Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

Ninyte

I do hope that it gets cleared , I wish that you could understand my frustration , the thing is no one understands until he or she experiences it , I pray that you do not have to experience it , Praetorian's case was completelt differetnt , he was approved on that day without been given any clause for namce check or other crap

Ninyte

I do hope that it gets cleared , I wish that you could understand my frustration , the thing is no one understands until he or she experiences it , I pray that you do not have to experience it , Praetorian's case was completelt differetnt , he was approved on that day without been given any clause for namce check or other crap

I do understand your frustration as my husband was stuck in a name check for his naturalization process, yet I needed him to be naturalized for me to get my GC. He was stuck for more than 3 years and it took a lawsuit to finally clear it. I hope you do not have to go through this.
All I am saying is that 2 days after the interview there's is nothing you can do, but hope that it clears fast.

Hey guys, I am new to here and wanted to get some advice from all/any of you. I applied around Thanksgiving time and by mistake I-130 and I-485 were sent out to two different places. But no biggie, they were each progressing with fingerprint appointment in a timely fashion etc... On April 17th, 2007 we had an interview in Garden City by an officer with Harley Davidson posters all over his office, forget his name... He said that all name checks and background checks are cleared and gave me a verbal approval of the case. But said that he cannot yet approve it in the system because the I-130 was still pending. He said that he will request quicker processing of the I-130 and then approve the 485. I-130 was approved about 2 weeks after the interview and no news from them. I tried calling there, but never able to reach an officer. I was transfered around and lost in the Garden City phone directory. Any suggestions on whether i should go there or not? Also, I did move during this process (after the interview) and did update the address with USCIS (received mailed confirmation from them for this) for the particular receipt number and electronically submitted an AR-11. I also went to the Fed Plaza, and was told that the guy in unable to get the status of my case because his system can't get into the Garden City's database. Gave me a piece of paper to fill out with the status...and said he would mail it there for me. Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!

Hey guys, I am new to here and wanted to get some advice from all/any of you. I applied around Thanksgiving time and by mistake I-130 and I-485 were sent out to two different places. But no biggie, they were each progressing with fingerprint appointment in a timely fashion etc... On April 17th, 2007 we had an interview in Garden City by an officer with Harley Davidson posters all over his office, forget his name... He said that all name checks and background checks are cleared and gave me a verbal approval of the case. But said that he cannot yet approve it in the system because the I-130 was still pending. He said that he will request quicker processing of the I-130 and then approve the 485. I-130 was approved about 2 weeks after the interview and no news from them. I tried calling there, but never able to reach an officer. I was transfered around and lost in the Garden City phone directory. Any suggestions on whether i should go there or not? Also, I did move during this process (after the interview) and did update the address with USCIS (received mailed confirmation from them for this) for the particular receipt number and electronically submitted an AR-11. I also went to the Fed Plaza, and was told that the guy in unable to get the status of my case because his system can't get into the Garden City's database. Gave me a piece of paper to fill out with the status...and said he would mail it there for me. Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!

if your file is at garden city it is completely useless to go to fed plaza , i went to garden city a week back all they did was made me fill out a form with mu questions , made me wait for an hour and then said come back after 3 weeks , i was completely pissed off

if your file is at garden city it is completely useless to go to fed plaza , i went to garden city a week back all they did was made me fill out a form with mu questions , made me wait for an hour and then said come back after 3 weeks , i was completely pissed off

Hey franticsky,
Have you ever tried calling them and were lucky engough to speak to an officer? Also, i hear that if your case is outside of the processing timeline, you can call customer service and they will carry on what they call an "investigation" and will get back to you within 30-60 days with what is going on with your case.

I tried everything , I am going to Federal Plaza again on 17th september to find out more , i got lucky twice , got connected to an immigration officer over the fone he said that the name check was pending , but a few days later i got a letter from the congressman's office which had an email converstaion betwenn his office and homeland security , in that email it mentioned that the adjudicating officer has requested another file from Nebraska service center , there was no mention of name check whatsoever in the congressman's letter

I tried everything , I am going to Federal Plaza again on 17th september to find out more , i got lucky twice , got connected to an immigration officer over the fone he said that the name check was pending , but a few days later i got a letter from the congressman's office which had an email converstaion betwenn his office and homeland security , in that email it mentioned that the adjudicating officer has requested another file from Nebraska service center , there was no mention of name check whatsoever in the congressman's letter

Very strange. How long has it been since you have interviewed ? Did you ask to speak any available officer or you specifically asked for the one who interviewed you? How did you get the congressman's office involved? I emailed the congressman a few days ago without a response yet...

Also, i am thinking that whatever was requested from the Nebraska Center may be to do with the name check or be a part of their procedure. I just noticed that you interviewed on August 22nd... thats just a few weeks ago. I've been waiting forever :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote an email to my congressman giving all my details , and they wrote to homeland security , no i did not specifically ask for any officer , the folks at garden city let me fill up a form and asked me to wait after waiting for an hour they said come back after 3 weeks , i called uscis customer service yesterday too , got lucky again and spoke to an IO she said that my case was proceeding well but everythg is pending :confused: , so i asked her if my name check was cleared she did not say anythg and asked me to wait for the mail , i really do not know what the hell is going on :mad:

Also, i am thinking that whatever was requested from the Nebraska Center may be to do with the name check or be a part of their procedure. I just noticed that you interviewed on August 22nd... thats just a few weeks ago. I've been waiting forever :)

The file they have requested from Nebraska has nothing to do with name check , my previous employer filed an I-140 petition ( which is an immigrant visa petition for employment based GC , same as I-130 which is for family based cases) they have to combine this file with my file at garden city and then proceed with the approval

The file they have requested from Nebraska has nothing to do with name check , my previous employer filed an I-140 petition ( which is an immigrant visa petition for employment based GC , same as I-130 which is for family based cases) they have to combine this file with my file at garden city and then proceed with the approval

I wrote an email to my congressman giving all my details , and they wrote to homeland security , no i did not specifically ask for any officer , the folks at garden city let me fill up a form and asked me to wait after waiting for an hour they said come back after 3 weeks , i called uscis customer service yesterday too , got lucky again and spoke to an IO she said that my case was proceeding well but everythg is pending :confused: , so i asked her if my name check was cleared she did not say anythg and asked me to wait for the mail , i really do not know what the hell is going on :mad:

This may sound dumb, how do you get through to an IO when calling Customer Service? Do you ask the customer service rep to speak to an IO or is there a combination of numbers to punch in to reach one?

I'll be calling both the customer service and Garden City tomorrow.

Hi franticsky ,
I guess we are in the same boat. Exactly the same situation.... Waiting for mail and will follow up on your thread to see whats happening. Please kindly keep us posted.

10/31/07 : Card Production ordered :)

So I called the Customer Service today and they created a service order for a case that is outside of the processing timeline. They said that an IO will be in touch before October 14th with an update on what is causing the slow down.

So after all this wait, i contacted my congressman's office and they found out from the USCIS that my case is pending some security checks. Although at the time of an interview the IO said that all checks have already been cleared. Confused...

My card says, resident since 3/31/06 i don't know what this date means. I was approved on 5/1. the closest date i can think of is when my interviewing officer told me he approved me over the phone on 4/1.
But i wouldn't lose sleep over this.

Jdawg9
I was interviewed by the same officer who interviewed you. xxxx xxxxic Jr. Overweight, and missing fingers Polish last name.
He said that the case is held for further review " he wants to run by his supervisor"and pending background check.
I confirmed 2 days after the interview that the background check was completed sometime in May 2007 and I went to the interview on 12/11/2007. I wonder if this is exactly what happened to you. or something else.
Also I would really appreciate it if you can provide me with his exact name and extrention.becuase I wrote i on a peace of paper that i misplaced. Also was he friendly over the phone with you. I have no intention to call until next year. you can send the info to johnny_utsa@yahoo.com.
Regards

Guys, any clue on what sec 245 A#........ initials/DAO means? This officer wrote it in my passport during the interview. I've been waiting for a year since the interview already... Any help is appreciated.