Anyone file PERM today?

This is the first time I am seeing someone moving to a status "Approved" . Did you see this on the dol website or has someone informed you of this status.

How much time.

Hi.

What is the avg. time the PERM processing is taking for EB2/ Software Engineer/ Masters + 0 years experience.

I tried looking at last few pages, but could not find enuff approvals.

Thanks.

manair_b,

I think I misunderstood my lawyer's email. I havent seen the status myself yet.

Thanks for your prompt response!

good luck!

1. Do i qualify to file GC under EB2 category if the job requirement says MS+1 yr exp?
ANS : YES

My Details:
-MS in EE from US - ANS: GOOD
-BE in ECE from India - ANS : GOOD
-1 yr experience as Programmer Analyst from previous employer in US
-almost 1 yr with current employer (may not be counted as exp.)
-2 yrs of IT experience in India (may not be counted) :
ANS: Experience gained in India can also be counted.

2. Does my Salary or Employer's financial data also play a role in determining whether i fall under EB2 or not?
ANS: Your salary should be 100% of Prevailing wage for that county and state where you are working. Company should not have recent layoffs and should be able convince DOL that they can pay your salary as permanent employee.

If yes, what is the salary level (prevailing wages) that needs to be matched for EB2 case for Programmer Analyst or equivalent (Computer Programmer maybe the relevant selection from the list given)?

ANS: http://online.onetcenter.org/find/ go to this site and browse by job family and get salary for level 3 if (MS +1) for your county and state of work.

3. Can the work experience in US university while on F-1 or OPT be counted?
ANS: OPT will be considered, while studying as full time and work experience full time may not be considered.

4. In addition to a person having credentials and the employer's minimum requirements for the offered position matching with EB2 requirements, what r the chances that DOL will recognize that EB2 requirements r common for this position (Computer Programmer) or are specifically needed by the employer? In brief, what r the chances that Labor gets cleared without having RFE's for such job positions?

ANS: Better go with MS+0 which is still EB2 and job requirements are normal to occupation for MS +0.

knowDOL said:
3. Can the work experience in US university while on F-1 or OPT be counted?
ANS: OPT will be considered, while studying as full time and work experience full time may not be considered.

4. In addition to a person having credentials and the employer's minimum requirements for the offered position matching with EB2 requirements, what r the chances that DOL will recognize that EB2 requirements r common for this position (Computer Programmer) or are specifically needed by the employer? In brief, what r the chances that Labor gets cleared without having RFE's for such job positions?

ANS: Better go with MS+0 which is still EB2 and job requirements are normal to occupation for MS +0.

some people on F1 visa will be working as RA in their department while pursuing MS. Is that RA exp countable? You mention that work exp while studying full time may not be counted; hence the question. F1 students are required to maintain full time course load to maintain their status and hence they are full time students.

Thank u

knowDOL: Thank u for ur kind response to my Q's.

If the job req. says MS+0 experience under EB2 ... don't u think it wud be a problem at the time of advertising ... as there'll be many fresh graduates out there with no experience. In such case, will the company or the attorney be able to reject the applications with a valid reason ... won't there be any complications during that period? Can u plz elaborate on this ... thank u.

If you work in a university town that may be a issue but attorney can guide you better. Even otherwise, you can use your home country experience if you require MS+2.

indomitable_77 said:
knowDOL: Thank u for ur kind response to my Q's.

If the job req. says MS+0 experience under EB2 ... don't u think it wud be a problem at the time of advertising ... as there'll be many fresh graduates out there with no experience. In such case, will the company or the attorney be able to reject the applications with a valid reason ... won't there be any complications during that period? Can u plz elaborate on this ... thank u.

Has any one filed b4 june 15th (and had gone to audit->final->in process) got certified? Looks like its going in first in last out kinda queue. Thanks!

i am in same boat

Hey buddy
don't worry i am in the same boat. I filed 6/7/2005 case went to Atlanta. My case went from sponsorship to audit to final to in process on respective re run dates.
No Response yet....

Are there any other people like this??

Good Luck to all of us.

sd_guy27 said:
Has any one filed b4 june 15th (and had gone to audit->final->in process) got certified? Looks like its going in first in last out kinda queue. Thanks!

Status of PERM case

Hi,
Earlier it was possible to get intermediate status of a PERM case. Now all it shows is "In Process". Is it possible to get the intermediate status now?

Thanks.

Filed in June, still in process

Filed on 6/29 to Atlanta, EB-2 (software engineer), got sponsorship call on 7/25 due to the DOL mail server problems, changed to Final Review, and has been in "In Process" since late July. Already passed 60 days, and getting more and more hopeless. We never got audit requests, but i am not sure if my case ever had a Audit status since I don't have access to check status and the attorney wouldn't check it everyday. The attorney told me to be patient and said that there seems to be a 10 days window (6/25-7/5) and cases filed during that period seem to stuck somewhere. Anybody filed during that period got certified? I know there're quite a few people filed in late June still in process, but as far as I know, most of them had an audit status, but for my case, I can assume i don't (otherwise we should got a audit letter from DOL by now). So what could happen to my case? Please help me, any suggestions is appreciated. By the way, the attoney sent a mail to DOL, but no response yet.

Filed in June, still in process

File on 6/29 to Atlanta, EB-2 (IT), delayed sponsorship call on 7/25 due to DOL's mail server problems, then status changed to Final review, and then has been "In process" since late July. Already passed 60 days, and become more and more hopeless. I have a few questions, any suggestions will be appreciated.

1. We did get any audit requests from DOL, the attoney said my case never got audit. But since i don't have access to check status, and i am sure the attoney won't do that everyday, so there's still a possibility of having an audit before final review. Can I assume that my case didn't get audit since otherwise we should get the audit letter by now.

2. My attoney said PERM cases filed between 6/25 to 7/5 seem to get stuck somewhere. Anybody filed during that period got certified?

The attoney sent a mail to DOL, and no response yet. What happened to my case?

oops, just notice that posted twice, there was some problems when i submit the first one, so had to type again and resubmit.

Thank God!

Dear Friends,
With blessing of Almighty God, I got the email this morning that my labor has been approved from Atlanta. I am thankful to this forum and its members for always keeping me updated of all happenings in immigration.
Wish you all the Best!

Regards,

In Process

I field on 06/27/2005, within a day , it went to Final Review. Late July , it moved to 'In Process'. 60 days passed. I contacted attorney, they say, 45-60 day rule is only an approximate estimate, to which they are not bound by any regulation. I asked my employer to send an email to DOL.
psam

DSLStart

DSLstart.

Was your case EB2 or EB3 ?

DSLstart said:
Dear Friends,
With blessing of Almighty God, I got the email this morning that my labor has been approved from Atlanta. I am thankful to this forum and its members for always keeping me updated of all happenings in immigration.
Wish you all the Best!

Regards,