Anyone file PERM today?

HI Atlantis,

I guess we have similar case.

My Info:
Company Size: 4
Category: EB2
Title: Operations Research Analyst

Another thing came to mind, based on Alex Audit request about Proving companies existence. May be the year of commencement of the comapny is another flag. Ours is in the year 2000..

What about you guys ??

Keep posted friends !

Hi rajaabhi ..

My company started in 1993 and has around 3M in sales...

What were your requirements..mine stated.masters in industrial engg/operations research + 3 months of work ex in SQL, relational databases & transportation related financial models

I got Level 2 from the SWA but my salary is atleast 2X the level 2 wage..

My concern is that they will say that 3 months of workex requirement is too restrictive..if the questions are more about the existence and validity of the company then it is much more easier to answer...if only they could post the letter quickly..I am concerned that it is taking 45-50 days just to get the letter that was issued on May 20th..

Another concern I have is if we reply to this letter are they then going to generate additional questions with all turn-arounds at 45-60 days..that will truly very painful..

What are your specifics..

What's the point in filing PERM ?

Hi,
I am also looking to file PERM but I do not see any reason to yet.
The EB2 is pretty much out of reach (for a lot of people), EB3 nos. are retrogressing so you can not get EAD (correct me if I am wrong) so you can only file I-140 which does not give you any thing more.
I am not saying that getting over a hurdle/step in the process is good but please enlighten me the advantages of getting the labor approved ?

I will be greatful if some one would say that I can apply for EAD after labor and that would allow my spouse to work anywhere (if he/she wants to). And that I can open a profitable business on the side too.

thanks,
N

You can apply I140 but can't apply I485, EAD, AP if you fall under EB-3 retrogression. If you change your job after labor + I140 approve, you have to apply everything all over again (starting from labor...) but in such case you can use your previous Priority Date (PD).

If you are not from EB-3 retrogressed country, then you can apply I140/I485/EAD/AD once your labor is approved.

nimraj said:
Hi,
I am also looking to file PERM but I do not see any reason to yet.
The EB2 is pretty much out of reach (for a lot of people), EB3 nos. are retrogressing so you can not get EAD (correct me if I am wrong) so you can only file I-140 which does not give you any thing more.
I am not saying that getting over a hurdle/step in the process is good but please enlighten me the advantages of getting the labor approved ?

I will be greatful if some one would say that I can apply for EAD after labor and that would allow my spouse to work anywhere (if he/she wants to). And that I can open a profitable business on the side too.

thanks,
N

Hi All.

Can anybody suggest a reliable consultant. I am exploring switching jobs and apply for PERM. If so please send me a private message.

Thanks.

I am also looking for a good company to file under perm/EB2

I have Master degree and 3 yrs experience and currently working for a good client. I am looking for company which will file labor under perm immediately.

Kindly send me a private message if you have any information.

Guys:

In order to qualify under Perm EB2, is a masters degree a requirement or can a combination of Bachelors + years of experience substitute as EB2. The ONET codes I presume have to be 8> to count as EB2. Can anyone clarify.

Thanks.

PERM app rejected

Hello all,

I have been getting useful informtion from this board since I started my PERM application. My app got rejected shortly after the submission. :confused:
Please see the details below and any comments are greatly appreciated.

App Filed: 06/06/2005

Pevailing Wage Information:
Occupation Title: Software Engineer
Skill Level: Level IV
Determination date: 03/15/2005

Job Opportunity Information:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
MS in CS or equivalent Plus two year experience

Recruitment Information:
First Sunday Ad: 02/13/2005
Second Sunday Ad: 02/20/2005

1st recruitment: 02/13/2005 to 03/12/2005
2nd recruitment: 02/18/2005 to 02/24/2005
3rd recruitment: 04/08/2005 to 04/22/2005

Two possible reasons from my guess:
1. Under section of Job opportunity, my attorney answered quetion 12 as YES. ( Are the job opportunity's requirements normal for the occupation?)
Since software engineer falls in Zone 4. MS plus 2 year exp are not normal, right?
2. Under section K (Alien work exp), we put P.O.BOX in item 2 (address). P.O.Box is not allowed in PERM system, is it correct?

Please share your exp and knowledge. Thanks a lot.

Yumi

Yes I think if the requirement is MS+2 years for a Job zone 4 job you HAVE to answer question H-12 as "NO" since you are way above the SVP level (7-8) for job zone 4.
For any requirements which are above the normal, PERM necessitates answering question H12 as NO which ofcourse leads to audit, but answering it as "yes" leads to denial.

All your recruitment efforts etc look good, so I feel above must be the reason for denial.

yumi said:
Hello all,

I have been getting useful informtion from this board since I started my PERM application. My app got rejected shortly after the submission. :confused:
Please see the details below and any comments are greatly appreciated.

App Filed: 06/06/2005

Pevailing Wage Information:
Occupation Title: Software Engineer
Skill Level: Level IV
Determination date: 03/15/2005

Job Opportunity Information:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
MS in CS or equivalent Plus two year experience

Recruitment Information:
First Sunday Ad: 02/13/2005
Second Sunday Ad: 02/20/2005

1st recruitment: 02/13/2005 to 03/12/2005
2nd recruitment: 02/18/2005 to 02/24/2005
3rd recruitment: 04/08/2005 to 04/22/2005

Two possible reasons from my guess:
1. Under section of Job opportunity, my attorney answered quetion 12 as YES. ( Are the job opportunity's requirements normal for the occupation?)
Since software engineer falls in Zone 4. MS plus 2 year exp are not normal, right?
2. Under section K (Alien work exp), we put P.O.BOX in item 2 (address). P.O.Box is not allowed in PERM system, is it correct?

Please share your exp and knowledge. Thanks a lot.

Yumi

My application got denied yesterday.

My application got denied yesterday. Are people still getting denials or is it me only. Also, what is the process involved after getting denied. I got denied within 30 minutes of applying.

Look for PERM FAQ III and IV also other postings regarding denials. If you provide more info maybe someone can help.

Hello.. Advice Needed.

Hi There,
I need the help of all the people who are well read on this subject...

I am thinking about filing perm and talked to the company i work for... they are intrested and my wages are satisfactory according to my occupation. I work part time. I talked to the lawyer and he says it has to be full time job...
A lot of things hinge on this for me at this time. I looked up the information on the DOL website and there is no refernece to this issue.
Also i am still at the SWA stage. I need to know what are the next steps and what is a possible timeline that I can expect to have.
Regards
PERM seeker

PERM4ME said:
...and my wages are satisfactory according to my occupation. I work part time. I talked to the lawyer and he says it has to be full time job...
Also i am still at the SWA stage. I need to know what are the next steps and what is a possible timeline that I can expect to have.
Regards
PERM seeker

1) How do you know that wages are satisfactory? Do you have PWD or at least 3rd party survey?
2) I don't know about part-time job - never came across that issue yet. What kind of job is this?
3) Timeline depends on items like denial, retrogressions.... but after you get PERM certified you file I-140 (and I-485 if you are not retrogressed). With a bit of luck, I-485 takes 6 months to get adjudicated....(but that's a guess).

Just look at Rajiv's information on PERM - it has everything you need (except part-time issue): http://www.immigration.com/dollinks/permindex.html

ETA 9089 Question

maverick13 and gc 2006,

Thanks for your inputs and it helps to clarify some of my concerns.

For H 16 on ETA form 9089 [Is the position identified in this application being offered to the alien identified in Section J?], how to answer that? Yes or No. Not very clear to me. If anyone can comment it, that would be really nice.

Yumi

Ans to H12 should be NO

Yumi,
You can ask your lawyer to answer 'NO' to question 12 and resubmit. You may get audit review, but not denied status.

Good Luck.

My requirementments were MS in Operations Research or related field like industrial engineering, mathematics etc

education or experience in
Statistics, Stochastic Modeling, Optimization Techniques, C++, SQL programming

Note it says education or experience
But our position is still entry level.

I can only hope that it does not get into that Request-Response loop. If it does than definitely we did not get anything out of PERM.

keeping my fingers crossed

am I qualified for filling PERM?

Hey,

Could anyone take a look at me case and advise if I am qualified for filling PERM :confused: ?

I joined current company (for embedded system software ) as a product support engineer in Sept. 2000. Our company has 1200 employee with a revenue of 270M per year. I was promoted to Senior product support engineer in 2003, my current wage is 7xK, but my manager expected to give me a 5% raise every year in the next 3 years. I have a master degree in biomedical engineering, I had 2 years experience in a foreign company before join current company.

BTW, I am in CA.
Thanks in advance for your help :p

shoba