anyone filed for Labor in March (not Perm)

Hi Delicateone,

Your details are really interesting. You are already in Data Review stage which means prety soon u may get ur approval too....

Need Labor

T-05216-xxxxx
PD: 03/08/2005
Processing Type : TR
Case Source : State
Case Recieved Date : 03/08/2005
Case Status : Incomplete
45-day-letter : No
Screenschot : Recieved

Hello,

Who gets the case status? HR or attorney.
My case appiled from CA on March 24, 05 in EB2 category.

Please advise so that that I can request either of them.

Also anybody can advise me on what will be consequences if I apply under perm?

Thanks.

Little_Tongya,
Attorney is the one who receives all the info.
Also with PERM you need to show business necessity or should be a manager to qualify for EB2. If you can then your GC will be quick. If not then you will be in EB3 category and will have to wait for a long time to apply for I485 due to retrogession. Hope this helps
MoooonWalker

little_tongya said:
Hello,

Who gets the case status? HR or attorney.
My case appiled from CA on March 24, 05 in EB2 category.

Please advise so that that I can request either of them.

Also anybody can advise me on what will be consequences if I apply under perm?

Thanks.

Little_Tongya,
Attorney is the one who receives all the info.
Also with PERM you need to show business necessity or should be a manager to qualify for EB2. If you can then your GC will be quick. If not then you will be in EB3 category and will have to wait for a long time to apply for I485 due to retrogession. Hope this helps
MoooonWalker

Moonwalker,
Currently, RIR case is applied through the EB2 then what is difference in betwen perm and non perm?

How did you get the case status when you do not have case number?

Guys, please update when yopu receive the case number and applied after March 20.

Thanks,

little_tongya said:
Moonwalker,
Currently, RIR case is applied through the EB2 then what is difference in betwen perm and non perm?
Currently there is no RIR(After March 28 2005). PERM is the only option.

How did you get the case status when you do not have case number?
I am not sure how my attorney knows about the status. i guess the DOL fowards all the Appllications to Dallas BRC after a certain date since RIR no longer exists.
Guys, please update when yopu receive the case number and applied after March 20.

Thanks,

Good News

SEE THE FOLLOWING
30th August 2005, 02:18 PM

byakodv
Registered User Posts: 2

45-day letter received

i filed RIR in CA on Dec 14 2004. Transferred to Dallas BC on Aug 26, 2005.
does anybody know how are the processing times??

Keep this thread alive

Hello Guys,

We are all sailing in this boat(non-perm) so keep this thread alive and update each other.

I spoke to my attorney, she is telling that DOL has told thatbthey will sending 45 days letter by end of Sept. But she said, she is optimistic that DOL will postpone the dates.

Anybody has better idea? And guess how long will it take to get labor certified who have applied in month of March, 05?

Bye,

Labor receipt no.

My employer says they have applied for the GC(Labor) in March '05(around 26th) with the regular process(not perm) from NY/New Hampshire. They also mentioned that they have not received any receipt no. from the Labor department. When asked they said, not all the states issue the receipt.
1. Is this possible that some states do not issue receipt no. if applied in NY or New Hampshire??
2. I am not sure if they have applied or not, since there is no proof.
I heard from my friends who have filed from other states that no matter what once filed for labor we should recieve the receipt no.
So the big Question-- Has my employer filed for Labor????????

Please advice.Thanks

Almost none have received the File Number

tin1
to my knowledge we should receive the FIle number irrespective of the state filed. THat is the reference you will have to refer your case and track the status. We all have filed almost at the same time and most of us haven't received it yet. my lawyer says that the files have been fowarded to the BRC's. We should be receiving the file numbers once they enter the data. Currently there 100000 files of info yet to be entered in the system. Since we are the last ones we might also be the last ones to receive our receipt numbers. we were supposed to receive by end of Sept but BRC have extended that date further by 2 months i guess. Well has your employer filed is upto you to judge based on the info you find in this thread.
best of luck

tin1 said:
My employer says they have applied for the GC(Labor) in March '05(around 26th) with the regular process(not perm) from NY/New Hampshire. They also mentioned that they have not received any receipt no. from the Labor department. When asked they said, not all the states issue the receipt.
1. Is this possible that some states do not issue receipt no. if applied in NY or New Hampshire??
2. I am not sure if they have applied or not, since there is no proof.
I heard from my friends who have filed from other states that no matter what once filed for labor we should recieve the receipt no.
So the big Question-- Has my employer filed for Labor????????

Please advice.Thanks

Is screen shot possible

Hello guys,
I have seen that Delicateone got a screen shot of the application for the 7th year extension. But how is that we will be given a screen shot because we did not even finish one year after we applied for the labor.
Did anyone else try sending an email to Phili or Dallas who have applied in March for Labor to send a screen shot?
Also just to mention I did not get any kind of receipt yet from Phili.
----------
PD: March 24 2005
State: PA
Type: EB3/RIR

Screen shot will be provided only for 7th yr Extension

sktripuraneni,
Screen shot will be provided onyl to those who need 7th yr extension. I have seen some info on this on Murthy.com a while back. but its been specifically mentioned not to request the screen shot for anything else other than for 7th yr extension. doing so would cause delay the process for those who genuniely need it

sktripuraneni said:
Hello guys,
I have seen that Delicateone got a screen shot of the application for the 7th year extension. But how is that we will be given a screen shot because we did not even finish one year after we applied for the labor.
Did anyone else try sending an email to Phili or Dallas who have applied in March for Labor to send a screen shot?
Also just to mention I did not get any kind of receipt yet from Phili.
----------
PD: March 24 2005
State: PA
Type: EB3/RIR

Not my intention!!!

moonwalker,
It is not my intention to get a screen shot for the sake of it. I just wanted to touch base and see if any one of you have done it who have applied in March, and if yes what does the information in it say

Anybody have any updates?

I heard they would at least acknoledge the receipt of applications by the end of Oct, but it seems no positive results at all. Anybody any news about the whereabouts of your appl please share with us, thank.

Nothing yet

I havent heard anything either from my attorney or the employer. So I guess there is no news yet. It is really a mess and Im now scared whether DOL has received my app or not.
In the mean time did anyone of you apply PERM and had any success??
Thanks

I guess

Look like DBEC has reach RIR Cases up to PD Nov./ Dec. 2003 approx. I am surfing this forum since March 2005 and according to my observation since May 2005 to October 2005 DBEC almost cleared entire 2002 and 2003 RIR Cases .

24 months RIR cases in 6 months. I know that now in year 2004 and 2005, 58% cases are SWA so these cases will take more time even though I hope DBEC will keep the same speed or work even faster. There are people like late_twenties got their approval without 45 Day letter. I am optimistic that we should get our approvals in 9 to 12 months from today.

Mean while if anybody with PD 2005 gets a screen shot for 7th year extension or receives 45 Day Letter please post the updates here. I would like to suggest that please do not ask for screen shot if you don't need an extension.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
March 2005 before PERM

MY LC is filed on March 25 2005 .from Kansas .

Im not sure where its now ?

Is there anyway we can make sure that LC case is in BECs?

Delicateone,

when/how did you get to know they received your appl. on the day you indicated in your signature? Thanks.

Delicateone said:
Look like DBEC has reach RIR Cases up to PD Nov./ Dec. 2003 approx. I am surfing this forum since March 2005 and according to my observation since May 2005 to October 2005 DBEC almost cleared entire 2002 and 2003 RIR Cases .

24 months RIR cases in 6 months. I know that now in year 2004 and 2005, 58% cases are SWA so these cases will take more time even though I hope DBEC will keep the same speed or work even faster. There are people like late_twenties got their approval without 45 Day letter. I am optimistic that we should get our approvals in 9 to 12 months from today.

Mean while if anybody with PD 2005 gets a screen shot for 7th year extension or receives 45 Day Letter please post the updates here. I would like to suggest that please do not ask for screen shot if you don't need an extension.

Thanks

Case Number 05211- that is 30th July, 2005 (211th day of 2005)

greeneyes4gc said:
Delicateone,

when/how did you get to know they received your appl. on the day you indicated in your signature? Thanks.

From the screen shot and Case Number 05211
that is 30th July, 2005 (211th day of 2005)

Please check my old post dated August 10, 2005 from same thread
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1221844&postcount=34

I am on my 7th year extension since yesterday. My HR Department ask for screen shot couple of months ago. At that time Case status was the part of
screen shot now I think BEC removed that line as it is not require for extension anyway. For extension one just need to prove that the PD which should be 365 days older than your H1B 7th year anniversary.

Please check my previous posts from threads if you want to know more
H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending
Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking and
Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking - SWA Cases

I hope this will help

Hi Delicate_One,
Is the date filed (Sometime in March 05) the Priority Date or is it when the BRC actually opens and Assigns a file number ? I was under the assumption that it was when filed gets a case ID assigned.
Also if priority date is the date when we send out the application? how can that be proved? does the attorney has some confirmation number?
Thanks,
Moooonwalker (But GC hunt made me walk in Sun ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
PD is the date when you file your application with local SWA Office

moooonwalker said:
Hi Delicate_One,
Is the date filed (Sometime in March 05) the Priority Date or is it when the BRC actually opens and Assigns a file number ? I was under the assumption that it was when filed gets a case ID assigned.
Also if priority date is the date when we send out the application? how can that be proved? does the attorney has some confirmation number?
Thanks,
Moooonwalker (But GC hunt made me walk in Sun ;) )

Moooonwalker ,

PD is the date when you file your application with local SWA Office. Some one here is curious how I manage to get the extension with latest PD? Actually I filed TR labor case in June 2004 then convert it into RIR in March 2005. I filed my extension California service center with older TR Case with PD June 2004. After that my attorney informed BEC to withdraw the old case. As this is not a PERM Case but an ordinary RIR I lost the old PD. Now my PD is March 2005.

If you mail or FedEx the packet then the date the office received it is your aprrox. PD. You or your employer or your attorney should have delivery confirmation from USPS, UPS or FedEx. That evidence is also good enough to prove that your labor is filed to local SWA. But I have seen people in this forum they hand delivered the packet and a lady from local SWA office accepted it. I don’t understand how come she did not give him any receipt at least a submittal confirmation with a date stamp. Any government or even private companies does that. They just stamped a paper, a letter head or something saying we received this packet today.

Later the SWA office sends an acknowledgement with your Case number, Name of Alien, Name of Employer and actual PD ( it might differ by couple of days than delivery confirmation) etc. Case received date by BEC is not PD, they show that date on screen shot just for their own record. But because SWA Offices did not even open the boxes and cases filed in March 2005 got transferred to BEC immediately, I think nobody got the acknowledgement. If you do not have any acknowledgement from your local EDD Office (SWA Office) then you got no option but to wait for 45 Day Letter. But there are people like late_twenties got their approval without 45 Day letter. So I don’t know what to do? We can only wait and pray.

Or if you need to file for an H1B extension then you can ask for screen shot. BEC gets annoyed these days by false inquiries though. They have removed Case Status from screen shot but one can find the PD and Case number that are good enough. California service center at Laguna Niguel accepts the delivery confirmation receipt from USPS, UPS or FedEx or the acknowledgement from your local EDD Office for H1B extension. But I think unfortunately in some cases they ask for more documents. That’s why I like to request please don’t annoy BEC people. Few of our friends might get into trouble because of our one wrong move. Anyway we can’t expect much from these government agencies so let’s help each other and try to get out of this mess.