Any tips for the TN visa interview for "computer systems analyst?"

wolf_turtle

I am really scared to go for my TN visa renewal since the last time I went, I literally forgot my employer's address and was yelled at by the agent who then threatened to revoke my TN. Now, I'm not sure if he noted it down that I didn't know my employers address.
Also, are there any trick questions I should be prepared for?

Let your paperwork do the talking. Show up during business hours. When confronted with angry/abusive/ignorant agent asking questions that you don't think he should be asking, ask for a supervisor.

Make sure you understand what a "Computer Systems Analyst" is according to the occupational handbook, and make sure your actual job duties fall in line with the description.

You can't really prepare for "trick questions" such as demanding you memorize your employer's address. Just concentrate on understanding your application, and ensuring the application is fully legitimate.

I have never heard of asking for a supervisor before joining these forums, but thanks to nelsona's advice, I will do so the next time I think a TN application is being handled incorrectly.

However, the thing to remember is that you were finally approved last time. Who cares if he noted you didn't remember your employer's address? Getting grilled a little bit at the border builds character :) . As long as the officer doesn't think you're lying or entering with immigrant intent, and you get the approval, it's all ok (in my opinion).

One thing is a renewal and another the questions of the CBP officer at the point of entry. For renewal? just go to the consulate and show your paperwork (if mexican, your cedula profesional is a most). At the point of entry you obviously dont have to know the exact address but if you replied "i dont know" instead of simply responding " I work at SuperComputers in Bluetown, Oregon" then thats why you got yelled at, dont be nervous they can misinterpret.