Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

sooners I would suggest you post your own post in the forum, more people will respond to it, and many not from NY area don't check this thread... I'm off to my interview tomorrow in garden city, hope I have better luck....

Sooners I am in the same boat. I had my interview on 3/15/06 and they kept telling me that the application is pending on name check. I do have a common Asian last name and probably that's why. Anyone has any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I went to Federal Plaza and applied for advance parole this past Monday. If you have complete documents, you can get it in one day. I went in the building at 10:30 and came out at 3:30 pm with the travel document good till next July.

fish333 said:
Sooners I am in the same boat. I had my interview on 3/15/06 and they kept telling me that the application is pending on name check. I do have a common Asian last name and probably that's why. Anyone has any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I went to Federal Plaza and applied for advance parole this past Monday. If you have complete documents, you can get it in one day. I went in the building at 10:30 and came out at 3:30 pm with the travel document good till next July.

Is that for a family emergency or they just gave it to you on the spot without emergency???

Questions to fish333

I filed advance Parole application yesterday by E file option. Currently I am preparing supporting documents...I have to wait until I receive doctor's letter from my home country. I heard that Advance Parole usually takes 3 months to be approved....How could you get advance Parole within a day??? Was it regular application or some kinds of special case? If that was special case, which forms did you file and what kinds of documents did you prepare? Thanks

Sarrebal, it has to be an emergency travel so that they will give you right there. I was invited to a conference oversea in September and I brought the invitation and conference agenda.

sooners00 said:
I filed advance Parole application yesterday by E file option. Currently I am preparing supporting documents...I have to wait until I receive doctor's letter from my home country. I heard that Advance Parole usually takes 3 months to be approved....How could you get advance Parole within a day??? Was it regular application or some kinds of special case? If that was special case, which forms did you file and what kinds of documents did you prepare? Thanks

It is an emergency travel, and can be due to business or family reasons. The form and documents needed are the same. As long as you can justify that it's an emergency case then they will consider. Be sure to check "multiple entry" else the AP will only be good for a very limited of time.

Hi everyone I am new to this forum but feel like I know everyone, I spent all day yesterday reading all 34 pages and I can't thank you enough, up until now I felt like I was completely alone, nobody understood what I was going through what all this waiting was doing to me. My husband was so happy that I found you all.

I don't know if you want my background but this is not my first time filing. It didn't work out in 2003 so here I am again on the waiting game but this time with the love of my life by my side, but unfortunately no travel parole, which is the only thing I really want immediately, the freedom to travel home. I am not eligible for travel parole.

Home country Ireland
Married USC
03/04/06 - Mailed papers
03/10/06 - Receipt of adjustment papers
03/30/06 - Finger Prints
06/05/06 - Received Employment card (never needed this, boss doesn't care)
08/16/06 - Interview - Garden City

My profile on USCIS site updated approval for EAD and receipt of I130 anI485 but nothing after the interview.
Any questions or feedback would be great.
And thanks again for being here.

Fish333

fish333 said:

Hi, Fish333. Does the common last name really slow down the FBI name check process ? I indeed have a common Chinese last name, maybe that's the reason?

Hope this helps someone

Here is

Here is my timeline for garden city hope this helps someone here in New york.

H1B married to USC(GC holder until march 06) (5years in October..)
AOS package sent to chicago lockbox 03/17/06
RD 3/19/06
ND 3/23/06
FP/BIO ND 3/24/06
FP/BIO CODE 3 DONE 4/7/06
LUD I485 8/17/06
LUD I130 7/30/06
LUD I765 7/27/06
EAD RECEIVED 5/31/06
INTERVIEW 7/17/06
WELCOME LETTER 8/5/06
GC RECEIVED 8/11/06

acfttech said:
Here is

Here is my timeline for garden city hope this helps someone here in New york.

H1B married to USC(GC holder until march 06) (5years in October..)
AOS package sent to chicago lockbox 03/17/06
RD 3/19/06
ND 3/23/06
FP/BIO ND 3/24/06
FP/BIO CODE 3 DONE 4/7/06
LUD I485 8/17/06
LUD I130 7/30/06
LUD I765 7/27/06
EAD RECEIVED 5/31/06
INTERVIEW 7/17/06
WELCOME LETTER 8/5/06
GC RECEIVED 8/11/06

Even though I saw somebody with an interview in 90 days in NYC, your timeline looks pretty good (interview in less than 4 months).
When did you actually receive your interview notice?

hey sarrebal,
did you apply for ead or are you just going to continue with your H1-B?? i haven't applied for AP yet. i want to travel during christmas break, so i'm hoping that this will be done by then. i have no idea what the heck happened. i saw someone in nyc with a 90 days timeline. and he put in his papers the same day as me. maybe i have bad luck??!!! i guess i just have to be patient.

also acfttech,
when did you get your notice roughly? i just got my EAD approval, and i'm trying to project a timeline for my interview notice. don't know if it's going to help though.

candyattitude said:
hey sarrebal,
did you apply for ead or are you just going to continue with your H1-B?? i haven't applied for AP yet. i want to travel during christmas break, so i'm hoping that this will be done by then. i have no idea what the heck happened. i saw someone in nyc with a 90 days timeline. and he put in his papers the same day as me. maybe i have bad luck??!!! i guess i just have to be patient.

I applied for EAD because I wanted to change my job...or just in case I receive an unrefusable offer during AOS process...just not to curse myself in case that happens. It almost happened but I have to turn down an offer because my wife just got accepted for her last semester of law school in Tokyo from January to May and I'm going with her.
I'm traveling on Wednesday to the Caribbean (Ernesto willing...) and again on Thanksgiving to the Caribbean. I was worried about having another job by Thanksgiving and not a green card yet (no travel ability then), but at this point I think I'll be ok.
Well....if I don't get approved by Christmas then I'm in trouble...if I don't get anything this week, then I think I'll go ahead and spend the $170 for I-131

sarrebal said:
if I don't get anything this week, then I think I'll go ahead and spend the $170 for I-131

Nevermind.
We received interview notice today. It's gonna be on Oct 24 in Garden City.
And I think I figured out the way they split between the 2 offices.
We basically live by Federal Plaza. We're going to Garden City.
I think AOS interviews are held in Garden City while naturalization ones are held @ Federal Plaza.

Got approved today

Just got email from USCIS and states that my 485 has been approved and welcome notice has been mailed out.... :D :D
Interviewed on 4/19 and just got approved today, go figue...
I think I will go to federal plaza and request a stamp very soon since it doesn't say whether my GC has been mailed out.
can't believe it. great news today...
go luck with everyone still on the name check pending. make infor pass, call 1800 numbers, it will help a little.
Best wish to all of you. and thanks for all of your help...

Wow chrisz, congratulations! Looks like I am the only waiting here (had my interview on 3/15/06). Who else is also waiting this long?

My I-94 card was taken at the interview, and I plan to travel with my AP next week. What should I say when the airline people are going to take th I-94 card? Is it going to be ok? Does anyone have the experience?

Many thanks.

Thanks fish333.
i think ari4u has a post regarding travling with AP.
Stay stay strong and when you come back your prbly will get your GC already! ;)

just got back from garden city. i walked up to the window 1 guy and told him my story - the officer who interviewed me was transferred to another office and when i called last week, i was told that noone knew who was handling my case.

i showed him my passport and at first, he told me my case is pending like the passport said and would not even check on my case in the computer in front of him. then i told him that i just wanted to make sure my case is being handled and not sitting at some corner in the building.

he finally checked and told me an officer picked up my case 3 weeks ago and just started working on the case. he was rude and unprofessional, cant believe i am paying my taxes to pay this guy.

hopefully, i will get my approval soon. i also filled out the form there to get the status by mail just in case the guy was lying.

hope no one will mind a newbie bumping this thread, as my husband and I have our interview at Garden City in 19 days :) I've really enjoyed reading the mostly positive stories out of the Garden city office.

Here's our timeline:

01-05-07: Filed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago
01-11-07: NOA1
01-26-07: RFE (tax and income information)
01-30-07: Biometrics
02-02-07: RFE returned
02-07-07: RFE received and updated by USCIS
03-11-07: I-130 and I-485 LUD
04-02-07: Interview at Garden City!

hope no one will mind a newbie bumping this thread, as my husband and I have our interview at Garden City in 19 days :) I've really enjoyed reading the mostly positive stories out of the Garden city office.

Here's our timeline:

01-05-07: Filed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago
01-11-07: NOA1
01-26-07: RFE (tax and income information)
01-30-07: Biometrics
02-02-07: RFE returned
02-07-07: RFE received and updated by USCIS
03-11-07: I-130 and I-485 LUD
04-02-07: Interview at Garden City!

Congrats on your fast processing. NYC DO. I applied for my spouse (I-765 & I-485) two weeks before you guys, 12/23/06 and you already have an interview date before us, and we don't even have an RFE :cool:

Anyway all the best at the interview. :D

Timeline Below

Spouse - DO- NYC

Application Mailed 12-23-06
Receipt Date 12-25-06
Chq. Cashed 12-29-06
Notice Date 01-02-07
FP Notice Date 01-04-07
FP Date 01-17-07

LUD - I485/I765 - 01-10-07
LUD - I485/I765 - 01-17-07
LUD - I485/I765 - 01-20-07