Anyone file PERM today?

PERM - how r they working - FIFO or not

My case was files 29 april in chicago with a RIR conversion from last year

No news yet, anybody got approved for conversion in EB2-PERM

Certified in 40 days

hi:
my case has been certified today, it was applied in EB2 on Jul 28 '05
I am guessing It was in Chicago (C-05207-XXXXX)
it was new case (went 'inprocess' on same day), and It was also audited, there are around 8 cases from company applied on same date as above, and only two including mine have been approved (strangely both were audited, maybe its an indication)
all our cases are pretty much exact, so audits seems random, though many cases filed on same day may have raised the flag. i heard a third one got audited today.
anyway, i am happy i am out of this line and ready to join another ;)
good luck everyone....

more info: programmer, no prior experience shown, MS Comp Sc.
PERM audit responded: Aug 30 '05

ravishing,
Congrats! Has ur employer told u when can u file for I-140/485 ? how long does it take to receive hard copy? and whats ur guess abt EB2 retrogression ?

thanks

ravishing said:
hi:
it was new case (went 'inprocess' on same day), and It was also audited, there are around 8 cases from company applied on same date as above, and only two including mine have been approved (strangely both were audited, maybe its an indication)
all our cases are pretty much exact, so audits seems random, though many cases filed on same day may have raised the flag. i heard a third one got audited today.
good luck everyone....

perm

thanks!
the attorney hasn't told anything about 140/485 neither has he indicated about retrogress, from my side, i just know that have the 'birth certificate' - translated to english and ready as that is a major showstopper in next stage.
the attorney said that we should receive the hard copy in a day or two, lets see...

Gurus - please comment.

OK. I got a word from my attorney today. Here are words from her mail to me:

The Department of Labor (DOL) has indicated that a Bachelor’s degree is a normal requirement for software engineering positions. Moreover, DOL has specifically indicated that a Master’s degree is not a normal requirement and that a master’s degree minimum requirement in a software engineering case could potentially lead to an audit. If the case is selected for an audit, it means that the case may not be adjudicated in the 45-60 day timeframe and could take 2-4 months longer for adjudication.

My questions to gurus is that have we seen any EB2 been certified in PERM with Masters + 0 year requirement? Were those cases audited? How much time did those cases take to get approved?

Thanks a lot in advance for any inputs that you guys could provide.

Re: WhyThisDelay

Does this answer your question re MS/BS in CS and EB-2?

ravishing said:
hi:
good luck everyone....

Inconsistency

I have seen EB2 certified in PERM with Masters + 0 year. On this forum itself or murthy.com.

Now your case seems has been picked for 'Audit Review' due to which there may be some delay. I think that eventually you will be 'Certified' but it may take a month or two more. In any case, there are people with PERM filed in May 2005 who are still waiting for an update. Very sad.

But I still think there is some hope and PERM will be eventually fine. Just yesterday I was reading some poor guy's note wherein his labor took 5 years to get certified. PERM will be better I think.

There are bigger problems ahead and I think I-485 retrogression - for EB3/EB2 - due to a lack of visa numbers is the main monster.

Thanks,
-msh626

To Perm or Not to Perm?

I hope the gurus in this forum can help me make a decision.

Will filing a PERM around October/ November help me avoid the EB 2 retrogression? Will the approval come before everything gets pushed back?( I am a citizen of India.)

Or should I hang in there and wait for an approval from the BEC?? Gurus, please put me out of my misery!!

GCin-waitng said:
Will the approval come before everything gets pushed back?( I am a citizen of India.)

"Because the members of this forum are all-wise we can assure you...." are you kidding? How is anyone supposed to know how long PERM takes in your case. No one knows even their own case.

WhyThisDelay said:
Thanks gc_2006.

You are such a valuable resource to these forums.

IF EB2 filing leads to audit, what does that really entail? the recruitment report and all the details are to be sent to the audit request and employer's justification of business necessity, right?
but that is exactly the reason for carrying out the recruitment campaign and maintaining all the reports. is there any reason to worry about the audit (other than the fact that there is not too much experience about this)?

how long before filing?

i was reading evrything on this site and others, and asumed that i will be able to submit my PERM at list after 60 days. 30 for the job order with my state and 30 days after that i can file. but my lawyer insist that i should count the extra 30 days from the end of my 10 day posting, not the 30 of job order.

can anyone comment on that? :confused:

The reasoning is that EB2 is "required" only for specialities that are licensed, generally speaking. For e.g. doctors/lawyers etc. Software engineers dont required license - and hence DOL will audit them.

On a sidenote - dont try to find a "reasonable" reason in what DOL does. DOL makes the rules, we just sit here waiting and try to interpret what they are upto these days. For e.g. if a software engineer normally should not be in EB2 category, I dont understand how a chef/ truck driver/ gardner still apply in EB2 category.

I've stopped finding reasons in DOLs reasoning :).

tusharvk said:
IF EB2 filing leads to audit, what does that really entail? the recruitment report and all the details are to be sent to the audit request and employer's justification of business necessity, right?
but that is exactly the reason for carrying out the recruitment campaign and maintaining all the reports. is there any reason to worry about the audit (other than the fact that there is not too much experience about this)?

Certified!

My lawyer has just called to let me know the good news! Here is the details:

Applied on: 6/22
Center: Atlanta
Category: EB-3
Job: Software Engineer, System Software
Requirement: BS + 1 year experience
Status: Sponsorship -> Final Review -> In Process -> Certified (09/09/05)

Kewl,

Congratulation.

Did you have a RIR/TR case in BRC? If you did, did you receive a 45 day letter? Thanx for your help.

Thanks. No RIR/TR. Fresh PERM.

Feb04 said:
Kewl,

Congratulation.

Did you have a RIR/TR case in BRC? If you did, did you receive a 45 day letter? Thanx for your help.

few more details Plzzzzzz

ravishing said:
hi:
good luck everyone....

Hi ravishing,
Congratulations!!! for getting ur Labor approved.
I've few Q's for u.
Can u provide me with the job description and job requirements that ur attorney has stated for applying under EB2 with MS+0 exp? Coz many say that if MS+0 yr exp. is shown while applying ... there wud be many issues to defend the requirements as to how a MS+0 yr exp is more qualifying than BS+5 exp person .... also there r many fresh graduates with MS degree. My situation is similar to urs and i'm planning to apply under perm with MS+0/1 yr exp.

What info did the DOL asked while ur case went to audit?
Also how much salary did u show? How big is ur company?

Plz share ur knowledge ... THANK U.

Hi,

I donot have a BC and want to cover for that.
And this is my situation: My birthdate that is mentioned in records and passport is different than the original.
Have Q's regarding this

1) If i go to get the BC from the Mandal Panchayat where i was born ... if they r not willing to mention the date that is in records ... what is the other option that i have?
2) Is it OK to get the BC from a different Panchayat office than where i was born ... showing some reason? Will the INS consider without throwing an RFE?
3) Can the 10th class certificate replace the BC? ... as it has birthdate mentioned on it.

Plz share ur experience and other options for this situation. Thank u.

BEC conversion to PERM, any news yet.

My case is BEC conversion to PERM filed 04/29/2005 no news yet.

Did any BEC conversion got approved in PERM yet .....

Perm Process EB -3

I have been in the US for 2 years as a programmer analyst. I have a bachelors degree in Commerce from Delhi and 3 business finance/ software training diplomas to support what made me eligible to come to the US as a programmer along with work experience in India. Now i am planning to file my Labor in PERM. I have overall 8 years experience. I have been told that it would be in Eb-3 category and hard to get approved with this education background. Is that true?? Please let me know if anyone got an approval with a bachelors degree. Any suggestions on how to file would be appreciated.

DA