Anyone file PERM today?

talktome said:
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to have a I-140 denied after the labor has been approved via PERM?

I fit into BS (Comp. Sci) + 7 yrs exp. category and planning to file in EB2. Lets say my labor gets approved in EB2 PERM..can USCIS still deny I-140? If yes, what option does one have if that happens?

Thanks

As far as I know if you are able to give all the documentation on which basis your PERM was approved, the I-140 should be approved. But if there is a mismatch then there might be a problem.

dol_oroso said:
Today I started to discount hours (not days), My lawer told me tha he already sent a letter, an now is talking with the AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Assoc.), but nothing yet.
Does enybody know what is happening, is the system working o the cases are being controled by hands?

Regards!!!

My lawer said:

"I believe that your case is with the Atlanta Processing Center. The
prior status was "Final Review". About one week ago, the designation
was changed to "In Process". There is no indication yet that it will be
audited or that there is a sponsor review going on."
if i was you, i would go and stay at my lawyer's office all day to make sure the only thing he is doing is calling one by one to all the numbers in the atlanta list (see the link above) dont wait for others to do the job for you.
make sure your lawyer will explain to them WHY it is so important to you.
i dont want to scare you, but, good friend of mine had to wait 8 YEARS for his GC just because a stupid secretary in DOL help his papers few more days after his 21 birthday.... good luck! ;)

I have updated my info:

1. Rajaabhi - FR 06/24-Chicago
2. irinastaicu - FR 06/24-Chicago, filled 6/15, no conversion, RIR at BEC
3. psam123 - FR 06/28-Chicago
4. AnilMI - FR 06/29-Chicago
5. knowDOL - FR 07/01-Filed 6/14-Chicago(No conversion) - one RIR with SWA not yet in BEC
6. Prats - FR 07/08-Chicago (filed 6/3, denied 6/6, sponsorship 7/6, final review 7/8, in process 7/28); EB2; No conversion but RIR app also pending at BEC (no word on case entry/ 45 day letter)
7. titu1972 - FR 07/12-Chicago
8. einmanninus - FR - 07/14-Chicago -No paper LC application, will start H1B from Oct. (currently using OPT)
9. gsn - FR 06/28-Chicago
10. sd_guy - FR 06/24-Chicago (+4 others in Final Review 6/24)
11. Gc_Reform - FR 06/24 Chicago, Filed 06/10, Pending RIR at SWA, NO BEC, NO Conversion
12. Cabal - FR 06/24 Chicago, Filed 06/6, (Sent Recruit Let 7/18)
13. coolz - FR 6/29 Chicago, Filed : 6/29
14. Jay2005 - FR 06/24; Filed : 06/02 - Chicago (One RIR in BEC, no conversion )
15. nhusson - FR 06/24; filed on 06/15 -- Chicago (No conversion) - one RIR
(SWA CA sep 2004) - not yet in BEC
16. abu2003 - FR; Filed on 05/24/05 - Chicago
17. deshu77 - FR; Filed on 06/02/05 - Chicago (1 more in Same Situation)
18. Goofy101 - FR 6/24, Filed on 5/23 -Chicago (5/24 - 6/24 Audit Review)
19. Bystander6 - FR 7/22, Filed on 7/22 - Chicago
20. CA_GreenCD - FR 7/27 - Chicago
21. ZlikeZebra - FR 6/24 Filed on 6/16 - Chicago
22. nning---Sp 07/06 Filed on May 21st,Audit review to 06/24,denied to july06, sponsorship from 07/06, in process from 07/28---chicago
23. Zoid - IP 7/28, Filed 7/1 - Snail Chicago
24. Clx-Dude - Audited, sent docs 8/2, IP 8/4, Filed 6/28 - Chicago

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have update information on what Chicago is doing with the cases that were in "Final review" previously. They changed all case status to show as "in process" now. But I believe a lot of members in this forum were in "final review" before july 29. And many have been waiting for weeks.

I'm talking about Chicago Processing center, are they working these day!?

VAhoper said:
Does anyone have update information on what Chicago is doing with the cases that were in "Final review" previously. They changed all case status to show as "in process" now. But I believe a lot of members in this forum were in "final review" before july 29. And many have been waiting for weeks.

I'm talking about Chicago Processing center, are they working these day!?

Called chicago center and was told everything is functional :mad:

functional 4DOL == dysfunctional 4u

No more guess.
There have to be winners in the in-process-to-certified lottery. If I were the DOL, I'd tune the approval rate in order not to irritate either side of the Congress and the employers.
Alien: you are a non-entity to DOL.
Time to (carefully) pick up some local American gals if you dude are unmarried. :rolleyes:

2 LC filed from same company same position...1 certified

Hi all the Gurus

Here is the situation....One LC filed on 7/5 another 7/9 both EB 3 atlanta...same position same compnay same recruitment efforts....

LC filed 7/5 got Certified on 7/13........Me filed on 7/9 Final review now NEVER ENDING 'IN PROCESS".....

Is there any impact for filing 2 LCs for same position with same recruitment efforts from same company..Why 1 certified another taking long time..I am afraid Will DOL put any question for using same recruitment efforts for 2 LC......

PLease answer.........

In-Process to Certified

All members,

Yeasterday I got mail from my employer saying the recieved 3 PERM (CHICAGO) approvals yesterday afternoon (2 of them for EB-2 and one under EB-3). Looks like we can hear more approvals within a week or so. Best of luck to you all and me too.

pavanreddym All members,

Yeasterday I got mail from my employer saying the recieved 3 PERM (CHICAGO) approvals yesterday afternoon (2 of them for EB-2 and one under EB-3). Looks like we can hear more approvals within a week or so. Best of luck to you all and me too.

It was nice to hear it. Would you mind to let me know when those 3 cases filed?

Thanks.

To Sanery

I hope the 3 cases you were talking about are different than those posted by
pavanreddym. Any idea when they were filled? Yours was filled also in may, right? Good luck , hope you update the certified post with your name

I am not in a mood for joking about PERM, but ....is it possible that people writting on this forum are on the "black list" ? Some many approvals, but none for us, who are writting and writting on the forum....

Hi irinastaicu,

I hope that there is no 'black list' or any other list to create problems for us!
Hope we see some more approvals early next week...that will surely inspire a lot of hope.

Thanks and good wishes to all.

irinastaicu said:
pavanreddym. Any idea when they were filled? Yours was filled also in may, right? Good luck , hope you update the certified post with your name

I am not in a mood for joking about PERM, but ....is it possible that people writting on this forum are on the "black list" ? Some many approvals, but none for us, who are writting and writting on the forum....

Irin,
Sanryi was merely quoting the previous post. He forgot to use the quote button so it appears that he is posting this information. So far there is ONE and only one reported approval (by pavanreddym) for May/June Chicago cases.
Let's see what's in store for next week.

===
irinastaicu said:

irinastaicu said:

Me too not in any mood for joking and that too regarding labor. So take it as my word and all where processed (or filed) in 2nd week of May.

To Pavan

Your message was the best I got in weeks. I can breath this weekend. Keep us informed as much as you can.
Regards

LC got certified on 07/13 in Chicago .

Filing date: 05/10.
Approval date: 07/13.

Be patient and take it easy, you all will be approved soon !!!