Anyone file PERM today?

Hi,

I like to know more about PERM.

What is the probability of approving the labor through PERM ? (ie. percentage of chance).

Which is better to choose, when preapproved labor with EB3 available or new PERM application with EB2 filing ?

I am really confused since both options are open for me to choose.

Thanks
Arun

perm filing question

Hi,
I have RIR filed in NY on May 2004. My case is in PA BEC without any 45-day letter yet. I just renewed 7th year H1 till May 2006. My attorney think the glitch in PERM may settle down a little so he suggest me to try convert RIR into PERM. I have read all the post in this thread and heard the suggestion not to convert. I have a few questions:
1. If I prepare filing PERM in Aug 2005 with my H1 expire in May 2006 and if the time line doesn't go smoothly, how can I renew my h1 if I convert RIR into PERM?
2. If I file a new PERM while keeping my RIR pending in BEC, can I file same position in same company or I have to change position description? I was Software Engieer in RIR. What kind of position will be considered as different position than the one in RIR?
3. I was working in NY office. But the office has moved since filing in last May. Now my company will close its CA headquarter and consolidate into current NY office. I read through the requiremnt as of IDENTICAL employer/address. Am I totally unqualified as converted applicant by this?

Thanks.

yxd0018

PERM processing offered in writing?

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to post this question...

Does it make sense to accept an offer from a company willing to sponsor thru PERM after putting that in writing in the offer letter? I'm currently being sponsored the GC with my current employer and my case is in the Philly backlog center...
I'm afraid the employer can "decide" to process the case sometime later in the future even though the offer of PERM processing is in writing? I'll be screwed big time, even though the move is a good career move. I would definitely lose on my current PD of 08/2004 and now EB-2 retrogression coming soon in the horizon...

Don't know what to do, decision can damage my spouse's options, who's on H-1B and may give up job in order to go thru the faster processing... Any thoughts are well appreciated... Thank you!

InProcess -- > Certified..

Friends,

I have a good news to share..

My application filed on 05/16 has been certified as of today.

This was the first application which got denied rightaway and went to Audit review on June 24 and finally to InProcedd on 07/28. Also against this application I recieved a letter for some documentation..

I wish you all to recieve the same news by this week.

I will keep posted on any development...

rajaabhi said:
Friends,

This was the first application which got denied rightaway and went to Audit review on June 24 and finally to InProcedd on 07/28. Also against this application I recieved a letter for some documentation..

Thanks for the good news. How long did it take after you sent the documentation. I have applied on 6/6/05, sent documentation 7/18/05, still "In Process"

any suggestions

hi rajaabhi could u please tell me if u applied through perm as i am applying through perm as i am really frustrated with my rir pd jan 2004 and fall under EB1

rajaabhi said:
Friends,

rajaabhi,

Congrats.... Best of luck for your future steps.

I sent my documentation on 7/14.

Personally I dont think it has to do anything with documentation. I believe they are finally processing application in FIFO order.. So all of us those early appliers probably will start hearing things from DOL.. and hopefull every one gets certified without a glitch...

Audit Letter

rajaabhi said:
I sent my documentation on 7/14.

Personally I dont think it has to do anything with documentation. I believe they are finally processing application in FIFO order.. So all of us those early appliers probably will start hearing things from DOL.. and hopefull every one gets certified without a glitch...

Our company received audit letter for a case filed on 07/03... letter date 08/01 and deadline to reply is 08/31. Chicago.

Some one whose PERM got certified can answer this question:
if the PERM LC gets certified, can we actually see the state as "Certified" or does it still show as In-Process and either Attorney/Employer will get an e mail to confirm the certification. I have an account to see the status of my PERM application but just wanted to know if the state really sates certified if that's the case.

please help

All the gurus,
I have RIR filed in NY on May 2004. My case is in PA BEC without any 45-day letter yet. I just renewed 7th year H1 till May 2006. My attorney think the glitch in PERM may settle down a little so he suggest me to try convert RIR into PERM. I have read all the post in this thread and heard the suggestion not to convert. I appreciate if anyone can help me clarify my concerns:
1. If I prepare filing PERM in Aug 2005 with my H1 expire in May 2006 and if the process doesn't go smoothly like some guys in this forum, how can I renew my h1 if I convert RIR into PERM?
2. If I file a new PERM while keeping my RIR pending in BEC, can I file same position in same company or I have to change position description? I was Software Engieer in RIR. What kind of position will be considered as different position than the one in RIR?
3. I was working in NY office. But NY office has moved since filing in last May. Now my company will close its CA headquarter and consolidate into current new NY office. I read through the requiremnt as of IDENTICAL employer/address. Am I totally unqualified to convert RIR just by this address change?

thanks

abcd123_123_3 said:
Some one whose PERM got certified can answer this question:
if the PERM LC gets certified, can we actually see the state as "Certified" or does it still show as In-Process and either Attorney/Employer will get an e mail to confirm the certification. I have an account to see the status of my PERM application but just wanted to know if the state really sates certified if that's the case.

Status changes to Certified, and would be in the mail to attorney's office typically 10-15 business days.

Lost email

My employer received 2 emails with Username, password and also PIN number in order to log into the PERM system to file the application.....

He somehow deleted or lost those emails....does anyone have any advice? Do we need to redo the registering of the Company...or can we email them and they might resend those 2 emails.....

Thanks.
Shivany

shivany said:
My employer received 2 emails with Username, password and also PIN number in order to log into the PERM system to file the application.....

He somehow deleted or lost those emails....does anyone have any advice? Do we need to redo the registering of the Company...or can we email them and they might resend those 2 emails.....

Thanks.
Shivany

Request your employer to send an email to PLC.HELP@dol.gov to reset the password and PIN. They are taking 12-24 hours to reset

RA exp at university for Perm

Is it possible to use experience as research assistant in university (this is where students on F1 visa will work 50% of their time in university while working towards their MS\phd degree)?
In case it is, has anyone done it successfully? How much exp was used (suppose someone has been RA for 4 years, should they use 4 years or 2 years only)?

Thank you for replies.

Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering applying as Senior Software Engineer

All,

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. I am planning to apply for Labor through PERM. My bachelor's degree is from India in Mechanical Engineering. Currently, I have been working in the software field for over six years now.

I am wondering what my chances are of getting approved in EB2 category as a Senior Software Engineer. Can anyone comment if they know of any similar situation or have gone through some thing similar? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay.

I believe that the ETA # is the same as the PERM case #.
My company attorneys had the case # available as they were preparing and saving drafts of my application form online (before even filing). The only thing is that the draft case is prefixed with a 'T' showing that it is a temporary number. As soon as the case is filed, depending on the location (Chicago or Atlanta), the 'T' changes to a 'C' or an 'A'. The rest of the numbers remain the same.
The format of the case number is:
C or A-xxxxx-yyyyy (i.e. 2 sets of 5 digit numbers)
Hope this helps.

bsnf said:
How long does it take to get the ETA no after filing.

Thanks

Prats said:
My company attorneys had the case # available as they were preparing and saving drafts of my application form online (before even filing). The only thing is that the draft case is prefixed with a 'T' showing that it is a temporary number. As soon as the case is filed, depending on the location (Chicago or Atlanta), the 'T' changes to a 'C' or an 'A'. The rest of the numbers remain the same.
Hope this helps.

Thanks

How ETA case number's are formed

Prats said:
Hope this helps.

Some more information about ETA(PERM) case number:
1st set of five digit is having first two digits as the YEAR in which the case was initially drafted and next three digits as the number of day in a year the case was drafted.

2nd set of five digit is sequence number.

So for example, If your attorney/employer starts putting information on April 1st 2005 then initially number would be
T-05091-yyyyy where
T for case is in draft mode
05 for year 2005
091 for April 1st which is 91st day of the year 2005
yyyyy for sequence

Now, when attorney/employer submitts the application, it will become
A-05091-yyyyy if employment area is under ATLANTA processing center
C-05091-yyyyy if employment area is under CHICAGO processing center