anyone combining CP interview with marriage?

Anand please reply

Hi Anand,

Will you have to stay in India until your spouse appears for the interview (after marriage)? OR you can come back right away after filing application (I guess P3) for her? Please throw some light on this if you know.

Thanks

cp with marriage

here\'s something i did -

after getting married (interview for me already scheduled), i sent
relevant certificates to chennai consulate for spouse like BC, MC,
PP copy, Marriage pics, cover letter etc. A week before my interview
i got a letter from consulate saying they had scheduled both our
interviews together. Wife had never been to US earlier, maybe that
was a factor...

My interview is on Oct 18th and I am getting married on Oct 9th

Hey Guys..

My interview is on Oct 18th and I am getting married on Oct 9th. I will be sending the packet 3 for my wife immediately after the marrriage and my spouse will get an appointment after 8 weeks(that\'s what Consulate said). But, I am not sure whether or not I need to send I-864 for my spouse? Please let me know if anyone has answer to thie Q...

cheers...

Interesting

That\'s interesting. This is similar to what I heard from folks who got their GC approved at the Mumbai Consulate. I\'m not sure however how useful it is for me as my marriage is in the beginning of the 4th week of November. I guess the month will pass before they can make arrangements unless there are a lot of unused visas in the month of November. BTW, Halea hana!! Could you pls. post your dates just for reference : Interview date and when you sent your spouse\'s application material...

How long you can stay after interview

Can anyone tell how long we can stay in India after the CP interview before returning to US?

Also, is it possible to get the interview done for myself and then get married after a month and submit the P3 for the spouse. I appriciate your response.

Thanks,

JayS

JayS

Refer Anand72\'s posting....he did same thing.....interview, got approval now will be getting married (not sure what date)....and will file P3 for spouse before returning to US....not sure whether he will have to stay until his spouse also gets interview/approval OR he can come back after filing P3.

Hope this helps....

Thanks gcplore,

Just wanted to keep this thread alive. Also, somewhere here I noticed a couple of CPers are going to attend interview around Sep 29th with \'combining marriage with CP\' case. Did anybody see a postings by them like \'Successfull CP at Chennai\'. I appreciate your consistent responses on this regard.

JayS

your Q

Hi JayS,

I surely appreciate your efforts to keep this one alive. you must have seen Anand72\'s posting about he is being thru this process....I know cpmumbai is also shooting at this....sometime towards end of the october.

gcplore

How long can we hold on to P3.....

How long can we hold on to P3 ? I plan to get married next march, and want to make sure i wont get an interview call before that. One way is to hold on to P3 till jan/feb. Can one keep the P3 that long before mailing it to the counsulate ?

I have read one Anand\'s message.,

GCPlore,

I have read one message posted as \'Successfull CP at Chennai\' by a name Anand (not sure if Anand72). In that posting, he mentioned that he went with his wife and got the CP done at the same time. I am not sure if he was already married before CP or had a register marriage (for the sake of CP) and later have a \'Muhurtham\' marriage. Somebody please clear this.

CP@Chennai, I am going to hold my P3 untill end of November so that I can get an interview around Late January/Early February. Marriage is not fixed yet.Just started to look for girls.

Seems that is another Anand

Hi JayS,

If you go thru this thread carefully,. his information is posted (user id Anand72). The one you read about is different than the one I am talking about. His case was, he went for CP, got approval, chennai consulate confirmed that he can add his spouse later and might be looking (or getting married very soon)...........after that he would file P3 for her spouse that is what he said....

JayS, I looking for a good lawyer to take over my case, I am aiming to go for Attorney certified case, would you please share his email address, phone number and your experience with him. That would be a great help.

Thanks.

Seems that is different Anand

Hi JayS,

If you go thru this thread carefully,. his information is posted (user id Anand72). The one you read about is different than the one I am talking about. His case was, he went for CP, got approval, chennai consulate confirmed that he can add his spouse later and might be looking (or getting married very soon)...........after that he would file P3 for her spouse that is what he said....

JayS, I looking for a good lawyer to take over my case, I am aiming to go for Attorney certified case, would you please share his email address, phone number and your experience with him. That would be a great help.

Thanks.

Attorney details.,

GCPlore,

I\'m filing thru my employer and the lawyer is also an employee of the company. She was very helpfull and cooperating. Mine is a \'Future employment based\', means my future employer(not the one with whom I am employed right now, but its sister concern) and EB2.

I heared Mr.Rajeev Khanna himself(thanks to him,who maintains this site) is very helpfull based on some earlier postings. If you still want to check futher options,respond to this message, then I can check with my attorney.

Fellow CPers.,

Have you heared any more people who gone thru our situation recently?
Also would like to keep the thread alive.

No Title

I am trying to combine CP and marraige...Interview on Oct 31 &
Marraige next week...Will let you know how it goes...I hope things work out...
-IndGC3

Successful CP

Guys,
 I had successful CP on Sep 27 at Chennai. I met Anand72 also.
We both are combining CP with marriage. I got married on Oct 7.
Informed consulate officer about the marriage at the time of the interview and asked me to mail the following docs after marriage.
1) My Appt letter copy
2) My approval letter copy (letter on top of the yellow cover which we receive after successful interview)
3) Birth certifcate copy of wife
4) Marriage certificate copy
5) Covering letter with local address

Mailed the above docs last week and entered US on Oct 20.
I will contact consualte to find out about my wife\'s interview.

Thanks

Congrats iamlp.,

Hope the CP goes well for your wife also!!!. Please keep updating this thread if you hear anything.

This is cool

My attorney still insists that I should get married BEFORE the interview (which I plan to do anyways). Thanks to IamIp, we know better. Hope it goes well dude, and thanks again.

Hopefully we will here the experience from our GC pal about getting married before the inteview on the same trip.