Anyone file PERM today?

OK, alternately you could let us know what state (you are in or ) the LC for your position was filed from. Then we can gather which center it went to as well.
Thanks a lot.
michvin said:
Don't know really. My lawyer did all the paperwork.

gc_2006 said:
OK, alternately you could let us know what state (you are in or ) the LC for your position was filed from. Then we can gather which center it went to as well.
Thanks a lot.
It's New York.

Certified

PERM application certified.

C-05166-XXXX
Filed on: June 29th, 2005
Certified on: Oct 14th, 2005

What’s important here is that I have a case pending in DBRC and have received a 45 day letter. So for all those people who were told you have to pick one, well you don’t.

Hello Febo4, did you file PERM as new case or conversion case with RIR PD? Thank you, LHM818
Feb04 said:

C-05166-XXXX

What’s important here is that I have a case pending in DBRC and have received a 45 day letter. So for all those people who were told you have to pick one, well you don’t.

Are you IT?

Did you apply in IT please confirm?

Feb04 said:

C-05166-XXXX

Feb04 said:
It was in IT.

No it was not a conversion.
Hello Feb04,

Congratulations!! on your 1st step achivement, do you know which priority date do you carry? Is it from the RIR or PERM (June29'05)? My lawyer told me that if the job description, position, qualification etc. does not differ in PERM compared to RIR, one is allowed to carry the PD from RIR. Can you please tell me what happened in your case? Also, do you know if it impacts anything for those who are in 7th yr H1b extension?

Thanks in advance

My RIR and PERM applications are not same. I have not spoken with my lawyer about it either, but when I do I'll let everyone know.

I don't think this has any impact on H1b.

Feb04 said:
My RIR and PERM applications are not same. I have not spoken with my lawyer about it either, but when I do I'll let everyone know.

I don't think this has any impact on H1b.
ok thanks for your reply, I certainly look forward to hear more about your progress. And Wish you Good luck !!

Still waiting

I got one application pending DBEC (PD 2002 Sept.) Got 45 DL on March 05 and Replied. Applied PERM on Sept. Right now in "In process". Does anyone know if PD from first application will be trasffered to the PERM application if the job posting is exactly same with the same employer. I haven't canceled the first application. I heard that the Labor department will automatically verify each application whether there is another pending application on BEC center.
Any suggestiong will be appreciated.
And any idea about how long it is going to take to certified the PERM application after the "In Process" and "phone call" fom Labor department?
It is Chicago Case.
Thanks

Unless it is explicitly specified in the PERM case that a previous PD should be retained, it will NOT be retained...

Also, yes there has been some talk before that they would check if you have a pending labor cert in the BEC and automatically withdraw if PERM was approved or vice versa...DOL retracted that rule before being actually applied...

alas the way Chicago handles cases for the moment you may be certified via the BEC before PERM...which is in fact might be good since your PD will be quite old...

PERM filed:
Finally, my PERM application was filed Monday.

Software Engineer (supposedly EB-2), MS + 0
H-10: No
H-12: No
Wage Level: 2
Processing Center: Atlanta
Priority Date: 10/2005

Current Status: 'In Process'

Now the wait begins...

Time Frame Info

My sister is working at one of the largest software company in the US - consulting division. Three years ago, this division was owned by one of the big four accounting firms and sold to the current company. Now, the current company is in the process of sponsoring her for her green card thru PERM. Her deadline for labor cert to be file so her H1-B can be extended, is the end of this December (2005). Her H1-B (this is the 6th year) will be expired on January 2007. So, to extend her H1-B (7th) year, the labor cert has to be filed by the end of incoming December.

My questions are:
- Does my sister have time for her labor cert filing completed by the end of December 2005 while her sponsoring company is just starting the process: approval, preparing paper work for their lawyer, and advertisement and interview processes have not been started?
- How long does labor cert filing take from the starting process until it is filed?
- Work experience: will she have the working experience issue for the labor cert filed since she is gaining substantial work experience within the sponsoring company? How does it affect to her labor cert toward the experiences gained in the sponsoring company? How do the work experience s obtained at her business division while it was owned by the prior company before acquired by the current sponsoring company? How do these situations affect the possible approval or denial of labor cert?

Thank you for your help

the time depends on the company and lawyer. usually, one needs 30 days of job order + 30 days waiting after that; so 60 days minimum.
in addition there is pwd request from SWA, other 3 recruitment efforts; it is close... but doable. recapture of time spent outside the US on vacation is an option.

it is a good question if one can use the exp gained with an employer that then merged with some other company. has the employer id# for records with the IRS changed? then I suppose you can... check with the attorney.
if she has MS already, go with EB2 without giving additional consideration to the experience.

gcintent said:
My sister is working at one of the largest software company in the US - consulting division. Three years ago, this division was owned by one of the big four accounting firms and sold to the current company. Now, the current company is in the process of sponsoring her for her green card thru PERM. Her deadline for labor cert to be file so her H1-B can be extended, is the end of this December (2005). Her H1-B (this is the 6th year) will be expired on January 2007. So, to extend her H1-B (7th) year, the labor cert has to be filed by the end of incoming December.

My questions are:
- Does my sister have time for her labor cert filing completed by the end of December 2005 while her sponsoring company is just starting the process: approval, preparing paper work for their lawyer, and advertisement and interview processes have not been started?
- How long does labor cert filing take from the starting process until it is filed?
- Work experience: will she have the working experience issue for the labor cert filed since she is gaining substantial work experience within the sponsoring company? How does it affect to her labor cert toward the experiences gained in the sponsoring company? How do the work experience s obtained at her business division while it was owned by the prior company before acquired by the current sponsoring company? How do these situations affect the possible approval or denial of labor cert?

Thank you for your help

tusharvk said:
in addition there is pwd request from SWA, other 3 recruitment efforts ...

my paper ad is given a month back
job order not placed yet

what else needs to be done?

what are the papers required by the attorney to file job order?

my lawyer is not putting job order, i dont know why...