anyone combining CP interview with marriage?

Address at Chennai

Could you please let us know, the exact address of chennai consulate where you sent your documents by courier?

Address at Chennai

It is the same address which we use to send our Packet3.
            Consulate General of the United States of America,
            Visa Unit,
            220 Anna Salai
            Gemini Circle,
            Chennai 60006

Primary\'s employment letter needed in wifes interview?

If I (being the primary applicant) return to US after sending PKT 3 for my spouse to the consulate, do I need to necessarily be in the same job until she gets her GC after the interview? Does she need to carry my employment letter to the interview and should it be from the same job? What if I lose my job and am with another company? Does anyone know about this?

Got married this week....CP interview next week.

I am combining marraige and CP. Will post details after the interview...
-IndGC3

anyone added spouse close to their interview date

Is there anyone in this newsgroup that added his/her spouse to the immigrant visa petition close to the interview. I am wondering what the time frame for the spouse\'s interview is. Also, immihelp.com cpers suggest that we dont POE until the spouse\'s interview is scheduled. Is this true?

CP and marriage success

I was assigned an interview date on Oct. 25th at Mumbai.
Got married on Oct 19th.
Went to Mumbai consulate on Oct 21st with a filled out Packet 3, Marriage certificate + copy, Birth certificate of wife + copy. Submitted that and got a new appointment letter for the same date (Oct 25) with my wife\'s name on it.
Wife got medicals done on Oct 22.
Went for interview on Oct 25th together. Straightforward questions. No additional documents requested apart from the ones listed on the letter the consulate sends you.
Entered the US (SFO is the POE) alone on Oct 31st. Wife to follow later.

CP and marriage can be combined with no fuss. Whether the new spouse is interviewed with the applicant or later depends on the consulate officer\'s discretion. Hope for both interviews to be together, else just wait patiently :) It is a simple straightforward process, will go through smoothly.

Good luck.

any similar experiences with chennai

I am wondering if there are similar experiences with chennai consulate.. as in the interview for the spouse scheduled on the same day given that the marital status change is notified to the consulate a few days ahead.

It seems like mumbai is a little more efficient in this as I have heard about a few more cases like this.

CP and marriage combined..

I agree mumbai seems to be handling better than chennai in these cases.
Got married 12days before my interview and submitted spouse pkt 3 on the date of my interview. Called chennai to check if they can issue an appointment for my spouse with me but they said she will be given at a later date. Submitted DS 230 part 1, marriage certificate copy, Birth certificate copy, my appointment letter, my I-140 approval copy and my notorized employment letter copy.
Waiting for spouse interview to be scheduled soon.

CP & marriage..

Questions to successfull cases..
(1) How long did take for the spouse to get her interview date?
(after submitting pkt 3 for her)
(2) How was the interview process easy for her? Any different
from the primary applicant\'s interview?
(3) Do we need to PCC for her from local RPO?

Also can any one post success stories for their spouse interview??

Can some body post experience of spouse for the interview?

My brother is getting married after his CP interview. Can somebody who had similar experience post
what documents to send to the consulate
how long does it take to get an interview date
can my brother come back to us even though his wife is waiting for the interview.
Regards

I did submit the required documents,

I got married after my CP is done. Before returning to US I spoke to Chennai Consulate. They asked me to mail our marriage certificate,spouse\'s birth certificate,passport of my spouse and mine. I did and returned to US. I sent a couple of mails to the Consulate. No certain date was committed by the Consulate yet. It\'s been a month and am keeping my fingers crossed.

No Title

Hi JayS

COngrats!! on getting GC and getting married. Can you please post how your CP interview went.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Can anyone post their spouse GC experience here,

Is there anybody who got married after their CP is done and had their spouse\'s interview done on a later date? I have a lot of questions regarding this.

Does the primary applicant should attend the interview along with the sponsored spouse?

Thanks in advance,

JayS