anyone combining CP interview with marriage?

anand72

Registered Users (C)
Hi anyone combining CP interview with marriage please post any details you have found. I am planning on doing this in September. I plan on getting married after my interview and file for spouse before returning.

No Title

I am also planning to get married and submit the packet 3 for spouse before returning. Expecting Sept interview.

No Title

Hi Guys
I am in same situation. I am planning OCT interview and getting married and submit P3 for the spouse. I am little confused about the procedure. My guess is...
1. Submit the P3 forms (Both OF-230 and OF-169) at the enquiry counters.
2. I think we can use the copies P3 forms we received from NVC.

After that primary applicant can come back to US and spouse will get P4 and interview.

Please let me know if this works

Thank you

No Title

I am also thinking this would the right thing to do. Your wife will not be allowed to take the interview along with you, because the appointment letter will only have your name on it.

Does the EB current dates matter for NVC to create a case number for the spouse after we getting the Visa? I\'m affraid, the dates mey retro starting 2002. Any ideas...

No Title

Hi guys

I have mailed chennai consulate about this and also posted questions to Ron Gotcher on imminfo.com. What I have learnt is this is possible and all you have to do is make the consulate aware that you are planning to get married before returning to US and also submit your spouse\'s P3 along with marriage certificate to the consulate after you complete marriage. I am not sure however as to where you would submit the P3. I am guessing you would personally go to consulate and submit it or do we have to mail it in? Any ideas?

Marriage after will work?

Hi all,

By the posts on the web site, it looks like marrriage after the interview will work. Is that really the case? I was under the impression that if you intend to tack on your spouses application to yours, a packet III form has to be filed along with the marriage certificate at the time of the primary applicant\'s interview. The primary applicant can return to the US after that, but the secondary applicant will have the interview a month or so later (how much exactly any idea?)

To be explicit, the intention of marrying at the time of the interview is not good enough. Proof of marriage must be shown.

Clarifications would be greatly appreciated!

No Title

Hi

I have heard of one case where the marriage was completed after the cp interview. Also I have heard of cases on this forum where the consular officer has voluntarily stated that it is possible to get married before you return to the US and submit an application for the spouse without the applicant even asking for this information. I also mailed chennai consulate about this and recieved a positive reply. Also Ron Gotcher on imminfo.com has confirmed that this is indeed possible. So I am quite confident that this is indeed possible but not many people have done it and those who have done it are no longer contributing to this forum.

No Title

Me too...I asked my lawyer about this. She said the same thing. That\'s the reason I am delaying sending my P3 to consulate even though I got P3 in July. I am getting married in October. Any ideas, guys, if I can request them an interview date after my marriage. Will they oblige. I am sending the P3 mentioning my fiancee\'s name and my wedding date.

No Title

Its too late for me to turn back now my interview is in sept. I will let you know my experience as to how things go.

anand72: Please post your experience

It will be beneficial for a lot of people if you can post your experience after getting the GC. I have browsed through a couple of immigration sites and they all say that it is possible to attach your spouse to the same category as long as you are married before you return to US (when you become an immigrant). But, I havent seen anyone\'s personal experience as yet.

Anand is there a way i can contact you?

Anand, I\'d like to get more information about combining CP and marriage since I\'m in the same boat. Can you please send me your email address (mine is mumbaigc@yahoo.com). Others, if you have any information to share too, I\'d be greatful.

Thanks.

Can you post the response from consulate?

Dear Anand:

Can you post the response you received from the consulate. It will be greatly helpful for all of us on the board.

No Title

hI

fyi here is the reply I got back from chennai consulate. I am planning on attending interview in september and will be getting married after interview and then submit my spouse\'s application.

----------------------------------------------------------

YOu have to submit the marriage cert, the birth cert of your spouse,
your
passport copy and her ppt copy and then we will include her name and
after
she submits her pkt 3 information, we will schedule the appointment
after 8
weeks.

No Title

Anand72 & others,

During the interview of your spouse subsequent to the submission of PKT 3, is the spouse expected to carry the employment letter of the primary applicant? Does anyone know about this? (say, the primary applicant returned to the US)

marriage after successful CP interview

Hi Anand and gcmakesmered,

I am in same boat like you guys. Anand, can I have your email address? mumbaigc, I got yours. Let\'s be in touch. Mine is gcplore@yahoo.com

I would be grateful if some one can answer following questions....thank you, Gurus!

If I am planning to get married after interview,
do I need to convey this while filing packet 3? or I tell them(cosulate officers) during interview?
When I can (or have to) submit spouse\'s details if it is not available at the time of interview? Can I submit that information after marraige (that is after interivew)? so that my spouse still can get the immigration visa based on my case?
what if some one would loose job after he gets CP approval (i.e. img visa) but yet not back to US? Can he enter based on img visa?
The maximum time some one can stay in India after CP approval is 6 months, is that right?

thank you much!.....appreciate for creating and maintaining this thread!.

gcplore......

Losing job before entering the US

GCPlore,

I can answer the question you had about losing one\'s job (on which basis one got P.R.) If that happens, according to the law you have to notify the consular post and surrender your G.C. I read somewhere on this site a while ago that they make you sign/swear something to that effect at the time of the interview.

The marriage questions still remain unanswered :( I guess one of us has to go through the fire and notify the others...

Response about marriage & CP

I posted the same questions to another lawyer who gave this advice. Take it for what it\'s worth (standard legal disclaimer).
---
The important thing is to get married before you return to the U.S. and enter as an immigrant. If you marry before your interview, just tell them at the time of the interview that you are now married. If possible, give them a copy of the marriage certificate. Better still, also give them a Packet 3 for your wife.

If you are going to get married after the interview, tell the consular staff during your interview and ask them how they want you to handle it.
---

So, it looks like you CAN get married before and after the interview. Dunno who\'s done the after part ever though. I have four weeks of leave and am going to schedule it so that my interview is towards the end...so marriage will be before (hopefully).

Hope that helps and good luck to all - with the interview and marriage :)