Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

Still Waiting to hear from NYC office

I have taken my 3rd Info pass appointment for next friday at NYC office. I am one block from 26 federal plaza so i have decide to keep going there every week and ask for update on my Status and keep fillling Inquiry forms.
1. I-485/130/131/765 applied April 12 2005
2. Received receipt on April 15th 2005 with note to call 1800# for biometrics appointment
3. Biometrics done 30th April 2005
4. Received Advance Parole and EAD on June 7th 2006
5. Received Interview Notice Oct 1 2006
6. Interview on Feb 15th 2006. Approved and received I-551 Stamp
Officer said you will receive ur green card in 4 weeks and i am still waiting....

Online Status has not been updated Since April 15 2005.
Loacted my file with help of multiple calls to immigration office and info pass appointment. It is in NBC storage in Lee Summit MO and the officer who took my interview has not updated the system or whatever has happend after the interview.
Officer in NYC office keep asking me to file inquiry forms thats it. Congressmen's office is also looking into this situation.
My attorney is also writing letters in regards to this.
Now what's next left to be done anyone in similar situation

Last edited by a moderator:
approved

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 31, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.

Wow those boys in garden city are getting quick..

yahoo... :D

hi, all,

I had my interview yesterday, it went pretty good. the officer asked some basic questions, like parents' names, last year income, where did we meet and how, when was the last time we travelled and where did we stay...etc... she did ask for some documents i did not have such as previous w2s and mortgage documents(the apt is under my wife's name). I just told her that they were not stated in the notice that was why i did not have them. but at the end she said she did not need them and approved the i130 but not the i485 because they have not received the background check yet.

did anyone have a similar situation where your i130 was approved but not the i485? or what exactly does that mean?

thanks

timeline

dec 10 - filed i765, i485, i130
dec 15 - receipt notice for i765, i485, i130
feb 20 - EAD card approved
jun 5 - GC interview
jun 5 - i130 approved, i485 pending.

dec 10 - filed i765, i485, i130
dec 15 - receipt notice for i765, i485, i130
feb 20 - EAD card approved
jun 5 - GC interview
jun 5 - approved i130, i485 pending (waiting for name check)

so our interview was march 13, 2006. this weekend will be 90 days since interview. our lawyer will start the inquiry process next week! waiting ain't fun anymore!
:(

Our interview was march 15, 2006. Now I have to start contacting lawyers and looking up congressmans website. Crazy!

well, after almost 90 days on the dot, we just got an email saying a welcome notice was mailed on june 8th! does this mean my husband's case is officially approved?
how long to get the actual card now?

our interview was march 13, 2006.

Hi

My I got a welcome notice dated may 31 and I got my passport stamped today at fedral plaza. As for the cards I was told it was ordered on June 6th ..so I guess a week.

How's everyone doing? Just wanted to let you guys know that I had no problem at POE at JFK. Just returned from my first Int'l trip since GC. Well first plane trip, i did a canadian border crossing a month ago.

jdawg9 said:
How's everyone doing? Just wanted to let you guys know that I had no problem at POE at JFK. Just returned from my first Int'l trip since GC. Well first plane trip, i did a canadian border crossing a month ago.

WHen you croos a canadian border, do they take you to the "special" room?
What do they ask? I'm planning to use AP while my AOS is still pending. It was more then 3 months now since the interview :( still nothing.
I have I-94 valid till october, 2006. I know that if you cross canadian border with valid I-94 and your visit is no longer then 30 days - you just show them your passport with valid I-94. Is it true?

kaktus said:
WHen you croos a canadian border, do they take you to the "special" room?
What do they ask? I'm planning to use AP while my AOS is still pending. It was more then 3 months now since the interview :( still nothing.
I have I-94 valid till october, 2006. I know that if you cross canadian border with valid I-94 and your visit is no longer then 30 days - you just show them your passport with valid I-94. Is it true?

I can only answer the first part of the question. The second i honestly don't know and don't want to give you bad advice.

I crossed the Canadian Border driving, its almost like a toll both, they just ask you to see everyone's face in the car and to hand them the passport. I crossed with two US Citizen girls and I had my passport with the stamp and the green card was in the pocket of the passport holder. He didn't even look at the green card and just asked me what my status was. I told him, I was a resident and my green card was with the passport. He didn't even look at it and let us go. I'm not saying you will get an easy officer but you should post your second question in a separate thread, so maybe more people will see it and help you.

Good luck.

My husband and I have an interview at 9:30AM on Monday, the 19th at Garden City.
I'm hoping they will give the stamp, as we have immediate travel plans (family wedding abroad).
I'm getting very freaked out, though, I have to say...

katies6767 said:
My husband and I have an interview at 9:30AM on Monday, the 19th at Garden City.
I'm hoping they will give the stamp, as we have immediate travel plans (family wedding abroad).
I'm getting very freaked out, though, I have to say...

Can I ask you when you submitted application and where do you live (Manhattan, other NYC boroughs, L.I. or upstate)?

I still don't understand what criteria USCIS uses to send people to Garden City instead of Federal Plaza.

Thanks.