Anyone file PERM today?

Ray of Hope

This is definitely gonna cheer all you Chicago waiters:

Just received confirmation from my lawyer that I have been certified :) :) :)

Filed Chicago 6/15 EB2
Went thru usual AR - FR - IP stages on the rerun dates.
First time applicant, no cases at BEC, no duplicates.
No letters, no updates in between
Now certified!!!

All the best its gonna be your turn soon!

The lawyer found out the "certify" online (he monitors the status quite frequently) on Friday and received the paper on the following Tuesday. He is also surprised by the quick mail, as it took other three non-perm cases one months for getting the paper after "certified" online. He initially told me in email that the mailing will take 2 weeks to 2 months but he thought 2 months will be unlikely.

Since you have already got certified 2 weeks ago, it will come anytime. You should start prepare all other materials so that the moment you received LC you can file I140 and I485. Now given September visa numbers are still current, you should be fine if you are EB2. I heard cases from this forum that EB3 filed I-485 on June 30 and got approved already (visa number became unavailable for July). If you are EB3, since the visa number is unavailable anyway, it should not matter your LC come today or next month. Either way, you should not worry too much. Just go ahead prepare for next step.

Someone else asked me who received the paper. My lawyer did. As I mentioned earlier, my employer has more than 300 employees and it hires the law firm to handle all immigration and labor issues. All correspondences are sent to the lawyer, not the employer.

Best luck for you.

VS Singh said:
Hi cnqj,
Congratulations on getting the paper certificate.
My case also changed to certified 11/2 week before and am waiting for the paper proof.
I had a query, did your employer or lawyer got any email stating the case is approved or just the status changed and they sent the letter.

Please respond.
Good Luck for I140 and I485.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks cnqj

cnqj,
Thanks a lot for taking time and replying.
I am waiting to hear something good from my HRD :)

For the I140 and I485, could you please list the documents required (if you have one) or if there is any site which you can suggest to go through, it would be really helpful.
So that I can be prepared for the next step.

All the best

Whats you education background and experience?

PERM believer said:
This is definitely gonna cheer all you Chicago waiters:

Just received confirmation from my lawyer that I have been certified :) :) :)

Filed Chicago 6/15 EB2
Went thru usual AR - FR - IP stages on the rerun dates.
First time applicant, no cases at BEC, no duplicates.
No letters, no updates in between
Now certified!!!

All the best its gonna be your turn soon!

Hi,

I would like to know, whats your education background and years of experience thats been used for the Perm LC?

tusharvk said:
congrats.
why did you not raise the requirement to BS + 5 yrs and thereby qualify for EB2. You mentioned that you were working part time while doing MS (was this on student visa and you were working at 50% time?)

My Employer does not agree that BS+5 can be subsituted with MS+0. He is more interested in experience than educational qualifications. And you cannot apply in EB2 if your job does not require an Advanced Degree.
And I worked part-time as a TA & Programmer for about 10hrs a week (on student visa).

And I too am in no hurry to get it done through EB2. I am ok with EB3.

Hi there
First of all Congratulations !!!!
I am in same situation as u were. I applied on 6/7/2005 to Atlanta perm center. My applicationa also went from Audit Review, Final Review, In Process and still in process.
Can you tell me some more details about your case.

1) Did you try to contact them as 60 days have been over.
2) Did you receive any letter asking from you something or you just got certified all of sudden after In process.

Please throw some light on it. It will be very helpful. It atleast gives me some hope.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

NO. I did not contact them. I know what they would say and so I don't see a point in contacting them.

NO. They did not ask me for any proof/letters. It just got certified.

Urgent!!!!Applied PERM on 08-12-05

Hi guys,

I have applied labor under PERM EB2 Category on 08-12-05.I got a mail with the below link from my lawyer in this week :

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/perm_faqs_8-8-05.pdf

I have another labor regular processing under EB3 Category filed in Nov 04.I'm really confused in this situation.As per the information in the link provided i need to make a choice between two labors before 08-31-05 or else my earlier labor application which is filed under EB 3 (PD NOV 04) will be rejected.Now this application is in Backlog center.

I'm not sure whether i will be qualifing for EB2 under PERM or not.I just took a chance.
My educational qualifications :M.S (Mech Engg) Experience 2 years.salary 90k.
job: Oracle functional consultant.

Can any one advice me on this.

Thanks in advance,

GCEAD04.

Urgent!!Applied PERM on 08-12-05

Hi guys,

I have applied labor under PERM EB2 Category on 08-12-05.I got a mail with the below link from my lawyer in this week :

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov...faqs_8-8-05.pdf

I have another labor regular processing under EB3 Category filed in Nov 04.I'm really confused in this situation.As per the information in the link provided i need to make a choice between two labors before 08-31-05 or else my earlier labor application which is filed under EB 3 (PD NOV 04) will be rejected.Now this application is in Backlog center.

I'm not sure whether i will be qualifing for EB2 under PERM or not.I just took a chance.

Thanks in advance,

GCEAD04.

PERM with Future Employment Offer

Hi, I have received an offer. I am currently on the sixth year of H1, and a pending LC case. This is the case that I can use for my seventh year extension.

Since this is the situaion, I dont want to join this employer right away. I am considering this NEW employer applying PERM right away and I will go on their payroll once my seventh year h1 gets approved.

Has any one tried PERM under a future employment based. Meaning, An employer applying for a PERM before the employee joining the company. I heard the system flags such cases. I cannot believe that this is true.

My understanding, was the whole green card system was designed for future employment.

Please let me know if it this is true that the system flags. And also even if it goes into audit review what kind of information are they looking for.

This information will be very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one filed PERM today?

I am not sure how this thread got renamed to Urgent!!Applied PERM on 08-12-05 from Any one filed PERM today? . Can any moderator put it back to the same name. Manu of us look for this thread on a daily basis. Please rename it back to Any one filed PERM today?

I think you are safe. They only send NOF to your older case after your PERM case is approved.

GCEAD04 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,

GCEAD04.

PERM prep time

can someone tell me how much time it would take for filing LC through PERM (prep time starting from scratch)?
in view of EB2 dates retrogression being anticipated in Dec'05, is there enough time to complete preI485 steps?

1 week to 1 month for work order
60 days of advertise and market analysis for work order
1-day to 2 month for LC approvals.

tusharvk said:
can someone tell me how much time it would take for filing LC through PERM (prep time starting from scratch)?
in view of EB2 dates retrogression being anticipated in Dec'05, is there enough time to complete preI485 steps?

GCEAD04 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,

GCEAD04.

You have three options:
1. Stay with the old case and cancel your PERM case, I wouldnt do that with your old case PD being Nov 04.
2. Take risk by going with the new PERM case. If you think the risk is high ( which i dont see as you have MS + 2 years exp and I would assume 90K is more than the wage for filing EB2) then cancel the current perm case from EB2 and file in EB3.
3. Or you can try to convert your old case to PERM, ie. keep all the details identical and then file PERM which will allow you to keep the old PD.

Option 1 is useless, out of 2 and 3 its a judgement call, EB2 PD sep 05 vs EB3 PD of Nov 04. In your case I would be inclined towards 2.

Gurus...Help with PERM EB2

I am planning to apply under EB2 BS + 6 years. for a Managerial Position. My lawyer is asking for Exp Letters from all my previous employers. Is this really necessary, while filing PERM.

My opinion is that we can start the Job Prder and Recruitment process and wait for the Exp letters to arrive, as they can take time. I just dont want to be caught in the EB2 retrogression.....

Can someone confirm taht we can start the initial (Ad etc) process w/o actually having the experience letters in hand.

In the traditional time one has to submit along with petition. In PERm you have to keep it in record, incase any audit.

But your attorney wants to make sure whether you have real exp in white and black.

jonty_11 said:
I am planning to apply under EB2 BS + 6 years. for a Managerial Position. My lawyer is asking for Exp Letters from all my previous employers. Is this really necessary, while filing PERM.

My opinion is that we can start the Job Prder and Recruitment process and wait for the Exp letters to arrive, as they can take time. I just dont want to be caught in the EB2 retrogression.....

Can someone confirm taht we can start the initial (Ad etc) process w/o actually having the experience letters in hand.

jonty_11 said:

are you expecting to finish all your perm prep work and I140 before the probable EB2 retrogression?

Also, if EB2 retrogresses around end of the year (suppose Dec'05), can someone who filed their perm LC but did not go as far as I140 before Dec'05 go ahead and do their I485 just because their PD is before Dec'05?
What cut-off date is expected to be established for EB2 Indian nationals?

any advice

I found it difficult to find this Thread again since it was renamed...

if you saw my 2 postings, it was about my employer deleting the emails to log into the system to apply for PERM....now he got the first email with the Username and temporary Password but not the second email with the PIN#....we have sent an email to them for the third time...is there anything else we can do? It's been over 3 weeks now with this game of getting 2 emails in order to apply for PERM!

Thanks for your advice.

tusharvk said:
Also, if EB2 retrogresses around end of the year (suppose Dec'05), can someone who filed their perm LC but did not go as far as I140 before Dec'05 go ahead and do their I485 just because their PD is before Dec'05?
No, only if the PERM PD 'happened' to be before the cutoff date that might/will be established (and how probable is that?)....