will ask how long its been since it was filed. They will only transfer you to level 2 after its been 90 days of your filing...so just go ahead and say its been 90 days. Then they will transfer you to level 2 and they will ask for the recpt number and you tell them you dont have it. They will ask when you filed and again tell them its been more than 90 days and they willl pull up your records using your first and last name if its in the system already.

What next.

Got the receipt numbers of all from Legal. Can someone please provide some guidance on what happens next.

Specifically what would need to happen before we can visit motherland without messing up GC process.

Please respond.

Thank you,

Hi Navik_pathak,

We called 800-375-5283

Figure out the appropriate menu for the case status. At the first level Customer service they will want your receipt number to check your status. Tell them that you dont have your recpt number and then they will ask how long its been since it was filed. They will only transfer you to level 2 after its been 90 days of your filing...so just go ahead and say its been 90 days. Then they will transfer you to level 2 and they will ask for the recpt number and you tell them you dont have it. They will ask when you filed and again tell them its been more than 90 days and they willl pull up your records using your first and last name if its in the system already.

thanks....let me try this

EAD approved. Digital or film photo for AP?

Received "Card ordered" email for spouse's EAD application. Details in signature below.

Another thing: for AP, how critical is it to have a non-digital photo taken? The instructions mention not to use digital photo but its difficult to find a place that still uses film. I used a 2megapixel photo for my spouse's application and am hoping to get AP approved soon. I am also thinking of filing AP for myself.

If people with recent AP approvals can share some information, that would be great.

Checks clearing and I-485 acceptance

Hi,

I got the receipt for my I-485 but online message says like below

"On September 19, 2007, we rejected your fingerprint fee and mailed you instructions for how to submit the necessary payment. This case is now in suspense. Please submit your payment with our notice as soon as possible after you receive our notice so we may resume processing of this case."

and my attorney today just sent me an email saying your I-485 application got rejected. I found out that my employer check has a 60 day check expiration, may be that is the casue the check got rejected. I think even if USCIS rejects my case, I have the argument saying the delay has happened at USCIS on clearing my check in time but not from my side.

Let me know if you guys have any more ideas or suggestions on this.

Thx,
xxx.

DId my FP yesterday, it went smoothly.

Now I can see updates online for my cases:

"On September 10, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Cannot wait to see some more LUD's

Self & Wife
I-485 mailed Aug 01 '07-LUD 10/24/07 - pending
I-765 mailed Aug 01 '07-LUD 10/24/07-EAD card recd
I-131 mailed Aug 01 '07-LUD 10/21/07 AP recd

Kids
I-485 mailed Aug 01 '07-LUD 10/24/07 - pending
I-131 mailed Aug 01 '07-LUD 10/21/07 AP recd

Recd receipts
FP-Done 10/23/07
PD - Dec 2004
Waiting.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all...

for guys who mailed their package around Aug 10th or so..

My check got cleared on Friday evening..thats Oct 4th,485 mailed to NSC on Aug 7th or 8th..

I think they r sending all the checks in a whole bunch for depositing as one of my other friend who mailed it around the 14th Aug too got his check cleared on Friday...

I didnt get one

Hi all...

for guys who mailed their package around Aug 10th or so..

My check got cleared on Friday evening..thats Oct 4th,485 mailed to NSC on Aug 7th or 8th..

I think they r sending all the checks in a whole bunch for depositing as one of my other friend who mailed it around the 14th Aug too got his check cleared on Friday...

I mailed the package on Aug 9th. I am yet to receive receipt.Does the receipt also come in post. Apart from getting it from cheque.Any inputs.

I mailed the package on Aug 9th. I am yet to receive receipt.Does the receipt also come in post. Apart from getting it from cheque.Any inputs.

dont worry..check your bank acct on Mon/Tue...we gave a personal check so we could trace it..if it is a company check you have to follow up with your HR/accts which depends on the company again

the other side of my check had case# starting with SRC#...
the reciepts wil get mailed to the attorney..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope so

dont worry..check your bank acct on Mon/Tue...we gave a personal check so we could trace it..if it is a company check you have to follow up with your HR/accts which depends on the company again

the other side of my check had case# starting with SRC#...
the reciepts wil get mailed to the attorney..

Thanks for the response.The checks for 485/ead/ap my my personal checks. only 140 is the company cheque.Thank God for that.
I hope I get it soon too. Also I was worried about the fingerprint. My wife will be travelling on her parole.If I get a fingerprint appointment during her stay outside the country,what can i do?Any inputs.

How soon should I expect a notice for FP- I am worried

My application went to NSC on August 3rd. Receipts received on September 11th and check cashed as well. However I have not heard anything about the FP notice. From the general trends here, I have noticed that the FP notice is within a week or so of the recipt date/ check caseh. What should I do? Is this an expected delay?
Please advise!

Thanks for the response.The checks for 485/ead/ap my my personal checks. only 140 is the company cheque.Thank God for that.
I hope I get it soon too. Also I was worried about the fingerprint. My wife will be travelling on her parole.If I get a fingerprint appointment during her stay outside the country,what can i do?Any inputs.

You have two options:
1. Walk in: Just walk in to the assigned ASC, show the air tickets and request that the FP be done prior to the appointment date.
2. Reschedule: Once you get your FP notice, you may return the notice with a request to reschedule stating valid reason.

This is all interesting though. my applications were received on August 02, 2007. And I have already done fingerprinting. In fact, my fingerprinting was last friday. The LUD's on my cases are 10/05/07, which would mean the finger printings I suppose.

Send my application for I485/765/131 for me and my wife. Reached NSC on July26th 2007. Just received ours receipts on 10/05/2007 with Notice date of 10/01/2007.