anyone filed for Labor in March (not Perm)

sktripuraneni said:
Couple of my friends who have filed their labor approx march 23rd got their receipt numbers (im not sure if the BEC numbers or not). They have filed their labor from Michigan.
I have spoken to my lawyer and he said he did not receive my case number yet. I dont know what is the criteria in sending these case numbers. Hopefully we will receive them too and let us be prepared for the looooooooong wait.
In the mean time is any one of you thinking about moving to perm or talk to your attorenys. Post me your opinion on that
sktri,
Do you have any more details on this.
My guess is they will most probably be BEC receipts. Can you find out when did they receive the case numbers. Michigan cases went to Dallas.

I came across this thread with March(non Perm filing). Mine was filed on March 25th in EB3 RIR. Even though I am eligible for EB2(B.E computers +6.5 years exp prior to my current job) my lawyer filed under EB3 with the justification that EB2 requires a Managerial role and wage shoud be around 90K. Here are the answers I got to a couple of questions I asked my lawyer. Might be helpful for others in the same boat....

Q. Can I start a new labour certification under EB2(PERM) and continue my existing one under EB3 with the same employer as EB3 is retrogressed for citizens of India.
A. The Dept. of Labor has lowered the standard requirements for many jobs and not all IT positions fall in the EB2 category unless the job is a Managerial job. The only way you can file a new application under PERM in EB2 is if your employer wanted to sponsor you as a Manager and the prevailing wage would be around $90,000.

Q. So it is possible to have 2 applications going with the same employer, one under EB3 and one under EB2(Any risks in doing so).
A. It's possible to have the 2 different applications

Not sure what to do, but please keep this thread active with your valuable opinions/findings.

7th year extension

pinkfloyd2000 said:
ince we have not heard anything from the BEC's regarding our case how do we go about the 7th year extension on the bassis that labor was filed 365 days in advance. I hope we somehow should be able to avail this on the basis that we actually mailed the application

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa,
please send an e-mail to:

Dallas or Philadelphia Resp.

h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us

H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US

My RIR case was file on March 15 to MA. I sent an email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US two weeks ago but haven't received response yet. It's not time to file 7th year extension yet, but I'd like to get some proof that they did receive my case. It makes me nervous thinking that with all the case shipping and transfer going on, cases might get lost.

Anybody who has received email response fron the PHI center yet? Thanks.

case number

I am glad that this thread is open. My application was filed on the 26th of March.
I am very new to this process.
can anyone explain how the whole labour certification process works? I presume from reading this thread, that the first letter I should expect would be sometime in Sept. from the BEC whihc would give me a case number. Is that correct?
Is there a difference between case no and file no or they both mean the same thing?
I haev been reading a lot about 45-day letter. What does that mean?
One of the persons mentioned that for people who filed just before the last date(03/27/05), be ready to wait for at least 3 years for the approval. Is that true? Sounds scary.........

GoodLuck2711,
Case no and File No are the same. well from what we heard BEC would be taking considerable time to open our files and send us a case number. As of now no one knows when these will get processed though the target was to clear these cases within 2yrs from March 2005. But as always these dates can't be trusted. Being at the tail end expect atleast 2yr or more but be optimistic. Do keep us posted if you ever get to know any information. Anyone know any more information as yet?

Hello moooonwalker,

As you were telling that it might take about 2 years to receive approval. Will this time applies for both EB2 and EB3?

Thanks

little_tongya,
LC approval time is independent of EB2/EB3. Approval time may vary for RIR and Non-RIR( also known as TR) because of processing differences.

EB2/EB3 might have same processing times.

Little_Tongya,
From the knowledge i have accumulated going through various immigration websites and through my lawyer, 2yrs time frame was given by the USCIS when perm was introduced.

abzy2004,
Though EB2 is supossed to have edge over EB3 and RIR over Non-RIR, the current BRC policy is FIFO (First In First Out). Though there might be seperate bins(I doubt though) for each category, there would hardly be any difference in processing times. But If one has applied in EB-2 and approved they hopefully can appy I-485 if there is no Retrogession. EB-3 already is facing Retrogession.

Hope this info Helps.

Moooonwalker

mooonwalker

thanks for the repl.
Q-you mentioned 2 years as the time frame. Is that the ampount of time it will take to get the case number?
Also-what is the difference between RIR and non-RIR cases? Does one of them get preference over the other?
I was going through this website and it mentioned that State and Federal processing times vary and that and that every case goes through bot h State and Federal....so does that mean that it would take 2 years to get through the state and then more time to get through the federal?

It has been more than 3 months since my LCA was filed in EB2 category from New Hampshire. It was filed before the perm came into effect. Till now I have not heard anything from my lawyer regarding my application. Has anybody got any information regarding the labour filed in the month of March 2005(i.e before perm came into effect).
If anybody has got some information please help me out.

I got Case No.

costakurodu said:
It has been more than 3 months since my LCA was filed in EB2 category from New Hampshire. It was filed before the perm came into effect. Till now I have not heard anything from my lawyer regarding my application. Has anybody got any information regarding the labour filed in the month of March 2005(i.e before perm came into effect).
If anybody has got some information please help me out.

I got screen shot for 7th Year Extention from BEC yesterday. It was not fake inquiry by the way.
Screen shot received within 12 hours after request from Philadelphia
My HR Department sent email to both Dallas and Philadelphia

I got Case No. D-05211-XXXXX
PD MARCH, 2005

Delicateone said:
I got screen shot for 7th Year Extention from BEC yesterday. It was not fake inquiry by the way.

PD MARCH, 2005

Hey Is it from Dallas or Philadelphia? Your Case number starts with "D" which should mean its in Dallas.

No Case number yet

I checked with my attorney, no Case number yet but application has been fowarded to Dallas from Chicago

Everyone who responds in this thread please include the following info in every post so we can track the progress.

Applied: March 25th RIR EB2 Chicago

Hi Moonwalker,
How do you know that your case been forwarded to Dallas. Did your attorney called somebody at dallas or did you sent an email to dallas center for screen shot.

What's your PD

Delicateone said:

PD MARCH, 2005

Delicateone,
Can you please tell what's your exact priority date. What date of March. What state your case was filed from? Whether its RIR/Non-RIR EB2/EB3.

Looking at the case no looks like your case was completely entered in the system on 30th of July. Have you recieved the 45 day letter yet.

Thanks

Hi Kram,
I send out and email to my attorney and she responded back that my application has been forwarded to Dallas. I am not sure how they got to know the information though.

Kram said:
Hi Moonwalker,
How do you know that your case been forwarded to Dallas. Did your attorney called somebody at dallas or did you sent an email to dallas center for screen shot.

Details in Signature

pinkfloyd2000 said:
Delicateone,
Can you please tell what's your exact priority date. What date of March. What state your case was filed from? Whether its RIR/Non-RIR EB2/EB3.

Looking at the case no looks like your case was completely entered in the system on 30th of July. Have you recieved the 45 day letter yet.

Thanks

Check Details in Signature