Any September filers?

Does the I-130 need to be approved BEFORE the I-485 is approved?

Based on experience, how long is the I-130 taking to get approved in CALIFORNIA?

Thanks.

I called USCIS and asked about that. The second level IO told that I-130 is just a supplement form for petition, which if filed simultaneously with I-485 will get approved the same day your I-485 is approved. So, if you pass your Interview, I-130 is approved and if your name check and FP check is clear, your I-485 is approved and you get your GC.

You will get only LUDs on I-130 if you ever see it online. Most of us can't see that. If your receipt number does not work, there is no way you can ever register. Hence, the only option is to check daily. The computer system at backend is different than what we and first level Customer support can see. Hence, first level support can only give same info what you can see online yourself. Wait for some years and hope the systems will improve ;)

I called USCIS and asked about that. The second level IO told that I-130 is just a supplement form for petition, which if filed simultaneously with I-485 will get approved the same day your I-485 is approved. So, if you pass your Interview, I-130 is approved and if your name check and FP check is clear, your I-485 is approved and you get your GC.

You will get only LUDs on I-130 if you ever see it online. Most of us can't see that. If your receipt number does not work, there is no way you can ever register. Hence, the only option is to check daily. The computer system at backend is different than what we and first level Customer support can see. Hence, first level support can only give same info what you can see online yourself. Wait for some years and hope the systems will improve ;)

Thanks omorpheus.

Do you have to ask to speak with a 2nd level IO when you call USCIS?

Did u create portfolio? Go and register ... when you check case status online.. on the left side, you see the link to register, go and register and see if you can see something.

I did that, and when I tried to insert the file into my portfolio I got this on all 5 RN's..

* Customer Portfolio Insert Failed
* Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number.

I did that, and when I tried to insert the file into my portfolio I got this on all 5 RN's..

* Customer Portfolio Insert Failed
* Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number.

Looks like you missed few posts above....

You can't register with non-working RNs... Your case should exist in the database for it to let you track it....

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I saw them, I was just posting what it told me. It's frustrating because the message I saw on the site said they are 4 weeks behind and they have already entered the dates before and after mine was filed.

No, I saw them, I was just posting what it told me. It's frustrating because the message I saw on the site said they are 4 weeks behind and they have already entered the dates before and after mine was filed.

Today is federal holiday, so call them tomorrow and inquire ... That's the best thing ... Be prepared to get these standard answers in worst case:

1. Systems are down since last one or two weeks or last one month.
2. Its fed into a different system.
3. We are having some technical issues.

Remember to ask the first level support for technical issues number (I somehow lost that #) and then see if calling them rectifies it ... Good luck ..

Pardon my ignorance on this... but where do I call? The number on the receipt? I have tried before to call USCIS and I have about 20 minutes of telephone automated system merry go round and before I give up. I started thinking nobody works there.

Pardon my ignorance on this... but where do I call? The number on the receipt? I have tried before to call USCIS and I have about 20 minutes of telephone automated system merry go round and before I give up. I started thinking nobody works there.

Select the option about changing your address, you will speak with a costumer service representative. You can ask them about anything, you do NOT have to change your mailing address.

That is the easy way to get someone on the phone.

Quick question: any idea how much ahead of time people are getting ILs? Anyone here from Dallas DO who filed late august\Sept who did get thier interview notices..
Thanks.

LUD and case status online

Hi, can someone tell me what is LUD and how to obtain that?

Some of you mentioned that you are not able to see your case online. I assume you mean the following?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On October 4, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I registered and added the case to the portfolio, but I see the same message for the case, I guess creating a portforlio does not give you further information for the case, right?

9/28/07: Sent I-130 and I-485 on through priority mail.
10/5.2007, I-485 check cashed
9/30/2007, RD (got it on 10/09/07)
10/4/2007, ND (got it on 10/09/07)
10/10/2007, I-130 check cashed
11/06/2007, called USCIS, opened a SR.
FP has not come yet...

gcforparents8,

LUD is a last update on your case. You can get them on the USCIS case status online sometimes. I did not get any LUD until my EAD card was ordered (I-765). I haven't gotten any LUD on my other cases yet ,eventhough I was able to create my portfolio the same day I received my NOAs. Don't pay too much attention to the case online or it is just going to drive you nuts.:) If you go thru other threads you will see that many people have the same issue with the USCIS case online. It is not very helpful just made you be anxious about what is going to happen next.

Figured out the answers to my questions. I see the LUDs in my portfolio. Both LUDs for I-130 and I-485 shows 10/09/2007.

9/28/07: Sent I-130 and I-485 on through priority mail. :)
10/4/2007, ND (got it on 10/09/07) :)
10/09/2007, LUDs for I-130 and I-485
FP has not come yet... :confused:

Hi, can someone tell me what is LUD and how to obtain that?

Some of you mentioned that you are not able to see your case online. I assume you mean the following?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On October 4, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I registered and added the case to the portfolio, but I see the same message for the case, I guess creating a portforlio does not give you further information for the case, right?

9/28/07: Sent I-130 and I-485 on through priority mail.
10/4/2007, ND (got it on 10/09/07)
FP has not come yet...

Thanks Anace! :)

gcforparents8,

LUD is a last update on your case. You can get them on the USCIS case status online sometimes. I did not get any LUD until my EAD card was ordered (I-765). I haven't gotten any LUD on my other cases yet ,eventhough I was able to create my portfolio the same day I received my NOAs. Don't pay too much attention to the case online or it is just going to drive you nuts.:) If you go thru other threads you will see that many people have the same issue with the USCIS case online. It is not very helpful just made you be anxious about what is going to happen next.

Yes your SR is responded right away. I opened one also on 11/06/2007, nothing in the mail yet. My LUD still shows 10/09/2007. Wondering what date your LUD shows...

I can't see my case status online. For I-131, I haven't seen any LUDs.

Have you seen any LUDs on I-131? I think they responded right away either because my application was approved 2 weeks back but they couldn't generate EAD card due to lack of FP OR my DO had vacant slots.

What is your DO?

I see. I have not filed I-131. Only filed I-130 and I-485. By DO I assume you mean the closest local office, then I should belong to San Jose.

I can't see my case status online. For I-131, I haven't seen any LUDs.

Have you seen any LUDs on I-131? I think they responded right away either because my application was approved 2 weeks back but they couldn't generate EAD card due to lack of FP OR my DO had vacant slots.

What is your DO?

I see. I have not filed I-131. Only filed I-130 and I-485. By DO I assume you mean the closest local office, then I should belong to San Jose.

gcforparents8, since your application is for parents, you should have got the FP by now since sharon754 who is also in SJ got theirs way back in 1st week of Oct. In my SR response they mentioned that they had sent a letter but I failed to get it ...

So, I would say wait till next Monday and if you still don't get it, better call again and inquire ... Ask them specifically that I am fearing that I didn't get my FP letter. If you can't wait, better take INFOPASS and check in USCIS office -- where they will give you better info unless your bad luck causes you to go to the officer I went to. Good luck ...

I think your points are valid. I am also afraid that something might have happened for my case. My case is really simple except that my mom had overstayed, just I-130 and I-485, nothing else. I will give a few days and definitely need to do something next week.

gcforparents8, since your application is for parents, you should have got the FP by now since sharon754 who is also in SJ got theirs way back in 1st week of Oct. In my SR response they mentioned that they had sent a letter but I failed to get it ...

So, I would say wait till next Monday and if you still don't get it, better call again and inquire ... Ask them specifically that I am fearing that I didn't get my FP letter. If you can't wait, better take INFOPASS and check in USCIS office -- where they will give you better info unless your bad luck causes you to go to the officer I went to. Good luck ...