Anyone file PERM today?

Does any body how many CO's (Certifying Officers) are working in Chicago or Atlanta each? If they send system generated mails to everybody and assuminig everyone received these mails and respond within one week, how much time do they take to approve it. I don't see the possibility of approvals getting in time to file before August 30th if manual intervention is required and cases are allotted to CO's to certify after seeing documentation for all these cases.

Now, I totally lost hope of being able to file by August end.

I hope AILA or some other firm posts some statistics on how many apps are in Chicago DOL in In Process.

DOL claimed that they can give access to only certain parts for certain users. How far the software is working no body knows. If I were you I would just be happy if my HR can login once in two days and tell me what is happening. Why unnecessarily invite trouble. DOL keeps track of IP's. So, it is not a good idea to have your own account.

ZlikeZebra said:
My HR ...

Thanks

knowDOL said:
Does any body how many CO's (Certifying Officers) are working in Chicago or Atlanta each? If they send system generated mails to everybody and assuminig everyone received these mails and respond within one week, how much time do they take to approve it. I don't see the possibility of approvals getting in time to file before August 30th if manual intervention is required and cases are allotted to CO's to certify after seeing documentation for all these cases.

Now, I totally lost hope of being able to file by August end.

I hope AILA or some other firm posts some statistics on how many apps are in Chicago DOL in In Process.
Hello folks,

Greetings !!!

I have applied PERM on July 5th, Certified on July 18th, EB2 Category.

But my employer rec'd letter saying the case is certified, Is this hard-copy of the approval? Is there any other mail need to expect?

Please clarify.....Thanks SuperGC

Hi VJPERM,

No wonder my employer received a second sponsorship verification phone call today. We were all surprised.

Now my case says "In Process".

Weird System :)

vjperm said:
Zoid,

What is your status today? I guess they re-ran all the cases and mine changed to Inprocess from audit review.

zoid said:
Hi nning,

My case is also in Sponsorship (forever).

July 1st - Filed (Chicago... case # C-********)
July 8th - received Sponsorship email. Unable to reply as it was > 7 days
July 18th - Received sponsorship phone call from DOL. Passed it
July 24th - Status still in Sponsorship :(

Hi nning,

You can expect a phone call from DOL to verify your sponsorship again today

Today after the rerun, my employer received a second sponsorship phone call and after answering it, the status now says "In Process"

Good luck

nning said:
my case was changed from sponsorship to in process too.

SEE WHAT i have been through, then you will know you are not that bad.
filed on may 21st
then went to audit review in oneday
denied by rerun on 06/24
and corrected by system on 07/06 to sponsorship,
never received anything from then, now, changed to in process.

my lawyer and I both contacted with DOL, the word"in process" is what they told us in email.

so, I am not sure if this is a nice move or DOL just uses that as excuse to get rid of the inquiries.

Did it change to "In process" for you too. Just kidding :)

Hope not

ratans said:
I got certified withing 5 days.
applied 07/22 got certified on 07/28.
waiting for hard copy

we did not get the second call, it is in process too.

think about this, they can not just call the cases they have called once, that is wasting time.

right?

zoid said:
Did it change to "In process" for you too. Just kidding :)

Hope not

Guys- DOL thinking we are fools

I just visited my employers office... the immigration guy loged in and show me the status... DOL just posting "In process" in the front end. In their Database they have same earlier "sponsorship/audit/final review" status.

We figured this by clicking withdraw cases link and it shows only cases has "incomplete or In Process cases(Not all cases but only the cases with sponsorship status at their end)".

He went further and selected one "In process" case and clicked "withdraw" button.. it went to another page.. where it asking for withdraw cofirmation and it shows the current case status as "Sponsorship" not as "In process".

Then he cancelled the "Withdraw" request.

Online withdraw request not available for "Audit" or "Final", so we unable to check.

So, DOL still has old status at their end and it just displaying "In Process".

nning said:
we did not get the second call, it is in process too.

think about this, they can not just call the cases they have called once, that is wasting time.

right?

Last edited by a moderator:
AC21EB3 said:
I just visited my employers office... the immigration guy loged in and show me the status... DOL just posting "In process" in the front end. In their Database they have same earlier "sponsorship/audit/final review" status.

We figured this by clicking withdraw cases link and it shows only cases has "incomplete or In Process cases(Not all cases but only the cases with sponsorship status at their end)".

He went further and selected one "In process" case and clicked "withdraw" button.. it went to another page.. where it asking for withdraw cofirmation and it shows the current case status as "Sponsorship" not as "In process".

Online withdraw request not available for "Audit" or "Final", so we are not able to check.

Good to know that. It seems DOL still has original status in their internal network but for external display purpose, In Process will represent all interim status. I guess.

Hi AC21EB3,

This was a great information for me. Atleast I am sure my status is not in "Sponsorship" anymore

For the last 28 days my case was in Sponsorship, today I got the second phone call from DOL and it went to "In Process". I tried your method to check the actual status and it confirmed that I am not in "Sponsorship" status anymore

thanks

AC21EB3 said:

Online withdraw request not available for "Audit" or "Final", so we unable to check.

Bystander6 said:
Good to know that. It seems DOL still has original status in their internal network but for external display purpose, In Process will represent all interim status. I guess.
I agree. I think DOL do not want us to figure out how their system triggers audit review or final review. Now they just show one status.

O*NET occupation codes

Can some one tell me what is this code mean (in PERM perspective) and if I want to apply in EB2, what should be code? I see for most of 151 codes, have SVP Range between 7 and 8.

Thanks..

what status are u in now?

Thanks.

zoid said:
Hi AC21EB3,

This was a great information for me. Atleast I am sure my status is not in "Sponsorship" anymore

For the last 28 days my case was in Sponsorship, today I got the second phone call from DOL and it went to "In Process". I tried your method to check the actual status and it confirmed that I am not in "Sponsorship" status anymore

thanks

"In Process" represents these internal status: Sponsorship/ Audit Review/ Final Review.

All I know is my internal status is not in Sponsorship anymore. It can be in Audit or Final review.

skyliners said:
what status are u in now?

Thanks.

Thus, showing in process does not mean anything. The real status is as before, just dysplaying another name to prevent further calls and inquires. Everybody's case shows in process, but each of us is in the same status as before. Did I get it right?

Urgent

Attorney was trying to do PERM for DBA designation for us. Asked him if there
r any available ads to apply, he says there r ads and everything ready for
Application Developer designer. Is if ok to change the skill set and apply soon for this
one than waiting on our DBA one .

chicchu said:
Attorney was trying to do PERM for DBA designation for us. Asked him if there
r any available ads to apply, he says there r ads and everything ready for
Application Developer designer. Is if ok to change the skill set and apply soon for this
one than waiting on our DBA one .
Guys,

It wierd somehow. My case was filed on 7/14/05. Till 2 days back it was showing denied. Yesterday it changed to in process and today its showing denied again.

I am totally confused as to what is happening in their system

harshy said:
Guys,

It wierd somehow. My case was filed on 7/14/05. Till 2 days back it was showing denied. Yesterday it changed to in process and today its showing denied again.

I am totally confused as to what is happening in their system

one of our case denied for a wrong date. We mistyped SWA job order date. This case moved to "in process" from "Denied" yesterday. Still in "In process" status. I think they are rerunning recently filed denied cases.

It seems there is a mistake in your case so they denied it again...

Check for the mistake and refile it. We refiled our case and it was in "final review". From yesterday it is in "In process".

AC21EB3 said:
one of our case denied for a wrong date. We mistyped SWA job order date. This case moved to "in process" from "Denied" yesterday. Still in "In process" status. I think they are rerunning recently filed denied cases.

It seems there is a mistake in your case so they denied it again...

Check for the mistake and refile it. We refiled our case and it was in "final review". From yesterday it is in "In process".
How must time does it take to get reply as regards the reason for denial

Thanks in advance.