anyone filed for Labor in March (not Perm)

Thanks Delicateone for taking time to explain clearly. Hope my lawyer has the receipt confirmation of my file.
I'm basically an opponent too for requesting Screen shots of the case and have been advertising the same in this thread too. The less we send inquiries to the BEC the more faster is the application process. I request the same from everyone on the same boat too until and unless there is a real dire need.

Any Updates

Hello My CO GC Pursuers, Did anyone receive any update on their file status? this seems to be a ridiculous long wait. Please keep us all updated with any updates and keep the thread alive. Believe this is the only thread in this forum to discuss our cause.

Nothing but silence, wait and patience

moooonwalker said:
Hello My CO GC Pursuers, Did anyone receive any update on their file status? this seems to be a ridiculous long wait. Please keep us all updated with any updates and keep the thread alive. Believe this is the only thread in this forum to discuss our cause.
I agree with you but I have nothing but silence and wait to share. Got to be patient and more patient. Sad, I'm getting older in the long long wait.

Any updates or news!!!

Hello guys
Have you heard of any new news for the people who have applied in the Month of March.
Im still in a state where, Im not sure if I have done right or wrong applying in March.
Sometimes I feel I should have waited for the PERM to come in and sometimes I feel, the sooner the better, again there is no perfect answer I guess. Is anyone of you considering moving your existing application to PERM??
Let us keep this thread active atleast for a few more months.

I'm acually looking into the chance to file a perm petition and retain the PD date, however, I have no idea where my paper application is or what the PD date is, so it could be a problem to port the PD date to perm.

I would say it is better to wait until the Law is passed for recapture of the EB visas and ability to file 485 even if the visas are not available.
Else whether the delay is at the labor stage or at the 485 is one and the same.
And yeah the issue of the status of our application still "hangs in air"
Accordingly DOL reported that the data entry and the 45 days process will be done by June 2006.
So I guess the wait is more now
we will see how things move

application filed in march

I still have no news about the status of my appliication filed in March. I don't even know where my application is right now?
Q- can anyone explain to me what the 45 day letter is? And what is it's relation to the case number? Are they one and the same?

Sample 45-day letter

goodluck2711 said:
I still have no news about the status of my appliication filed in March. I don't even know where my application is right now?
Q- can anyone explain to me what the 45 day letter is? And what is it's relation to the case number? Are they one and the same?

See the attachment you will find the sample 45-day letter. In this letter you will find your details like your Name-address, Employer's name- address, Job Title, Description, wage etc. and you will also receive a Case number.

Those who are on H1b extension got screen shot from BEC and thats why they got the case number. Screen shot is just a information of your case, that it is filed with BEC and they have it in their system. BEC sends 45 Day letter to attorney and employer to find out wheather or not your employer is willing to continue the sponsership. If you don't need H1b extension then you have no option but to wait for 45 day letter.

Please read the prevoius posts in this thread and you will understand.

Very Interesting News

This is a real good news I guess, things have finally started to move (atleast on the 45 day letter front), I think we need to wait for a couple more months before any progress might be seen in this particular thread to share "proper information"
Keep us updated if you find any such "good/bad" news

file #

I have applied in march2004 and I ahve still no recd anything. If you have time you can go to www.flcdatacenter.com and download all the excel file for cases. You will have to search there I have been able to locate my case but no number assigned to it!!!! Bahut ho gya intezaar.....ab to bas honey ko ayee...

As I told you all in my previous post that I filed my labour on March 2005(before PERM) and till today I have not heard anything from my employer or from my lawyer. My Labour was filed from NH in EB2.
I have not recieved the file number nor the 45 day letter.
If I now move my labour to PERM, can I retain my priority date as March 2005, or I have to file a new labour application under PERM.
Can anybody help me out.

costakurodu said:
As I told you all in my previous post that I filed my labour on March 2005(before PERM) and till today I have not heard anything from my employer or from my lawyer. My Labour was filed from NH in EB2.
I have not recieved the file number nor the 45 day letter.
If I now move my labour to PERM, can I retain my priority date as March 2005, or I have to file a new labour application under PERM.
Can anybody help me out.

Per discussion with my attorney, you can covert existing case from Backlog to PERM, but what im not sure is how is that the case can be converted to PERM without anything (not even receipt number).. I think it is wise to wait until you get atleast 45 day letter to think about conversion. As such there is no real gain at this point having the labor cleared because of the retrogression

sktripuraneni said:
Per discussion with my attorney, you can covert existing case from Backlog to PERM, but what im not sure is how is that the case can be converted to PERM without anything (not even receipt number).. I think it is wise to wait until you get atleast 45 day letter to think about conversion. As such there is no real gain at this point having the labor cleared because of the retrogression
I agree. This is probably the safest, though conservative, way. And if you really need the proof for 7th year extension, people said they responded to those inquiries.

hopefully before June 2006

greeneyes4gc said:
Too early. I think we've got to wait till the second half of this year.

From the info on Murthy.com I think we will have to keep our fingers crossed until June 2006 though BEC expects to get this done before the target date.

45 day letter

At last I was able to get the 45 day letter for my labour processing.

P-05216-XXXXX
PD: 3/23/05
Processing Type: RIR(EB2)
Case Source: State (NEW HAMPSHIRE)
Case Received Date: 1/09/06

Good news.

costakurodu said:
At last I was able to get the 45 day letter for my labour processing.

P-05216-XXXXX
PD: 3/23/05
Processing Type: RIR(EB2)
Case Source: State (NEW HAMPSHIRE)
Case Received Date: 1/09/06
This is the first piece positive news I've heard about the application filed in 3/2005. No doubt it raises our hope again. Let's keep it up.