Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

Interview...

Hey guys well my interview is slated for July 17th..any pointers, would it be a problem if we took our 4 year old daughter....

H1B married to USC(GC holder until march 06) (5years in October..)
AOS package sent to chicago lockbox 03/17/06
RD 3/19/06
ND 3/23/06
FP/BIO ND 3/24/06
FP/BIO CODE 3 DONE 4/7/06
LUD I485 4/10/06
LUD I130 5/6/06
LUD I765 5/18/06
EAD????
INTERVIEW 7/17/06

any updates from anyone expcet those who got GC alreay? :) :rolleyes:

Keep us posted please.
I am still waiting and going to make infor. appointment soon. Been waiting for more than a month and need to find out where my files at.

Hang on there

Best regards

Finally!!!

I just received a welcome notice :) I am so excited!!!

My online status has not changed... I do not know what really contributed to the fact that things are getting straighten out regarding my case, but it seems to me like it was that letter that I sent to the Ombudsman office. I do not know for sure though... Who cares? ;) It seems like I will get my green card sooooooooooon :D

AOS (I-485) at NYC I-551 stamped but Status still pending on the system. Interview was on 15th Feb 2006. Had 2 info pass appointment till date but of no use. Officers keep saying its still pending according to the system.

interview on jun5, 2006 (garden city)

hi all,

i am having my interview on jun5, 2006 (garden city).

i would appreciate if any of you can answer the following questions:

1 - what did you bring to the interview? besides those are listed in the letter. what are the "must-bring" items?

2 - did any of you get an approval stamp right after the interview recently?

3 - if I get the stamp right after the interview, does that mean that I can leave the country and be able to come back?

4 - what questions did they ask?

thanks for answering all my questions.

this is my timeline:

nov 10 - filed i765, i485, i130
dec 15 - receipt notice for i765, i485, i130
feb 20 - EAD card approved
jun 5 - GC interview

marion_etka said:
I just received a welcome notice :) I am so excited!!!

My online status has not changed... I do not know what really contributed to the fact that things are getting straighten out regarding my case, but it seems to me like it was that letter that I sent to the Ombudsman office. I do not know for sure though... Who cares? ;) It seems like I will get my green card sooooooooooon :D

Congratulations Marion_etka :D :D I'm very happy for you. You have been longer than anyone here on this thread. Thanks for the help and keep us posted when you get your GC :)

thank you jdawg9!!! my online status changed today :) "On May 18, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days.." :D

usabchan said:
hi all,

i am having my interview on jun5, 2006 (garden city).

i would appreciate if any of you can answer the following questions:

1 - what did you bring to the interview? besides those are listed in the letter. what are the "must-bring" items?
anything that prove your marriage, life insurance, car insurance, members of club, utility biils, lease, pictures etc. don't forget medical report

2 - did any of you get an approval stamp right after the interview recently?
no, read previous posts, they barely give stamps

3 - if I get the stamp right after the interview, does that mean that I can leave the country and be able to come back?
yes

4 - what questions did they ask?
questions are vary depends on interviewer.
thanks for answering all my questions.

this is my timeline:

nov 10 - filed i765, i485, i130
dec 15 - receipt notice for i765, i485, i130
feb 20 - EAD card approved
jun 5 - GC interview

change of status again

On May 24, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready. :D

I called the officer in Garden City trying to get some information. She simply told me that the "background check" has not finished, and it's not done by her so there is nothing she cannot do at this point. She said that when it's over 3 months and if I still don't hear anything, I should put it in writing. They kept talking about "put it in writing". Does anyone know who we should send that writing to? Also, I have filed the renewal of my EAD two months ago via E-file. It has not been approved. Does anyone know if this is taking too long?

My interview was on 3/15/2006.

Best wishes,

we are still waiting semi-patiently. we were interviewed on march 13, 2006. waiting, waiting....
so now it seems we might get a welcome letter without online status changing first....great! another thing to obsess over...ill be running to check the post and the online status everyday.
after june 13th (90 days) my lawyer is going to start making inquiries!

waiting...

i don't bother to check online status now, just keep my mail alert on all the time.
4/19, almost six weeks, no words, no nothing, they just sent back my origial birth certificate I left during the interview.
inquiry is going to where your interview took place. Don't see that much help.
Maybe I should make an infor-pass to check where my files at. Hope that would help the process.
Guess I am not alone here, stange that some people get their stuff pretty fast, and the others are just stucking in the middle of nowhere.
Anyway, I am pretty tight with work, and not planning to make an international travel soon. The flight is pretty expensive during the summer as well. still Nice to have my GC on hand soon.
Enjoy the holiday, going to host a BBQ party this weekend if there is no rain.

Regards...

I just received my green card :D It states that I am a resident since 10/01/2006 (date of the interview)

I also got an email from USCIS that states: "This case has been approved. On May 30, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days..." It is weird that I got the card before the approval notice, ha? But whatever :) I am sooooo happy!!!

Finally! Congratulations!!!!! :D :D

I just came back into the country on my new gc btw- I was so excited. :p The officer was all laugh and smiles- he asked if this was my first time travelling on the gc- and i said YES and I'm loving it. My husband at first didn't follow me to the same counter, because he's so used to us going to seperate officers- so when we approached, the officer asked- are you sure you guys are married? (jokingly)- I told him: I thought we were, but obviously my husband isn't too sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
marion_etka said:
I just received my green card :D It states that I am a resident since 10/01/2006 (date of the interview)

I also got an email from USCIS that states: "This case has been approved. On May 30, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days..." It is weird that I got the card before the approval notice, ha? But whatever :) I am sooooo happy!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MARION_ETKA, YOU REALLY DESERVE IT :) WHAT'S THE CELEBRATION? DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE ME ;)

I JUST USED MY GC FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS PAST WEEKEND IN THE CANADIAN BORDER.

ALL THE BEST.

Thank You :D No celebration really just happiness :) Yeah I can't wait to use my GC and I already got plane tickets... We are going to London and Poland in two months :) Safe trips Guys!!! So is there anyone else who is waiting for their GCs from our "circle of regulars"?

Im waiting but its been just a month ..my interview was May 2nd and the officer told me that I should get it in 4 weeks ..ya sure... there was a LUD on my I-130 on may 6th so I guess something is happening.

The wait ..the wait...lol....