Any September filers?

Thanks Omorpheus:
Actually it is a long story behind that.. but I will leave it like that.. I was waiting for my wife to become citizen, then to apply for me.. but my wife's citizenship took over 3 years [Oath took place 2 years after the Interview, for NC] , and finally we had to seek help through lawyer and she got her citizenship July 2007. Otherwise I would've gotten it long time back.. anyway..

Also in 2003 I applied for GC through my H-1b [4 yrs ago], but that slipped.. did not get it finally...

However, this time I applied before the fee increase.... but stupid lawyer did not give my wife's citizenship's copy.. so application got rejected.. then finally I had to reapplly again.. now here I am fighting with my luck..

If I tell you everything, it would take 10 pages.. but I will not.. it is over.. so nothing we can do about it.. just pray for me so everything goes okay this time.. :)

Man this story is pretty sad :( ... I hate these lawyers who do not do their job properly. and with this new Name Check thing, the whole US Immigration is kind of screwed. They have our FPs, why can't they check and clear the names based on that. This is most pathetic.

I pray to GOD that you get your EAD and GC fast. I can feel your pain. Have faith in GOD and everything will be good. Don't sweat about it, take it easy and everything will be fine soon .... As golden_03 suggested, start preparing docs and I am sure you will pass the interview with flying colors. You have 10 years of marriage experience and a kid, so they can never deny your application. Good luck ...

Good luck ....

Man this story is pretty sad :( ... I hate these lawyers who do not do their job properly. and with this new Name Check thing, the whole US Immigration is kind of screwed. They have our FPs, why can't they check and clear the names based on that. This is most pathetic.

I pray to GOD that you get your EAD and GC fast. I can feel your pain. Have faith in GOD and everything will be good. Don't sweat about it, take it easy and everything will be fine soon .... As golden_03 suggested, start preparing docs and I am sure you will pass the interview with flying colors. You have 10 years of marriage experience and a kid, so they can never deny your application. Good luck ...

Good luck ....

omorpheus, thanks so much.. yes, I also hope there shouldn't be any problem.. since I waited long enough, couple of more months not a big deal... :)

Great News everyone:
Current Status of my I-765: Card production ordered. ... I checked 10 times for updates on my EAD today... there was no update.. I was about to go to sleep [10pm eastern].. and thought to check one more time.. and I saw that Card production has been ordered.

My time line pretty much matches with sarvalokesh [congrats].. thanks to all..

Great News everyone:
Current Status of my I-765: Card production ordered. ... I checked 10 times for updates on my EAD today... there was no update.. I was about to go to sleep [10pm eastern].. and thought to check one more time.. and I saw that Card production has been ordered.

My time line pretty much matches with sarvalokesh [congrats].. thanks to all..

yeeeeeh!:D Congrats!!!!!!!!! now you can relax and wait for the IL.
:)

Congrats sarvalokesh and whendoesitend. Great news ... So, now just AOS pending for you guys and you will be getting GC in no time.... :D

Recieved FP Notice :)

Hi Everyone,

I received my FP notice dated Nov 7 for Dec 5th today :D

I got another mail regarding the service request that I had opened and it was strange that they mentioned that "Our records indicate that we recently requested you to go to one of our ASCs for FP but you didn't receive this request. Your case is currently in suspense until you complete your FP."

Its pretty strange as I didn't get any letter but I am happy that its schedule for next month as we are traveling to southern CA on thanksgiving weekend. :cool: That way I don't need to cancel my airline tickets and hotel bookings :D

Thanks a lot for the info whendoesitend, justindian_03 and pandaexpress. Service request really helped ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I got another mail regarding the service request that I had opened and it was strange that they mentioned that "Our records indicate that we recently requested you to go to one of our ASCs for FP but you didn't receive this request. Your case is currently in suspense until you complete your FP."

Its pretty strange as I didn't get any letter but I am happy that its schedule for next month as we are traveling to southern CA on thanksgiving weekend. :cool: That way I don't need to cancel my airline tickets and hotel bookings :D

Thanks a lot for the info whendoesitend, justindian_03 and pandaexpress. Service request really helped ;)

congrats! its is long over due....:D

Congratulations Omorpheus!
Have fun in SoCal. I'm also headed there for thanksgiving.

I have a question about going out of status.
My F1 OPT is going to end in January. Does that make me out of status or something and do i have to fill out an out of status waiver?

Congratulations Omorpheus!
Have fun in SoCal. I'm also headed there for thanksgiving.

I have a question about going out of status.
My F1 OPT is going to end in January. Does that make me out of status or something and do i have to fill out an out of status waiver?

Thanks...

You still have 60 days after OPT ends and are still considered in status as long as you don't leave the country. Since you already have AP and hopefully after FP, your EAD will come within 30 days, you will get your EAD by end of this year. So, having EAD makes you in-status again ... So don;'t worry and enjoy your trip too :)

Congratulations!!! When did you open the SR?

Hi Everyone,

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the I-130 need to be approved BEFORE the I-485 is approved?

Based on experience, how long is the I-130 taking to get approved in CALIFORNIA?

Thanks.

Am I the only one left who cant access their case online? NONE of my receipt numbers work. FP done mid october, and still nothing.

Am I the only one left who cant access their case online? NONE of my receipt numbers work. FP done mid october, and still nothing.

Did u create portfolio? Go and register ... when you check case status online.. on the left side, you see the link to register, go and register and see if you can see something.

My understanding is that you create a portfolio with working receipt numbers. Since she is unable to see any of her receipt numbers in the system, creating a portfolio may not be of any her to her. When mine was not working and I called the customer service, they told me that they reason was that my receipt number was yet to be entered into the system (i don't know which system). Also, I have read on uscis website that for some cases, one is unable to track them online (I can't remember which ones). However, I know someone whose case numbers never worked in the online status track but he has just completed his AOS process. Maybe OP would like to call the customer service, have the call transfered to second level officer who can give her more information about her case.