Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

FP notice received

FP notice received.
FP scheduled on Oct. 20th
Filing date I485/EAD/AP - Aug 7 2007
Notice date - Sept 17

Weird

Send my application for I485/765/131 for me and my wife. Reached NSC on July26th 2007. Just received ours receipts on 10/05/2007 with Notice date of 10/01/2007.

Some people have weird time frames. I sent my applications and they were received on August 02, 2007.

Actually I was so lucky...my applications went in with the old fees and they received it on August 02, 2007 and still accepted it. I thanked God they accepted it.

What I don't get is that in a case like this one the dates are not so far from mine and for me I have already done my fingerprinting. Just awaiting some LUD's. Well I hope everything keeps on track for everyone, including myself.

I had tried this route today couple of times, both the times I was told by the automated system to call back between 8AM-6PM, Mon-Fri. Looks like they decided to put this standard message even on working days to avoid us.

Or I am not sure whether today is an holiday for USCIS?!

My 485/EAD/.... were fedex'ed out on July 30. The cheque cashing route is not an option for me, since my cheque's were issued by the lawyer's office, and <sarcasm> we all know how much they love to look-up this type of information for us </sarcasm> .

Sapota, thanks for sharing the tip with us.

Hi Navik_pathak,

We called 800-375-5283

Figure out the appropriate menu for the case status. At the first level Customer service they will want your receipt number to check your status. Tell them that you dont have your recpt number and then they will ask how long its been since it was filed. They will only transfer you to level 2 after its been 90 days of your filing...so just go ahead and say its been 90 days. Then they will transfer you to level 2 and they will ask for the recpt number and you tell them you dont have it. They will ask when you filed and again tell them its been more than 90 days and they willl pull up your records using your first and last name if its in the system already.

Hey guys I just saw LUD's for my I-485 and I-765 as 10/08/07. That's today. Message is still the same but LUD changed. So maybe it is a holiday, but they have people doing over time to cover up.

So I agree with them not taking calls today:)-)

I had tried this route today couple of times, both the times I was told by the automated system to call back between 8AM-6PM, Mon-Fri. Looks like they decided to put this standard message even on working days to avoid us.

Or I am not sure whether today is an holiday for USCIS?!

My 485/EAD/.... were fedex'ed out on July 30. The cheque cashing route is not an option for me, since my cheque's were issued by the lawyer's office, and <sarcasm> we all know how much they love to look-up this type of information for us </sarcasm> .

Sapota, thanks for sharing the tip with us.

Today is columbus day holiday at USCIS

I had checked the online status for my case# from the back of my check and the online status shows that the case was received on Oct 4th..not sure what it would be like on the actual reciept notices...so it looks like the 180days clock will start from Oct 4th.

180 days

I had checked the online status for my case# from the back of my check and the online status shows that the case was received on Oct 4th..not sure what it would be like on the actual reciept notices...so it looks like the 180days clock will start from Oct 4th.

Wait wait...what is this thing about 180 days? I don't get it:)-(

Originally Posted by StressTestInUSA

Wait wait...what is this thing about 180 days? I don't get it:)-(

May be for the EAD

485 FP fee Rejected

Kompiguy,

I am in the same boat. Although my lawyer says they filed with the correct fee. My 485 went thru fine with no issues, but the wife's one got rejected. What are you doing to fix this issue ? Can you please let me know ?
Thanks!

Hi,

I got the receipt for my I-485 but online message says like below

"On September 19, 2007, we rejected your fingerprint fee and mailed you instructions for how to submit the necessary payment. This case is now in suspense. Please submit your payment with our notice as soon as possible after you receive our notice so we may resume processing of this case."

and my attorney today just sent me an email saying your I-485 application got rejected. I found out that my employer check has a 60 day check expiration, may be that is the casue the check got rejected. I think even if USCIS rejects my case, I have the argument saying the delay has happened at USCIS on clearing my check in time but not from my side.

Let me know if you guys have any more ideas or suggestions on this.

Thx,
xxx.

Still no news

I hate the wait. I still didnt get the receipt. My cheques arent cashed either.
What is the 180 days rule?Is it the date the case is entered in service center database and receipt no issued or the date they received the case.
Any body who filed after Aug 10 get receipt.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

My documents were sent on Aug. 9th and no receipt yet. I am in the same situation as yours. Every day I check my bank account at least two times to see whether the checks are cashed. Please post here when you have an update.
What is the 180 days rule?Is it the date the case is entered in service center database and receipt no issued or the date they received the case.

Will do

My documents were sent on Aug. 9th and no receipt yet. I am in the same situation as yours. Every day I check my bank account at least two times to see whether the checks are cashed. Please post here when you have an update.

Sure,will do that. When did your lawyer tell you it reached the center?My lawyer told me that on Aug 16 . So it might have reached on Aug 15 .If i dont get by friday morning,I will try calling NSC.Why not try that route too.They are not approving green cards regularly. Not heard much about 140 approvals too. How much staff is allocated for this receipting job. Any idea.

My lawyer e-mailed me that he sent the documents via FedEx over night (he charged me extra $50 to do that). So, I assume NSC might have received them on Aug. 10. We have to wait at least 90 days before calling the service centers. Otherwise, the receptionists will not transfer your call to an IO. Only thing we could do now is keep waiting.
Sure,will do that. When did your lawyer tell you it reached the center?My lawyer told me that on Aug 16 . So it might have reached on Aug 15 .If i dont get by friday morning,I will try calling NSC.Why not try that route too.They are not approving green cards regularly. Not heard much about 140 approvals too. How much staff is allocated for this receipting job. Any idea.

August 02, 2007

I filed on August 02, 2007 and got my receipts on September 10

Got receipts but can not find any record in USCIS DB

I got my receipts but I am not able to find any record in USCIS database. My receipts have ND of 9/24.

Can I call USCIS ? If so then can someone pls share the number and option.

It looks like alot of cases including mine went to Texas though we mailed it to Nebraska S Center,I am assuming that SRC# should be from Texas as NSC case numbers start with LIN..

so this is the delay for many folks who mailed in the fag end of Aug 17th...

Re:

I got my receipts but I am not able to find any record in USCIS database. My receipts have ND of 9/24.

Can I call USCIS ? If so then can someone pls share the number and option.

You can call USCIS at this number : 1-800-375-5283, but you can verify that number on your receipt.

With my case I was not able to see any updates for a long time until I did my FP. In fact the cases were available the very same day that my FP was done. So that may just mean a little bit of patience on your part. Which I know you hate as much as I do:)-(