Anybody received Plastic

Re: Travel to Canada on I551 stamp

I visited Canada after getting stamped last month. I drove to Canada via the rainbow bridge at Niagara Falls. I just sat in the car and handed over my passport to the Canadian officer. All he asked were where you from, what you plan to do in Canada and for how long and then he waved me to go. I did not even have to get out of my car!

Once inside Canada, I parked my car and walked back to US side and then back to Canada side to take pictures of the Water Falls from both sides. No problems encountered with the immigration officers. The stamp is as good as the actual green card!

Thanks!
That is good to hear. I will fly to Toronto. I guess I will get checked at airport.
I called canadian consulate in US. The automatic message says that visa is not required for permanent resident with I-551 or temperary permanent resident with I-688 on the back saying : temperary evidence of lawfully admission for permanent residence....... I felt like those are the message appearing on our stamp. But no idea about I-688.

travel to canada

i traveled to canada last month by car.
i entered at 1000 islands and came back at niagara falls. no problems at all at both ports.

???

Those who did not see my earlier posts, I (my attorney, actually) got a 'question' BCIS asking for the way I want my name to be put on GC. (Since I have a long name). My attorney replied about two weeks back.

My question is:
How long do you think will the process take from here, before i get the card??
Do you think it will go back to the same stage as a fresh approval?? 'cos i expected it come (or atleast a status update online) by now, but nothing happened. is it a cycle all over again or do you think it'll be any faster???

Thx for any inputs.

Re: ???

Firstly did BCIS receive your reply yet. Does your lawyer have a return rcpt. or acknowledgement fedex tracking etc.

Now clearly your details have been processed and it is waiting in the technical dept. that prints the name on the card. It could be a software where you type in the full name that needs to appear on the card, and it might have complained as the maximum width might have been exceeded.

If that is the case, then you should be able to hear from them soon. But it might take a bit more time to reach that dept. from the main dept. that receives your mail.

This is a calculated guess, but who knows how BCIS works ?
Hope for the best.
Call the NSC 1-800 number and try to talk to tier-2

Originally posted by BALAKONA
Those who did not see my earlier posts, I (my attorney, actually) got a 'question' BCIS asking for the way I want my name to be put on GC. (Since I have a long name). My attorney replied about two weeks back.

My question is:
How long do you think will the process take from here, before i get the card??
Do you think it will go back to the same stage as a fresh approval?? 'cos i expected it come (or atleast a status update online) by now, but nothing happened. is it a cycle all over again or do you think it'll be any faster???

Thx for any inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
guess online status back on track for approved cases..

my online status now changed to 'case approved' (as it was before) from 'receipt number not found'.

so assume online status is back on track for all approved cases now.

No Card yet

RD OCT last week 2001.
RFE NOV 2nd week 2003.
Case Transfered to Newark Feb 2nd week.
Interview April 2nd week 2003 at Newark.
Approved July 4th week 2003.
Stampped July 4th week 2003.

Waiting for the Plastic Card.......

thanks sai

I don't know if my lawyer rec'd anything.
my status also changed back to the old message of ...approved on....

It seems take longer time to receive the plastic card than it used to be. Based on the online record posted by people who have got their cards in this month, it took roughly 3-4 months to get the cards. It is too bad. I only saw one case that he/she got the card within 2 months.

When is our turn to get through all of this?

Approved on 7/30/03
Stamped on 8/4/03

Nearly two months waiting so far.

The worst thing about it is that they have no further information for you when you call. All they do is read the same on line message...

My Journey Just ended

Received the plastic today

RD - 01/09/02
ND - 01/23/02
AD - 07/07/03
PS - 07/17/03
CR - 09/26/03

Cheers

Jai

Re: My Journey Just ended

CONGRATS!!!!! Now you are free!

Originally posted by Jaic
Received the plastic today

RD - 01/09/02
ND - 01/23/02
AD - 07/07/03
PS - 07/17/03
CR - 09/26/03

Cheers

Jai

luk12

cheer up luk12. my wife's one took five days lees than two months for 'card ordered'. there are a lot of people who're gettin' it in two months. just wait and is gonna show up......

Card ordered 9/26 ..

I just checked status 9/27 and found that card ordered yesterday.so long wait is coming to end ??

AD : 6/23
PS : 7/01, newark NJ
CO : 9/26
CR : ???

Good luck to u all

Stamped at Boston on 7/03

Card ordered for both of us on 9/15

Received my card on 9/22

Received spouse card on 9/26. They had sent spouse card to old address. Got forwarded.

Signing off

485nh

Congrats on your freedom!!

Originally posted by 485nh
Stamped at Boston on 7/03

Card ordered for both of us on 9/15

Received my card on 9/22

Received spouse card on 9/26. They had sent spouse card to old address. Got forwarded.

Signing off

485nh

AD:9/17/03
PS:9/26/03 @ NYC

Waiting for the Card.

I guess they collect 2-3 months stamped A# and order the card.
That could be the reason behind some getting in one month while others get in 4 mos..
Say if a quarter is from Aug-Oct03, Aug PS guys would get in Nov03[4mos] while Oct PS guys would get in a month..!

Can we begin a thread on AD/PS with Place/CO/CR details to study this pattern?

Last edited by a moderator: