Anyone file PERM today?

Filed for Labor.

I understand that it does not make much of difference if we are EB3 or EB2 when we are in labor certification stage, but it is does make a difference when we are in I-140 and I-485 stage right? so if we have to correct the error from changing from EB3 to EB2 when and how can that be made?

support.gc said:
Filed for Labor.

I understand that it does not make much of difference if we are EB3 or EB2 when we are in labor certification stage, but it is does make a difference when we are in I-140 and I-485 stage right? so if we have to correct the error from changing from EB3 to EB2 when and how can that be made?
I *think* it's defined in the position requirements on the PERM application.
What you had there? Bs. +5 or MS?
Hope that anyone else will correct me if i'm wrong.

> What you had there? Bs. +5 or MS?

My Data: I have a
a) BS in BioChemistry + Couple of certifications in Computer Technologies
b) 5.5 years experience as a Software Eng/Analyst/programmer "BEFORE I joined my current company"
c) My labor was filed last month and I am still waiting for a approval.

I hope my company lawyer did not screw up by filing my GC under EB3 even I was qualified to be a EB2? How can this be corrected?

support.gc said:

b) 5.5 years experience as a Software Eng/Analyst/programmer "BEFORE I joined my current company"
By "what you had there?" i ment not your education, but what your lawyer stated as a requrements for this position - you know, "education requred" in the perm application?

support.gc said:
I hope my company lawyer did not screw up by filing my GC under EB3 even I was qualified to be a EB2? How can this be corrected?
You can't fire your lawyer, right?

do you know the job code? if you go to onet (online.onetcenter.org) you can find your job drcription and the education required. That would define EB2/EB3.

support.gc said:

EB2 can be BS + 5 y. you can do it if the ONET says that it is acceptable for your job. it is not easy to find a job like that, and sometimes you have to go through lots of explanations why your company need 5 years ,and why 4 is not enough. (which will downgrade the case to EB3). thats why most lawyers will go for EB3 automaticaly without working too much.
Under PERM, you dont have to say if you apply for EB2 or 3, BUT, the way you put your case and make your ads, say exactly what it is. thats why you can not change it later to EB2 (only if you set your case to EB2, you might later change it EB3, but who will do that theses days...)

Last edited by a moderator:
What does Certified means?

Hi,

I got my Perm status online, and my status has changed from 'In Process' to 'Certified'. Is that means my LC get Approved?

Thanks
Tao

Hi,

when did you apply / what processing center?

tyang101 said:
Hi,

I got my Perm status online, and my status has changed from 'In Process' to 'Certified'. Is that means my LC get Approved?

Thanks
Tao

Sponsorship email question

I filed for PERM in Chicago Center on Nov 14, 05 (EB2 - masters + 2 years)

I have not recieved a sponsorship email yet - my understanding is that you get one within 24 hrs of applying. Does anyone know if the email goes to my manager or company immigration rep?

I do not have access to the online status case - I can ask my lawyer to check and see the status - but should I be worried that I did not recieve the sponsorship email 2 days into the application?

Thx.

Employer agreed to file for labor

Hello

I am new to this process. have absolutely no knowledge. Please guide me.

The employer today said he will innitiate the labor process.

1. What is required from my side? If the employer asks for money then how much is reasonable?

2. My employer is detroit based, my client and I am based in Chicago. where would it be filed from?

3. What is my category, code etc.

H1 approved as a software engineer. Salary around 60 K. First Master's in English lang. Second Master's in IS from Chicago, Third MBA (currently halted) from Chicago.

1st H1 approval last year in Jan 2004.
H1 transfer in June 2005.

Please answer my queries and help me. What should I know, where to find answers from?

Thanks

starzborn2000 said:
I filed for PERM in Chicago Center on Nov 14, 05 (EB2 - masters + 2 years)

I have not recieved a sponsorship email yet - my understanding is that you get one within 24 hrs of applying. Does anyone know if the email goes to my manager or company immigration rep?

I do not have access to the online status case - I can ask my lawyer to check and see the status - but should I be worried that I did not recieve the sponsorship email 2 days into the application?

Thx.

As soon as the PERM case is filed. an email goes to the company rep ( to whose ever, the email is marked for the person who is representing your company. he needs to answer all the 4 questions to yes, ike are you sponsoring this employee, are you aware that this application is been filed etc" As soon as the employer rep answers all the question he will get another email saying that the application will be process and they will let us know a decision on the case.
Thnaks

Certified means...

tyang101 said:
Hi,

Thanks
Tao
Congratulations...Certified mean they have approved and you attorney / employer will get a the original approval notice via mail.

When was your case initially applied?
Was it a re-file case?
Do you know any one had done a re-file case and got approved.
Re-file means, that was pending application in the old system, and while applying for PERM, we will ask them to keep the same priority date since the old case was similar to the new case.
How long it took for to move from different status under PERM.
Thanks

Is Any one filed today in Atlanta

Hi Guys,

Is any one files PERM case in Atlanta today with EB2 category. Please let me know you case status.

Regards,

Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=4241&congress=109

click above link and send the below letter to your local house member

Dear Member of Congress,

Ø As we begin Fiscal Year 2006, America’s long-term economic health must be at the forefront of our nation’s legislative agenda. I am writing to alert you to several issues that we believe pose a significant threat to U.S. competitiveness and economic security. Leading business and scientific organizations recently warned that the United States is in danger of losing its innovative edge. Lagging student interest in math, science and engineering, coupled with a pattern of reduced government investment in basic research in the physical sciences are troubling indicators for the future. These disturbing trends must be reversed.

Ø As we continue efforts to grow our pipeline of American scientists and engineers, we need to enable U.S. companies recruiting at U.S. universities to have access to all the graduates – including foreign students. For example, in electrical engineering, 56 percent of master’s and 66 percent of the PhD graduates of U.S. programs in 2004 were foreign students. We should open the doors wide to these talented individuals. Unfortunately, current U.S. Government policies are going in the exact opposite direction. If U.S. businesses are not able to hire or retain these employees, our overseas competitors will.

Ø The green card process also needs reform to enable employers to hire and retain the best qualified individuals in sufficient numbers. We believe that those individuals with the education, experience, knowledge and skills critical to U.S. competitiveness in the 21 st Century should be granted priority permanent resident status. Such reforms would significantly assist U.S. employers in retaining that talent, as well as alleviate the overwhelming demand for H-1B visas. USCIS’ efforts to reduce application backlogs have created another problem – unavailability of permanent visas, frequently called “green cards.” As of October 1, 2005, the State Department has set the clock backward – adding years to the wait for a green card for thousands of foreign professionals from countries such as India, China and the Philippines. The impact of the new restrictions will make it nearly impossible for these highly educated and skilled workers to gain permanent residence in the United States in the foreseeable future. Moreover, the recent unavailability of visas will force thousands of professionals to put their lives on hold, with the inability to change jobs, locations or employers.

Ø To make matters worse, many of these professionals – including researchers, scientists, teachers and engineers – will see their wait for permanent residency drag on for many more years. Our system of backlogs, delays and unpredictability is discouraging and unwelcoming, forcing many valued employees to seek employment in other nations. This is not only disruptive to U.S. employers and our economy, but exceedingly unfair to hard-working, valued members of the American workforce. Access to this talent keeps innovation and jobs in the United States. Tapping America’s Potential and the National Association of Manufacturers’ 2005 Labor Day Report are available at www.competeamerica.org and www.nam.org.

Ø The U.S. Senate passed S. 1932 which includes Section 8001 and Section 8002 to resolve the foregoing problems which this nation faces. The House bill, H.R. 4241, failed to include these important parts of the budget reconciliation legislation. Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

Thank you.
Sincerely your name,
Address
Tel no

possible to see job posting in AJB

Once the attorney has placed the job order in SWA, it will be posted in america's job bank?
Is it possible to see one's ad in there?

Thank you.