Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

how could they have expedite service on FBI name check for H1B visa but not greencard? i would pay $1000 extra to ensure my greencard is arrived in 3 months.

any thoughts?

4/19 interview, still no nothing.
all i do is waiting...
will keep posted if anything happens.
i expect 4 months, so 8/19/06...
not sure if i need to make inforpass.
good luck all

They stamped my passport in Garden City

Hey All, Just FYI, I had my interview yesterday morning @ 9am in Garden City. The intervew was short and the officer told me to go wait downstairs and he'll send my passport downstairs stamped.

It's stamped for a year and they said i'll get my card in 3 weeks...

Thanks to all and I'll have prayers for all of u.

cheetat1 said:
Hey All, Just FYI, I had my interview yesterday morning @ 9am in Garden City. The intervew was short and the officer told me to go wait downstairs and he'll send my passport downstairs stamped.

It's stamped for a year and they said i'll get my card in 3 weeks...

Thanks to all and I'll have prayers for all of u.
Congrats Cheetat1! That's great. I heard that Garden City wasn't stamping passports...so that gives me hope for next month.

They were stamping passports like crazy. I saw couples, families and singles lining up to collect their stamped passport. In the batch i was in, there were 20 people.

I heard that rumor also that garden city doesn't stamp, and my lawyer told me that also. But all that turned out to be wrong.

I also find it strange that I got an interview within 3 months of applying for my AOS and the interview was 5 minutes and they stamped my passport. (Not complaining here), but i think they're trying to get rid of the backlog in NYC with Garden City's office. It was like an assemblyline.

If the officer doesn't offer to stamp, you should ask and make an excuse why, (maybe your long lost cousin's wedding or something).

GARDEN CITY DOES STAMP! I AND THE 20 PEOPLE WHO WERE IN MY BATCH ARE LIVING PROOF.

cheetat1 said:
They were stamping passports like crazy. I saw couples, families and singles lining up to collect their stamped passport. In the batch i was in, there were 20 people.

I heard that rumor also that garden city doesn't stamp, and my lawyer told me that also. But all that turned out to be wrong.

I also find it strange that I got an interview within 3 months of applying for my AOS and the interview was 5 minutes and they stamped my passport. (Not complaining here), but i think they're trying to get rid of the backlog in NYC with Garden City's office. It was like an assemblyline.

If the officer doesn't offer to stamp, you should ask and make an excuse why, (maybe your long lost cousin's wedding or something).

GARDEN CITY DOES STAMP! I AND THE 20 PEOPLE WHO WERE IN MY BATCH ARE LIVING PROOF.

A colleague of mine got it stamped in Garden City.
He had to wait for 4 hours but he got it.

Just a thought, maybe because of the World Cup, they stopped stamping for a while? You know everyone wanted to go to Germany this year. Anyhow the officer asked me if i would wait 2 hours to get it stampped, I asked myself "I waited 18 years , should I wait 2 more hours?". It was the best 2 hour wait for a stamp i ever had in my life.

LOL Well that's great news, about getting the stamp in Garden City...we are still getting stuff together for the interview. If they told me I had to wait 8 hours, I would be camping out to get that stamp.

usabchan said:
nothing from USCIS yet, still waiting for the namecheck. i will keep you posted if i receive anything.

Good News! I received my welcome letter today saying that they approved my 1485 and they're gonna mail my greencard soon. They made the approval on the date of our 2nd year wedding anniversary yesterday July 21,2006. It was the best gift we had yesterday.

Application Date: Oct. 2005
EAD : December 2005
Interview Garden City : June 7,2006
Approval on I130(Verbal) : June 7,2006
Welcome Letter : July 21,2006

mj1914 said:
Good News! I received my welcome letter today saying that they approved my 1485 and they're gonna mail my greencard soon. They made the approval on the date of our 2nd year wedding anniversary yesterday July 21,2006. It was the best gift we had yesterday.

Application Date: Oct. 2005
EAD : December 2005
Interview Garden City : June 7,2006
Approval on I130(Verbal) : June 7,2006
Welcome Letter : July 21,2006
Greencard Arrive: July 24,2006

that is very good. I actually called them last week and the officer who handled my case was transferred to a different office couple weeks ago. They told me that a new officer would have been assigned to handle my case but they dont know who that was. I am going to call them later this week or may just drive back to garden city and find out my status.

did you sign up for the online status email? did you get the letter before they change the online status?

Well, I have check the online first and in that same day I received the Welcome letter that was Saturday and Monday I received the actual card. But before that I scheduled an appointment for August 2 to USCIS and even called them last Wednesday and ask what was happening on my papers. They said they can't tell anything because it's still too early to follow up my case. So, I'm really surprise when I receive it within that week because they told me before that it's too early. Maybe they change their mind. Well, just try to follow up your case. Goodluck and I'll pray for you.

i called today and ask them the status and was told it is too early to call(within 90 days). it looks like there isnt much i can do but wait.

The date on the GC is usually the date of the interview give or take towo days in some cases.

Don't worry it's gonna be soon. I know the feeling but what I did was to pray and just kept myself busy then all of a sudden it just came. Just keep posted!

Waiting Waiting ....

Hi, I am new in this forum.
I got married with US citizen last year and filed I I485 at February 2005.
My interview was February 2006 at Garden city. It has been 7 months since my interview but no news so far.... :mad: I am very frustrated...Went INS New York office twice. Both of the time officer just said can not track anything this moment just wait till decision is made. Have you heard any one waited this long??? I have sick grandma at home and I really have to visit home soon. What do I do???? I did not apply travel document yet and If I apply now, how long will it take?? Any advice will be greately appreciated :(

Sooner - I admittedly don't know much about this process apart from FILING, haven't gotten that far yet. But 7 mos does seem like a long time to wait for a decision after interview. Hopefully someone from this forum can give you some advice from experience. Unless you are stuck in Name Check, but they should have told you that up front.. :confused: Anyone?